Sign in to follow this  
TJ 4 the Boxers

Went to Cabela's today

My cousins and I haven't been to Cabela's since the beginning of Dec. Had to see first hand how the shelves looked.

Here's the break down.

There is a 5 box limit on pistol and rifle ammo, any combo. There was also a limit on .22lr but there wasn't a round to be found so I didn't pay no mind to the details.

As of this afternoon there was plenty of

.223 PMC $10/ 20 ct box

.45 acp PMC (IIRC) $24/ 50 ct box

7.62x54r Herter's Steel case $13/ 20 ct box

30-06 various makes and prices

What they didn't have in stock was

9mm

.45LC (hoping to find some for me)

Though I was talking to one employee and he told me that at the time of opening they had all of these in stock. By noon time it was gone. However, he did tell me that if I were to call before coming up, I could request a hold on ammo, if they had it in stock, till I could get up there later that day. If not, it would save me the 4 hour round trip drive. Really like that this was offered.

Shotgun there was some various Target and Turkey loads in bulk and various smaller packs. Sorry didn't get more specs on them. There were also some 12 ga 00Buck in various makes, Remington and Royal Buck I recall. Prices were all over, $6 for Remington 5 pack, $33 for Remington 15 pack (didn't look at specs) and the Royal Buck was $19 for 25 ct box. My cousin bought these. Shells are a clear plastic with a disk in place of the crimped end. You can see how the 9 pellets are placed in the shell, which is pretty cool.

For those that are into reloading.......plain and simple. There wasn't Chite for supplies at ALL.

As for firearms, again NOTHING worth noting IMHO.

They did have a Sig 556 for $2700, if anyone is interested.

What I was looking for in the way of a revolver, just to hold in my hand to get an idea of how it would feel, was in the case. But since it's not ideal to buy a pistol from there, I didn't really look in detail.

Hope this helps for anyone thinking about going out that way.

Cabelas has been hot and cold. I was there beginning of March and they had nothing for reloading and all the popular calibers ammo was none to be found. I went again a few weeks later and they had a decent selection of powder and small & large pistol primers.

I really can't wait for stuff to get back to normal so I can stock up properly :-)

Had similar findings in cabelas in CT. NO pistol ammo whatsoever. One box of shotshell primers and no powder.

I actually scored .223 on my last trip at $7.99 a box of 20. Cash registers were discounting them a buck each when you bought 5 boxes. Not sure if it was a old rebate incentive still active or a glitch. Was able to grab another 5 with my co-worker.