Njgunowner

6 weeks to get my pistol permits

So in Tinton Falls it took almost exactly 6 weeks for my pistol permits and replacement fid card. Not too shabby considering, though I miss when they turned them around in 2 weeks. At least I can say in my town they really do try not to make it a horrible experience. My sister in law in Red Bank got jerked around for months before they finally issued hers.

How are the rest of you guys making out these days?

My daughter applied for her pistol permit the 17th of Jan, and I applied on the 19th of Feb. We got the call on Monday and will be picking them up tomorrow. Thats 11 weeks and a couple of days for hers and 7 weeks for me. Both from the same police station!

It amazes me how local PDs are getting these done in the 30 to 60 day time frame and it is consistently taking the NJSP 120- 150 days. I wonder if it is because they have noone to answer to, no local politicians, etc.

It amazes me how local PDs are getting these done in the 30 to 60 day time frame and it is consistently taking the NJSP 120- 150 days. I wonder if it is because they have noone to answer to, no local politicians, etc.

It's not amazing--It's simple insanity. The excuse is that they're dealing with "larger volumes" than local PD's, but every single local PD still needs to go through....NJSP. Day F'n 60 as of today--They already prepped me/the wife not to expect until at least day 100. This is unacceptable

It's not amazing--It's simple insanity. The excuse is that they're dealing with "larger volumes" than local PD's, but every single local PD still needs to go through....NJSP. Day F'n 60 as of today--They already prepped me/the wife not to expect until at least day 100. This is unacceptable

Lots of us are well over 100 and no permits in sight.

No doubt they have larger volumes- NJSP handles polcing for 22 municipalities, and should be staffed accordingly, but obviolusly either they aren't staffed properly, they aren't doing their job, or some combination of the two. If they are not staffed properly, then this is a known issue to "brass" and nothing is being done about it.

This is a difficult battle for those of us who have to use NJSP as it's tough to get those who are getting their permits in a few weeks to jump on board and do something about this. I've had a pistol paid for since December.

NJSP 144 days ! Was told at the end of January it should be another few weeks then was told in March that it went up to their Headquarters on Feb 27th and it should be only another few weeks. Yesterday I was told that they are overwhelmed................... so then, what I don't understand is, how do the local municipalities get theirs so much faster ?

No doubt they have larger volumes- NJSP handles polcing for 22 municipalities, and should be staffed accordingly, but obviolusly either they aren't staffed properly, they aren't doing their job, or some combination of the two. If they are not staffed properly, then this is a known issue to "brass" and nothing is being done about it.

This is a difficult battle for those of us who have to use NJSP as it's tough to get those who are getting their permits in a few weeks to jump on board and do something about this. I've had a pistol paid for since December.

I.....DON'T.....CARE....This is not my problem. The United States in general has become almost exclusively a "service based" industry. With such "service"--there is an expectation of a "service delivery". There are things called "service standards". Because NJSP has "higher volumes" is no excuse. This state really thinks we're stupid for putting up with this, and laughs at us every single time. If this was how I treated any clients that my team "serviced", I would have been out of a job a long time ago--you either need to deal with the volume accordingly, or CHANGE THE PROCESS so the volumes CAN be accommodated. People keep telling me when I say that I'm planning on packing up and moving to "stay and fight", but what fight is there to be had? We've made absolutely zero progress, and are going backwards.

NJSP 144 days ! Was told at the end of January it should be another few weeks then was told in March that it went up to their Headquarters on Feb 27th and it should be only another few weeks. Yesterday I was told that they are overwhelmed................... so then, what I don't understand is, how do the local municipalities get theirs so much faster ?

NJSP told me the exact same thing, that my FID went up to the firearms investigation unit for aproval on 2/27 and although under normal conditions it takes 30 days or less it is now taking 60 or more so I shouldn't look for my FID before the end of April.

120 days as of today, and all I have is a change of address not even a P2P.

Well F me. You guys are not giving me a lot of hope. Day 121

I'm on day 121 as well.

Why is NJSP taking so long to issue these permits? Other PD's are getting them out in a matter of 4-6 weeks. Us who have to use NJSP have been waiting 16+!

I was speaking with a NJ State Police Officer yesterday. He handles the majority of the requests that come thru the Hamilton Barracks. He told me that because of the increased volume they are now working 6 days a week. They are processing not only handgun permits, but ID Cards, changes of address etc. They go up to their Headquarters in Trenton in batches and are a mixed bag of the various requests.

I asked him about the Municipalities also having to go thru the State Police System and he said that they do not come thru there.... they are all handled at the local level. The only ones that would come up to them from the local level would be for a carry permit. He sympathize with my time frame which today is 5 months (submitted Nov 18th) but was optimistic that it should come thru any day.

JM1827 my permits went up on the Feb 27th also........

Damn everyone...

I got my NJ restricted "Carry Permit" in 'only' 2.5 months and that's with me delaying the process w fingerprints (was too lazy) by approx 2 weeks. Else it would have been a little less 2 months, or 7-8 weeks.

Sheesh.........