anactivegrenade

Almost got my FID, but...

Beotch and Moan all you want, but why on earth do you think you should be "special"? When my Eagle Scout turned 18 we went to the PD together and did all of the forms, fingerprints (old-style with real INK), paid for the processing, etc. We lived together at the same address his entire life. SIX MONTHS LATER his NJ FID was finally ready! And this was 5 years ago, long before the "Big Awakening" of so many Gun Virgins like yourself clogging-up "the system", lol! So you're not alone my friend....

As others have said, stay on top of it. And here's a little more insight: There is no Firearms Division in local Police Departments (in most cases), so the regular Detectives take turns doing this desk duty (hated by most) and welcome the opportunity to do real Police work like interview witnesses, photograph crime scenes, go on a stake-out, give courtroom testimonies, process prisoners, drive out-of-town to criminology classes, etc., etc. When there's absolutely nuthin else to do on a rainy day, the processing of forms gets done, SO HOPE FOR MORE RAIN and keep the faith!

Dave

Old Fudd who's seen it all...

+1 on what Dave said. Stay on top of it and it's just a detective usually assigned to the FID applications and P2Ps. I became friendly with the detective in charge in my town, emailed back and forth with him, thanked him and brought them a box o Joe when I went to pick everything up. The detective was also looking to streamline future P2P applications and is waiving the references requirement (HUGE HELP!)

Congratulations,

Now say farewell to your bank account!

I feel like ive already said bye to my bank account and I havent even been waiting 6 weeks yet. NO SELF CONTROL WHEN BUYING AR PARTS

CONGRATS on your ID man!!!!. Now put up some sweet pics of what you buy for those of us still waiting for FIDs hahaha