dman2112

RTSP - Customer Service Concerns

I have only been to RTSP about 8 - 10 times for the range and one firearm purchase. I love the place and the service. Once ammo prices normalize I plan on joining. I think they do a great job on Facebook too.

If I could put one item on the wish list it would be for members to jump to the front of the line for range time, but I understand the business decision not to do this.

Keep up the great job!

Joe

no change in membership fees, just more space and a nicer shooting and shopping experience.

Will you guys be hiring new staff? Wink wink I'm interested

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Staffing will have to increase, as with any business your employees "are" what make the business flow. We will be looking for people that are willing to work and learn. We try to focus on great customer service. This is not the old ray's gun shop where a newbie is thought of as a nuisance. We want everyone to feel comfortable and relaxed.

Please send any resumes to my email below.

I personally believe that the internet and the anonymity it offers has contributed to growing cadre of faceless complainers. If I have an issue with a business of any sort, I seek out whoever is in charge and lodge a complaint.....politely,succinctly and as discreetly as I can as I've been on the other side of that conversation many a time and appreciate the opportunity to make it right or at the very least..... listen.Sometimes all a person wants is someone to listen when they feel slighted.

Now if the valid complaint, and let's not kid ourselves here...we all know if the complaint is valid or if we're just being Dicks.is met with disdain or disbelief then you have every right to shout it from the roof tops.

To not offer a business the opportunity to first make it right before anonymously skewering them on some forum is just not good form IMHO.

Duppie,

As usual you hit the nail right on the head in a sane logical manner. You are able to do this because you have been on both sides of the fence. People that have not been in business or have managed a business just don't seem to understand what you know.Running a business is tough because you have to depend on your employees to do what you want them to do. It doesn't always happen, no matter how well you train them, and it takes time to weed the non responsive out. If most of these complainers managed a retail store for a week or two they would be more understanding to the intricacies of running a business and would want complaints to come to them before being published on line.

Scig

Well I've bought my first gun at RTSP, think the sales guy was Jan or Jon? Anywho.. He was very professional and I didn't get any of the attitude mentioned in this thread. Had a good experience. I have visited several other shops in north jersey and have gotten the "why are you bothering me" attitude.. As if they aren't in the business of selling guns. Those shops lost a sale. My next purchase however was done on gunbroker since nobody seems to have a Ruger 22/45 in stock.

Well I've bought my first gun at RTSP, think the sales guy was Jan or Jon? Anywho.. He was very professional and I didn't get any of the attitude mentioned in this thread. Had a good experience. I have visited several other shops in north jersey and have gotten the "why are you bothering me" attitude.. As if they aren't in the business of selling guns. Those shops lost a sale. My next purchase however was done on gunbroker since nobody seems to have a Ruger 22/45 in stock.

RTSP has really improved in terms of getting to everyone it seems.  When I visited the shop a few weeks ago, chatted with Brad, and was told point blank that service was top priority.  

Guest ductaper

Saw this thread and wanted to comment; I have nothing but good things to say about RTSP!  They were equally nice to me both before and after a purchase.  The younger guy behind the counter was patient and informative as I was selecting a pistol.  He was a pleasure to deal with and now I seek him out when I go back. 

Any time I've gone to shoot I was impressed that the wait time wasn't longer.  The range is top notch (I don't think anyone disagrees there) and the RO is friendly.

My bottom line: They are the best in the area and I enjoy giving them my business.  Keep up the good work fellas.

Greg