Sign in to follow this  
TRPC_SHOOTER

Heinie Slant-pro Straight eight sights

Just wanted to share some impressions of the Heinie straight eights. I had 3 sets of sights installed; XDm 3.8 9mm, HK P30 S&W40, and Sig Sauer MK25. I had them all done directly from Heinie. Interesting tid-bit of info, I was told that Richard Heinie was performing the actual installation. The installs themselves look very good. I could not see any sort of blemish anywhere on the slide or the sights. They sent back the original sights which came back with some markings, but not a big deal as I was not planning to re-use them.

Interesting thing before I went to the range is that I believed some of the sights were not perfectly aligned just from visual inspection (front sight not centered perfectly down the middle of the front of slide or equidistant). Without trying them out I was merely speculating. At the range all three performed exceptionally well. Only had a chance to test from 10 yards as I was sharing a port with someone that came as my guest and new to shooting. From 10 yards I was hitting bulls-eyes and grouping within a 3" diameter. Not too shabby for me. Will try from 25 yards and see how I do.

I like the sight setup very much. I prefer them over the Sig sig-lite night sight and way over the wanna-be HK night sights as well as the 3-dots on the XDm. If I take a some pics I will put up a few.

-C

Range update.

At 25 yards I can't really say that they were that much of an improvement re: accuracy. Unsupported, I use a "reverse" Chapman-style grip and can keep it within a 3-4" radius from center which was similar to my results prior to the swap. I still like and prefer the Heinies over the stock as far as looks and sight picture. Is it worth the money? Hard to say if the question is specific to "improved" accuracy especially in my case. I do think they are an improvement over the Sig sights. If you want combat-style sights you can always order the ledge version of the Heinies.