ryan_j

non resident VA no longer recognized in PA

per new agreement:

http://www.attorneyg...eement_2013.pdf

Not where it says "to legal residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia."

Time to take that Utah class.

If PA has ceased honoring nonresident FL, AZ, and VA, what would make you think they are going to continue to honor Utah?

If PA has ceased honoring nonresident FL, AZ, and VA, what would make you think they are going to continue to honor Utah?

There are 6 categories of firearms reciprocity in PA. Utah falls in Category 2. FL, VA, AZ are all in Category 1 - Category 1: States that have entered into written reciprocity agreements with Pennsylvania. (Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6109(k))

Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.

• Colorado
  • Iowa
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • North Dakota
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin

http://www.attorneyg...ime.aspx?id=184

Eh, you know, this really is an issue for US.... but to PA residents... I can fully understand.

Put it this way... In what Shall Issue state would you have to live in, that does not have reciprocity with PA, that you would need to have a non resident license from a different state?

Can't she just decide they aren't similar?

She has no incentive to.

She is targeting PA residents who can't get a permit in PA so they go to FL (or VA or AZ).

Utah modified its permitting system so that it only issues to PA residents who have a PA CCP already. Therefore Utah closed the loophole already.

She has no incentive to.

She is targeting PA residents who can't get a permit in PA so they go to FL (or VA or AZ).

Utah modified its permitting system so that it only issues to PA residents who have a PA CCP already. Therefore Utah closed the loophole already.

This is the way I see it, I'm just hoping its true, as of right now your best bet is to get any statutory 2 license, under that list Utah is the easiest but I believe its possible to get Idaho, North Dakota and maybe Mississippi, though I believe you have to be present in those states to get a licence from them

She has no incentive to.

Also she isn't targeting all PA residents just Philly residents, remember the whole Florida loophole started in Philly because Philly tries to make their own laws and deny almost everyone they can under the character clause and instead of getting a lawyer and paying a ton of money to fight the denial they just get a Florida or Az or even a Va because before they didn't need a PA license to get those

Bloomberg endorsed this liberal, I wonder how much he's enjoy watching all of this as it happens, remember she got elected because of him so now she basically has to do what he tells her, I wouldn't be surprised if she found a way to make PA may issue or more likely make Philly like NYC where you can only carry in Philly with a Philly license, that's her ultimate goal

Quick list of licenses that are stilled honored in PA that non residents can get, feel free to add in if I missed something

Utah- fairly simple, GFH had the class and basically takes care of everything for you.

NEW Hampshire- must have a license from any other state then they'll give you a non resident license, application seems easy but NH might be next on AG list as a PA resident can get their license without having a PA license

Texas- you can mail in the application but you need to perform I believe a 10 hour safety course, ETA- safety course must be taken in Texas, but same as NH might be next on the AG list for same reason as NH

Idaho- you can mail in your application but from what I read you have to pick up the license in person, idk if this has changed

North Dakota- must take their safety course which is only available in ND

Mississippi- might be able to mail theirs in, their wording is confusing, states- residency requirement may be waived, provided the applicant possesses a valid permit from another state, is active military personnel stationed in MI, or is a retired LE living in MI, idk if that means you must be in the military stationed in MI as they all seem like separate requirements