LibertyOrDeath

My 1st AR Pistol build, need input.

Started it this past weekend and im looking for some input from other NJ Compliant AR pistol owners. So far all I have is the complete lower (polymer including LPK) minus the pistol buffer tube. My total weight thus far is 9.1oz. including the grip.

Parts on order: Phase 5 Pistol Buffer tube @ 7.3" long @ 3.1oz w/foam sleeve, Young Mfg stainless steel lite weight BCG @ 7.6oz, New Frontier polymer upper @ 3.9oz w/DC.

Spare parts on hand: MILSPEC Carbine Buffer/Spring (havent weighed yet) because I may not use them if they are too heavy.

I need input on where to find parts that are fluted, milled or purposely lightened and may be the lightest in weight that you know of for that particular component-ounces = pounds. Ive found a 8.5" barrel, gas tube and block w/total of 22oz but im thinking I can do better than that. Any input would be appreciated.

Come down to the 300yd range at SJSC on Sunday 4/21 at about noon.

We should be at the end of the 200yd High Power Match.

I'll have my jersey-legal AR pistols in the car and I'll show you the ins and outs of PRNJ-compatibility as it relates to these babies.

A real-time encounter with them (bring some ammo if you want to shoot them) is worth a thousand words.

btw, this offer is open to all SJSC members reading this post.

Thanks Turtle, Ill look into that. njJoniGuy, thats sounds outstanding, I will be There and I will bring some ammo so I can get a feel for it. Thank You for the Invite, Im very much looking forward to learning as much as I can about these pistols and even more so to finally owning one! TheLugNutZ, Correct, there can be nothing covering the barrel and or gas tube at all that would mitigate or come between your hand touching those hot surfaces.

Ive seen the gas tube heatshield on the Bushmaster models, is that a NJ mandatory requirement? I was planning on leaving the barrel and gas tube exposed. Can you define the acronym "PRNJ"-compliance?

People's republic of nj

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

If you're going to build a handgun with a particular lower, you need to burn a pistol permit to acquire it from your FFL.

I would be leery of buying private (you'd still need to burn a pistol permit) unless you saw the pink copy of the pistol permit that was used to acquire it by the seller.

If the lower in question was previously sold as a long gun receiver, or as "an other", it CANNOT LEGALLY be built into a pistol.

Once a long gun, always a long gun.

But the reverse is not necessarily true.

You can build a long gun based on that pistol lower and then legally turn it back into a pistol, but not the other way around.