jrfly3006

Sweeney an NJ Sen intro 12 bills (no mag limit or online ammo ban)

By not eluding to anything could be bad. Let's cross fingers, toes, pubic hairs, nostril hairs, etc... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I think all taxes, hoops, etc. that Americans will be subjected to should also be put on the legislature. I want an instant background check every time one of them casts a vote. Mental health checks monthly....

I want the F.P.I.D. to be separate and not on my Drivers license. It's bad enough living in this messed up state without taking any of it's craziness with you when you travel. If my F.P.I.D. were part of my drivers license then any state I would travel in or any store that needs an ID would know I that I likely own firearms. What about when you rent a car? The car rental agency may make new policies regarding NJ driver's who have an F.P.I.D. endorsement on their license. Who knows where this will lead. IMO such info should be keep as private and as separate as possible.

I want the F.P.I.D. to be separate and not on my Drivers license. It's bad enough living in this messed up state without taking any of it's craziness with you when you travel. If my F.P.I.D. were part of my drivers license then any state I would travel in or any store that needs an ID would know I that I likely own firearms. What about when you rent a car? The car rental agency may make new policies regarding NJ driver's who have an F.P.I.D. endorsement on their license. Who knows where this will lead. IMO such info should be keep as private and as separate as possible.

Not to mention employment or any other place that needs a copy of your driver's license. As an educator, I'm sad to say that many people in my profession don't support the 2nd Amendment and if I ever had to apply to a new job, handing my license/firearms card over to HR might not go over well.

Not to mention employment or any other place that needs a copy of your driver's license. As an educator, I'm sad to say that many people in my profession don't support the 2nd Amendment and if I ever had to apply to a new job, handing my license/firearms card over to HR might not go over well.

I agree and if this does move forward (which it probably will) we will have to make some serious noise about it. Forget the employment issues. Think about what happens if you loose your wallet and some criminal finds it. Now he has an address where he can go steal guns from. The DEMS need to be made aware of the fact that they are giving criminals a road map to go steal guns. I've been emailing and calling every NJ rep about it. I'd appreciate it of you guys could do the same if you have not been.

Just because your NJDL has your FPID info on it doesn't mean it would be human readable. It could be coded on the bar code/mag strip (I forget what the DL has) or even just be a reference on your DL number in a DMV database.

I still don't like the idea of combining them, but it wouldn't have to be as obvious as the twilight license and such.

Just because your NJDL has your FPID info on it doesn't mean it would be human readable. It could be coded on the bar code/mag strip (I forget what the DL has) or even just be a reference on your DL number in a DMV database.

I still don't like the idea of combining them, but it wouldn't have to be as obvious as the twilight license and such.

If they embedded the endorsement in your DL's barcode, every FFL in the state would be required to by a device to read it. Currently DL readers run a couple hundred dollars minimum. KISS - keep it simple, stupid. Just give us a separate ID that looks just like a DL, but has an bar that reads "Firearms Purchaser ID" instead of "Auto Driver License," uses our DL photo, and have it printed at the DMV. They already have the infrastructure there and if you leave it to the NJSP or local PD to print, the completed applications will literally sit there for days before the card is run through a machine the officer will have no idea how to run let alone fix if it malfunctions. Not to fear, this is NJ and we're talking about a firearm related issue so our politicians will either willfully make it completely onerous or will screw it up out of total incompetence.

I don't believe the bar code uses any sort of strong encryption and the scanners that read these sort of bar codes on cost a few hundred bucks. SO if this happens criminals will either buy these scanners or as usual steal them.

I don't believe the bar code uses any sort of strong encryption and the scanners that read these sort of bar codes on cost a few hundred bucks. SO if this happens criminals will either buy these scanners or as usual steal them.

You don't even need a fancy scanner. A smartphone with a camera and an app can read a 2D or 3D barcode.

The driver license is not encrypted (why would it be?). It's PDF417 and relatively easy to read.

http://redlaser.com/blog/2013/01/pdf417-drivers-licenses-identification/

Some states even publish their standard:

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/general/New%20DL%20Barcode.pdf

And I think it's similar across the country.

You'd think the trend would be towards encrypting the info. In fact it's the exact opposite, given that swiping your DL for convenience sake is becoming popular.

Where can I fine out what Sen Sweeney and Give Christe said today. Cant find anything on the web. Got an email from NJ2a and they said Sweeny proposed 12 bills to include a 10 round magazine ban

Video here:

http://www.livestream.com/governorchrischristie/video?clipId=pla_98014e97-abc4-4304-9ebc-65e363ce0f70&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

He is at the podium from 04:07 onwards.

guys- Im really unhappy about the proposal to add a visible code to the DL. It sounds like we will be getting a code placed next to the glasses code (restr=1). In my opinion, a FID code on your DL tells the reader that the holder is basically a "rambo who owns an uzi."

After all, due to public hysteria, there is a misperception that anyone who owns a gun is a wild and dangerous nut. How about those gun owners who are between jobs or who are looking for a job? Those of you who are retired are beyond this, but some gun owners are just entering the work force, or trying to re-enter it.

As I read it, this proposed law will prevent any gun owner from applying for a teacher, lifeguard, school guidance counselor, walmart, target, kmart, sears, mcdonalds, wendys, walgreens, riteaid, boscovs, crackerbarrel, etc., or any job where the employer doesn't want to hear (or see) a gun endorsement on a new hire's DL.

Another option: would the NJ dmv allow existing drivers (with FID cards) to apply for "a non-driver photo identification" (with the FID endorsement). "The non-driver ID is issued solely for the purpose of providing identification and is not a license to drive." This would avoid the problem of being barred from non-gun friendly employment.

guys- Im really unhappy about the proposal to add a visible code to the DL. It sounds like we will be getting a code placed next to the glasses code (restr=1). In my opinion, a FID code on your DL tells the reader that the holder is basically a "rambo who owns an uzi."

After all, due to public hysteria, there is a misperception that anyone who owns a gun is a wild and dangerous nut. How about those gun owners who are between jobs or who are looking for a job? Those of you who are retired are beyond this, but some gun owners are just entering the work force, or trying to re-enter it.

As I read it, this proposed law will prevent any gun owner from applying for a teacher, lifeguard, school guidance counselor, walmart, target, kmart, sears, mcdonalds, wendys, walgreens, riteaid, boscovs, crackerbarrel, etc., or any job where the employer doesn't want to hear (or see) a gun endorsement on a new hire's DL.

Another option: would the NJ dmv allow existing drivers (with FID cards) to apply for "a non-driver photo identification" (with the FID endorsement). "The non-driver ID is issued solely for the purpose of providing identification and is not a license to drive." This would avoid the problem of being barred from non-gun friendly employment.

Has this made it into any of the senate bills in play? I only saw this in the Assembly bill by Mainor and Jimenez.

When you get a BI for teacher or anything dealing with kids or a security clearance, your FPID status will be known, as the BI includes local, state and Fed database checks. Plus you get fingerprinted, by our good friends of Christie, Sagem Morpho, for a lot of this (non FPID) stuff. Having the endorsement on an NJDL is a non starter for me, not because I care if people know I own guns (maybe), but it puts NJMVC in the middle of regulating a right, which is not their baliwick.

I've drawn the line in my head. I can't physically move my whole family to PA, but I can rent an apartment there and get an office at my company's PA branch. That's what I'm doing if this one passes. And getting a CCW.

Does anyone know if it's possible to file a joint return with two different states of residence? Will this raise a major red flag causing the IRS to put surveillance on my bachelor pad overlooking the Delaware River and count the hours I spend there?

Having the endorsement on an NJDL is a non starter for me, not because I care if people know I own guns (maybe), but it puts NJMVC in the middle of regulating a right, which is not their baliwick.

And we all know how well they keep private information private.

Does anyone know if it's possible to file a joint return with two different states of residence?

Yes.

Will this raise a major red flag causing the IRS to put surveillance on my bachelor pad overlooking the Delaware River and count the hours I spend there?

No. People do it all the time these days with the bad economy forcing some married couples to live apart to work and pay the bills. I would never do it even though I've had some generous offers in other states. My wife and kids are the most important thing to me. And thankfully I can always find a job.

It's not about making anyone safe. It's all about control

EXACTLY ! Why don't these people stand on a street corner in Camden or Newark and tell them that they're gonna take their guns away.

We are not represented, period. All these democrats have to do is constantly present piles of laws against us, "compromise" by not getting everything, and they win. We get nothing, because we have no one putting a pile of our demands on the table everytime the democrats bring theirs. The definition of compromise is BOTH sides giving up something to get something. We have no demands presented so they constantly win. Where are our demands? Conceal carry? Legalize hollow points? Exempt .22s from assault gun ban? Legalize SBRs in NJ, Im sure you can think of a million more, there is no process of compromise, we just have less and less .

Just watched the video..... so anyone have any doubts if Christie is Anti gun?

The 7 day waiting period..... news to me?

Either this was his way to put one in.... or he has no clue what the laws actually are.

IIRC its in there. but is completely ignored because the way its worded is from the time of APPLICATION. If you can get a permit in 7 days, I guess it may be applicable but not likely.

Found it

N.J.A.C. 13:54-3.9 Conditions of issuance of license; revocation

(a) All licenses issued pursuant to this subchapter shall be subject to the following conditions, the breach of any of which may result in license revocation after notice and hearing by the issuing court, upon the application of the Superintendent or any law enforcement officer.

5. No handgun shall be delivered to any person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer or manufacturer, or a law enforcement agency as provided by this

chapter, unless:

i. Such person possesses and exhibits a valid permit to purchase a handgun and at least seven days have elapsed since the date of application for the permit;

Edited by PeteF

N.J.A.C. 13:54-3.9 Conditions of issuance of license; revocation

i. Such person possesses and exhibits a valid permit to purchase a handgun and at least seven days have elapsed since the date of application for the permit;

Mad props! :clapping:

We've been :banghead: banging ours heads wondering what this 7-day thing was all about.

7-days.. roflmao. :laugh: More like 25-45 days.

Mad props! :clapping:

We've been :banghead: banging ours heads wondering what this 7-day thing was all about.

7-days.. roflmao. :laugh: More like 25-45 days.

Now if they were to actually improve the technology and go to quick look up at purchase system then the 7 day wait might come into play

[spinning back history]...

Way back in the late 70's, early 80's... Way before it was law.... PDs, (such as my own), instituted what they referred to as a "Cooling Off Period"... usually 10 days. This was when you could get a Pistol Permit in the matter of days. It was at the discretion of the Chief as to whether he wanted to use it. Example.. They knew I already had handguns, so my Sgt telling me I had to wait the 10 days was moot. So I got them without regard.

What they were trying to accomplish was to keep a possibly hot headed individual to go on a reign of terror. Like a husband pissed at his wife, or someone pissed at their boss and launching a killing spree. They figured after the cooling off period, if you still wanted the permit, they'd issue it in hopes you were not going to do anything unlawful.

I kind of recall, later on in the years, they mandated it, (I could be wrong)...but I believe it was still 10 days. This is probably where he got the 7 days from. Can someone, (the older crowd here), confirm or recall these happenings back then?

Just watched the video..... so anyone have any doubts if Christie is Anti gun?

The 7 day waiting period..... news to me?

Either this was his way to put one in.... or he has no clue what the laws actually are.