chris327

xbox 360 repair anyone? rrod

I just went through this with my son. There are some "fixes" on You Tube that May fix it but they did not work for me. My drive was shot.

Let me know if you need help with transferring data if you go that route. It's not 100 percent clean

I think that they still have a 3 yr rrod warranty thru microsoft. I know when I was in college we got two new units from them bc they rrod'd within 3 yrs of purchase. We called their customer service, they sent a box for it, and then a new one showed up at the door like 2 weeks later.

There is a little life hack for those things. Now I know it sounds wierd but it works. Get a packing blanket and wrap it up and stick it in the stove in low heat for about a half hour vent side up lol. One out of many reasons to cause the red rings of death is the soddering of the processor comes undone. So what your trying to accomplish with this is to resodder, without cracking the shel of the system open. What can it hurt its broke anyway.

Buy an arcade version and transfer the hard drive. sell the bad one on ebay. there are people that buy the ones with rrod so they can fix and sell them. I did this couple years ago and have not had a problem since. After you sell the rrod console your total cost should be around $50 and you have a working console.

I fix XBOX's on the side for a few bucks and build PC's.

1. You will not be banned for your RROD being fixed. I can assure you that will NOT happen. Bans on XBOX's occur from aftermarket modifications including emulators which will allow you to play older games from dated systems. Not from repairs, new fans, etc.

2. The issue with a RROD is that the mother board warps due to heat. Because of this, the chip begins to separate from the board.

It's a very simple fix which uses regular every day nuts and bolts to prevent the board from further warping.

If your XBOX is under warranty, I suggest contacting Microsoft support. They are very helpful and the turnaround is pretty quick. If your warranty is up, I can recommend a few places where you can have your XBOX fixed. I would offer to do it for you, but I am currently in and out of NJ for a job I'm trying to get in VA.

http://www.videogame911.com/ is in Denville, NJ and I have recommended them in the past.