AlexTheSane

Do you gravitate towards a certain brand?

My first handgun that I purchased was a Beretta 92FS. When I decided that I wanted a .40 caliber, I looked around and ended up at the PX4 Storm.

When looking for a pistol caliber carbine, I tried to save money and bought a JR Carbine 9mm, but it didn't feel right. I sold it and looked around then ended up buying a CX4 Storm 9mm, and it feels perfect in my hands.

Now I'm looking at other guns and find myself back at the Beretta website. Added to my wishlist now are the Nano and U22 Neos.

Does anyone else have a brand that they look at first when picking a firearm?

Ha! I had the same Beretta attraction that you have, except I went PX4, 92Fs, then CX4.

But I went and got myself a CZ 75 BD, and I'm cured of the Beretta bug.

Not that I don't love them, it's just that I love my CZ a bit more. My next pistol will be a CZ SP-01.

Try one, you'll know what I mean!

I consider myself a pretty critical consumer. I'm more than willing to go off the beaten path if it means I'm getting a better product. That said, there are very few brands that I give my complete trust to. Namely, I am a huge fan of 5.11 Tactical. Everything they make is quality and I have zero hesitation is ever recommending them.

I don't have enough experience with firearms, but you can see in my purchases my willingness to buy something more obscure. I currently own only two firearms: A PPQ M1 and a PWS Mk116 Mod 1 AR15.

In terms of flashlights, the only brand I've had work perfectly is FourSevens. I've had a Fenix light fail (still troubleshooting that) and I've have a Streamlight fail and neither of those have seen nearly as much use as the FourSevens.

Ha! I had the same Beretta attraction that you have, except I went PX4, 92Fs, then CX4.

But I went and got myself a CZ 75 BD, and I'm cured of the Beretta bug.

Not that I don't love them, it's just that I love my CZ a bit more. My next pistol will be a CZ SP-01.

Try one, you'll know what I mean!

I did and know exactly what you mean....Went from a marginal Sig to a CZ and have an order in for a 2075 Rami.

For me CZ and S&W.

love my 92fs.. i think i'm definitely partial to that style in a handgun but i will buy anything that meets my criteria:

reliable, fits my hand/shoulder/cheek/whatever, accurate (enough) and effective