tuktuk

New SciFy TV show Defiance

Yep... I like it so far. Different twist for a change... We needed something like this or awhile.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Yep... I like it so far. Different twist for a change... We needed something like this or awhile.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I was going to say the opposite. While I thought it was interesting I thought it was pretty generic. The plot was a mix of eureka and Serenity. We'll have to see if it also shares their interesting characters. I'll give it a few episodes.

Only watched the first half of the pilot so far. Overwhelmingly meh. No imagination went into the characters. I'll give it a few weeks, though.

Overwhelmingly meh. Lol. Well put.

The idea of a show going on in parallel with a Game is a neat idea. Haven't tried the game though

I dunno if it was like Eureka.. I liked that show a lot. But Irisa is kewl/hot and they showed next weeks... looks like they show the mines with St. Louis, Missouri down below. Dunno if it sunk... But anywho.. Living with an alien culture. More like Mad Max with aliens and sub cultures. I'll give it a go for a few.

I was going to say the opposite. While I thought it was interesting I thought it was pretty generic. The plot was a mix of eureka and Serenity. We'll have to see if it also shares their interesting characters. I'll give it a few episodes.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I dunno if it was like Eureka.. I liked that show a lot. But Irisa is kewl/hot and they showed next weeks... looks like they show the mines with St. Louis, Missouri down below. Dunno if it sunk... But anywho.. Living with an alien culture. More like Mad Max with aliens and sub cultures. I'll give it a go for a few.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Outsider shows up with his "daughter" and ends up sherif of a closed community. Totally Eureka. It also had a lot of Revolution plot points in that they're supposedly all looking for some artifact..in this case the mines.

What I meant not like Eureka is that eureka was not that far fetched and on earth during current times... Not mixed with aliens and crap. In any event... I like this kinda stuff, so I'll give it a chance to evolve. There are some actors in it I like too. And I like kick ass chicks. Even if she's alien! ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

What I meant not like Eureka is that eureka was not that far fetched and on earth during current times... Not mixed with aliens and crap. In any event... I like this kinda stuff, so I'll give it a chance to evolve. There are some actors in it I like too. And I like kick ass chicks. Even if she's alien! ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

True. I just hope the producers have bigger sights than "just another SciFi".

Compared to all the other once a week crap syfy puts out with cgi, looks like they actually spent some bux on it. Even though there is cgi, their costumes along are not cheap. It may just end up a long lasting series like the Stargates were. I know for fact a lot of fans of most of the SG genre were pist they shut down. So something like this could be he answer to bring viewers back to the syfy channel. Try catch the making of if you haven't too.

True. I just hope the producers have bigger sights than "just another SciFi".

Typos courtesy Apple...

Compared to all the other once a week crap syfy puts out with cgi, looks like they actually spent some bux on it. Even though there is cgi, their costumes along are not cheap. It may just end up a long lasting series like the Stargates were. I know for fact a lot of fans of most of the SG genre were pist they shut down. So something like this could be he answer to bring viewers back to the syfy channel. Try catch the making of if you haven't too.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I liked SGU and its a shame they never took advantage of its potential. I hope defiance does as you say, there really hasn't been any good science fiction on since SGU and BSG.

I have watched all the episodes as well as play the game on XBox.  I am kind of sucked into the show and I love that the game and show link up.  You intereact with Irisa, Nolan, Rynn so far.  There is also an episode where the Doctor says she will get med supplies shipped from a friend "Eron" from San Fran, which is where the game takes place.  The events in the game had us shipping med supplies to Defiance!  Very cool concept.  The show is typical SciFy...It reminds me of TerraNova with aliens rather than dinosaurs... either way I am enjoying both the show and game. 

Some things are coming to the game that are in the show such as being able to play a Castithan (the albino people) letting you use a charge blade, and supposedly the DLC will eventually open 5-7 other races, tons of weapons and vehicles as wel;l as being able to fight the Volge (attackers in pilot episode).  The game is borderlands meets Rift (Trion made rift as well as defiance game).  The game is fun but can get a little old, the leveling system makes no sense. 

Anyone playing on XBOX feel free to add me WinkWink531 join me in game.

It's somehow OK, IMO. 

Not something I would rush home to watch (would do it for The Killing and Rubicon), but if nothing better to do - it's OK.