Sign in to follow this  
dave545

Tough Mudder June 2nd PA anyone else going

from what i understand is that you really cant run it like i initially thought.. the mud prevents you from actually running... and i was gonna train for it like it was a normal marathon.. now that i know better i dont have to kill myself with cardio and can focus as much on muscle training and endurance.. pull ups, push, ups,

Will be doing my 2nd at Englishtown in October. Yeah, don't sweat the cardio - you don't run 12 miles all at once, more like half mile intervals in between obstacles. I *DO* recommend though that you work on ankle strength and flexibility. A lot of people get sprained/broken ankles running in loose dirt/sand/mud.

AAR - after action report

Englishtown is fairly easy compared to the ones in PA due to the lack of mountains. Cardio is a must. It is rule number one. The obstacles are not that bad. Vermont is a **** because of the mountains.

June shouldn't be too bad. No snow. The one in 2011 had snow on the mountain and the water was 34 degrees from the melting snow.

Ooh there is a NJ one in October?? Sweet!

I am doing a mud run June 8th in Medford NJ.

Here's the twist, you're being chased by zombies.

Its gonna be my first 5k I'm so pumped. If anyone else is interested check it out at run for your lives.com

If anyone is gonna sign up let me know because as of now I'm going to be solo Zombie bait!

Also looking to do the Badass Dash June 28th which is a mys run that benefits autism speaks.

im doing the pa one on June 1st also.. there really not all that bad. VT is toughest one in our general area. Ive done 4-5 of them. NJ is definitely the easiest. PA is tougher and VT is hardest. However I did do the Spartan race last year (i forget the name but it was like 9-10 miles) and that was just torture. It was actually the same day we had the tornado warnings and severe weather back in september. MUCH MUCH harder then tough mudder. I consider TM more of a fun, laid back charity event. Spartan was just abuse, was still fun but not easy at all. Anyway, good luck and have fun guys! maybe ill see some of you there.

BTW this coming from a 6'4" 280 lb former shotputter so i am by no means a distance runner

-Rich