springfieldxds

non resident Arizona no longer recognized in PA

I warned people of this before... the idea is to destroy carry in philly.. the idea is to disallow people living in philly to get permits... if they can get out of state ones then there is no control... they will IMO ban all but PA licenses..

I warned people of this before... the idea is to destroy carry in philly.. the idea is to disallow people living in philly to get permits... if they can get out of state ones then there is no control... they will IMO ban all but PA licenses..

I agree! And thank you for the info last week by the way!!!

Well if that's the case then were safe with Utah, like I said if you're a resident of PA you need a PA license before you can get a non resident Utah license, since nj and Utah don't have reciprocity we can still get the non resident Utah license without having to get an NJ one

FUG

If they loose utah I'm gonna be pissed.

Next up is Utah I bet.

Utah is a statutory agreement so if I'm not wrong I believe it will take legislative action to change it but nonetheless I believe the Utah loophole is closed already by utah, a resident of PA can't get a Utah license without having a pa license since the two state have reciprocity

Well if that's the case then were safe with Utah, like I said if you're a resident of PA you need a PA license before you can get a non resident Utah license, since nj and Utah don't have reciprocity we can still get the non resident Utah license without having to get an NJ one

The two latter quotes are correct. If PA wants to change reciprocity with Utah, it would take a change in the law to do that. Its extremely unlikely that will happen.

The notice only covers residents of PA and AZ. It doesn't mention holders of non-resident AZ permits that reside in other states.

WRONG! That's what it SAYS but not what they will enforce. The statement about the FL CCP says the same thing but I inquired about it, and I have an email from the PA Atty Gen office saying that as a NJ resident I cannot CCW in PA with a Fl CCP.

Well..... I'm hopin' Kim starts launchin' rockets so our elected orifices can move on to another subject other than stealing my 2A Rights......

Glad to see I'm not the only to think this... But on the other hand it's a great way for the government to secretly pass bills that are anti 2a while everyone in the world is watching dumb Kim.

(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided: (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109. (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.

According to this can't she just end reciprocity with Utah, it gives her the power to determine which states have similar laws to PA

Anyone know the specific part where it says we can carry in a car with a unrecognized ccw and then open carry?

I had posted this same question recently and mipafox was nice enough to supply the info. I may still get my AZ so I can OC everywhere.

Day by day things keep getting worse instead of better. It is very disheartening to see government officials circumventing our rights and the rights of others.

Soon it will be just like New Jersey.....they'll tell what to do, how they want it done and how much your gonna pay.....get ready to Bend Over Pennsylvania.

what is happening really doesn't have a whole lot to do with PA as a state... what is happening has a lot more to do with Philly.. which might as well not even be PA... the vast majority of PA is unaffected by this nonsense.. as was stated.... Philly really does not like to give license to carry firearms to people.... so they essentially deny them for any reason they can.... it is a very anti gun climate... people in Philly were getting fed up and just carrying on licenses from other states... Philly got pissed and moaned about it enough to have the state "take action" and "close the FL gun loophole".... but this is really a Philly issue... the rest of the state is far more freedom friendly... I walked into the local sheriffs office to have him sign off on NFA paperwork for a 7in SBR AR15... it took me longer to wait for him than it did to have him approve it... no hesitation.. no being treated like a criminal... just a let me know if you need anything else.. have a great day.. kind of attitude.. the point being is I would not ever judge the political climate of PA based on the slim eastern portion of the state... it gets very conservative and pro freedom as you travel away from that area.. there are people near where I live that remind me of people of 100 years ago... people that believe very strongly in guns and bibles... people who if get pushed would likely not be too happy to comply..

(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided: (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109. (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.

According to this can't she just end reciprocity with Utah, it gives her the power to determine which states have similar laws to PA

Seems to me she might suddenly decide the laws are not similar even though her predecessor found they were and the laws have not changed. But who needs laws? We can't insist the attorney general follow laws can we?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

if they're really only worried about people in PA who can't get a PA ccw then why not just say the permits won't be recognized for PA residents? i know this would make sense and of course thats something lawmakers never do but...

Philly to PA as is Newark / Camden is to NJ/

LA to Cali...Detriot to MI.

We keep letting a small percentage of the 13% along with some other kooks, change our laws that effect 98% of us.

if they're really only worried about people in PA who can't get a PA ccw then why not just say the permits won't be recognized for PA residents? i know this would make sense and of course thats something lawmakers never do but...

That would require changing the law, which the current legislation will never do, the AG is doing what she has power to do and that's just changing reciprocity agreements

because ideally Philly would prefer that NO ONE carry a gun... so they will do everything in their power to make that happen....

[sarcasm] because that will make it safer there..[/sarcasm]