Hey guys I was approached with the opportunity to buy an Italian Carcano in 6.5 Norma. I know nothing about these guns except from what I picked up in a quick google search. The rifle is in fair condition at best, somebody had the stock engraved with a horrible looking water fowl. There is slight rust but no pitting, the bore is in good condition. It comes with 100 rounds of ammo and 1 clip. Really would like some input before I dish out the 200$ this guy is asking for it. Would this make a good project gun, or am I just looking at a money pit?

Got this all original carcano Calvary carbine in a great trade for both parties really don't know much about them besides that JFK was shot with one. Haven't had a chance to shoot a lot of rounds threw it though. Ammo is like $14 a box for new stuff. Haven't seen surplus come up yet. Do you know if the barrel was cut? They have progressively more aggressive rifling that really ruins the gun if you mess with. Here's mine

sa7y4avy.jpg

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

That looks exactly like the one I was approached with. The barrel doesn't look cut but I'm not sure. Also the wood piece that rides over top of the barrel is missing.

It has the under folding bayo and fixed rear sight? I've seen them on gunbrokerfor $200-300. Got mine for some 223 and 22 ammo lol

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I seen one at a gun show this past weekend, It was in good to fair condition and I think they were asking $150.

I don't own one but for the money i think I would buy a Mosin Nagant. They are supposed to be very accurate and the ammo in readily available. For a little more $ there have been a bunch of Yugo Mausers showing up at gun shows.

That looks exactly like the one I was approached with. The barrel doesn't look cut but I'm not sure. Also the wood piece that rides over top of the barrel is missing.

It sounds like the gun has been bubba-ed. If the stocks been messed with, the top hand guard is missing, and it's been rechambered (???) it's most likely not worth more than $50 or so. Intact Carcanos go for $100-$200 for common ones, up to $300 for less common ones.