panteramatt

How to rid mice?

Get yourself a stray cat, they're usually pretty good mouse catchers. Not one from the Kennel/rescues.

without being there to provide food, water, shelter and care this would be abandonment and animal crulety

without being there to provide food, water, shelter and care this would be abandonment and animal crulety

While this is true if the cat was kept indoors, it would not be the case with the ferral cat from off the "street". Plenty of "barn cats" live on old abandoned farms without any human assistance. Good luck on catching one though.

Go down to your Local LESCO grass seed dealer and get the mouse bait. The suckers eat it dehydrate and wonder off out side to die.

Lesco sells the pro stuff in a 2 or three gallon bucket. It will keep for years. I do it spring and fall. I use it in my crawl space to keep it away from the kids and pets. Shoprite also sells a homeowners sized version that works well.

Best to keep the food sealed in containers and get some spray foam and seal all the areas where they can get in .

Go in your crawl space (attic if on slab) and spray foam all the areas where electric wires run up into the walls.

Mice will come into your house for food and warmth in the spring and fall.

If you also have a bug problem lesco also sells stuff you mix and spray around your foundation and base board that keeps everything out! Its wonderful and food grade meaning safe. I spray and give it a day to dry before I go back just to be safe.

As one more added bonus Lesco sells grass products that are better then scotts and cheaper by weight.

They also are pros at advice VS the 17 year old at home depot.LOL

When my step dad was freshley divorced, he had no money and one of the local farmers (this was in Ohio) offered the old family shack as a place he could stay until he got on his feet. $50/month.

It was relatively water tight, but it was a dump loaded with mice.

His solution for the mice, beyond the traps and poison was a .22 magnum pistol with bird shot.

I used to visit for weeks at a time in the summer(it was before he married my mom) and I'd be sitting in the kitchen or in bed and *BANG*. Got used to it after a while. heh.

For many years farmers have used black snakes in the root celler. They did this because black snakes (also known as rat snakes) are very low maintenance, effective and very efficient, they usually killed and consumed the whole mouse. So if snakes are a no go, Victor mouse traps are a good bet.

I had mice a number of years ago. I threw some of those green bait poison blocks that they sell in home depot into my crawlspace. No way for larger animals to get in there, so no worries about affecting other wildlife. The mice were no longer a problem after a week.

Whats crazy is I was changing the air filter on my motorcycle. Its a airbox underneath the gas tank. The only way in is a snorkel tube the lowers down to the front of the bike near the radiator. Apparently the little bastards used it as a food storage bin. There was at least 1.5LBs of dry dog food in there. They were stealing the dog food from my utility room, using my crawlspace as a mouse superhighway to the garage, climbing up into the snorkel of the airbox and dropping the food in there. No nests, no feces, nothing other then dog food. I guess they were stockpiling for SHTF.

We had mice last year in the walls/attic... We tried trapping which worked but we kept catching them.. So we ended up having terminix set poison traps that dehydrated them to the point they would leave the house in search of water (even though it wouldn't save them) and I have not had a problem since

lesco is now john deere bait should not be available in 4lb buckets any longer as federal law states baits not sold in prebaited tamper resistant stations must be sold in18 lb or bigger containers to discourage missuse and no rodent bait has ever made mice go outside looking for water this is an old wives tale that wont go away recited by the ill informed pest techs who put little old ladies at ease that they wont be picking up dead mice all over.contrac blox is sold at john deere and the way it works by thinning the blood to the point of organ failure