BossyMossy

Your First 9

Guys,

Thanks so much for all the responses. And...*Drumroll*...the winner is:

Sig P229.. I picked her up and could not put her down. She just feels so nice.

Now, what type of ammo do you guys like shooting for target? I know the choices are very very limited. For example, take a look below and let me know what you would choose out of what is ACTUALLY AVAILABLE:

http://www.cheaperth....aspx?catid=736

I got the SIG P229R withthe E2 grip and SRT as my first gun also. Pretty nice and haven't had a single failure yet. *knock on wood*.... My wife got the M&P9c and this past weekend we were shooting old WOLF ammo and the M&P9c had a few of FTF, but the P229R just kept on ticking.

I'm picking up a second this weekend, hopefully the NICS clears, CZ SP-01 Tactical. I've only held in hand but it felt heavy and solid. Got it off GB, paid a premium for it, but whatever. I was able to pickup extra 3 mags and have them shipped to Paul for NJ Compliance.

Oh yeah....to answer your question.

I've put through Federal, Winchester, AE, Lawman, WOLF, WPA, Remington, Independence, Herter's and Sellier. They are all FMJ 115gr, and I haven't had one hiccup yet.

Hopefully the CZ will perform just as well.

The CZs have a well deserved reputation for cycling just about anything. I have over 1 k rounds through mine without so much as a hiccup.It will be fine.

What did you pick and why? I'm going to be purchasing my first 9 mm tomorrow and would like to know what decisions others have made, and why. I'm currently torn between the Glock 19, Sig p226 or p229, or the Beretta 92fs.

I've tried them all and found the Glock 19 to be the best of the bunch for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Walther P99

Awesome grips and fits perfectly in my hand. The trigger is incredible and the reset is short and sweet. I have a Browning Buckmark waiting for me at my LGS. Can start NICS on May 8. I expect some enjoyment from that one too.

First 9mm I have shot was a 92fs.

First that I bought was a CZ85b.

Then added a few high powers, smith Wesson 1911 pro series, HK p7 psp, and I think that is it.....

I did have an HK p30l that I do regret selling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Walther P99

Awesome grips and fits perfectly in my hand. The trigger is incredible and the reset is short and sweet. I have a Browning Buckmark waiting for me at my LGS. Can start NICS on May 8. I expect some enjoyment from that one too.

shot the buckmark this weekend.. thats a nice shooting 22.. dont like the look myself, but it did shoot well

I tried many different 9's before I bought my first one... In the end it was between the Beretta 92A1 and the M&P-9 full size... I picked the Beretta 92A1 for my first, because it's just plain sexy... and then a few months later picked up the M&P-9 anyway, because I just love it too.

My first 9mm purchase.

I did all of my research online via google, forums, youtube, and other sites. Narrowed my choices down to a few. Made my way down to the range/gun store and rented the few 9mm (glock, beretta, sig p226) pistols I was interested in. I concluded the glock 17 was the one for me, until I was offered to try the m&p. One magazine was all it took to convince me. The smoothness of the action and the feel in my hand had me sold. My first 9mm handgun purchase was the m&p 9mm f/s. Nowadays it's equipped with the apex duty trigger, streamlight tlr-1, hogue m&p finger groove grips, and is housed in a raven concealment holster. Though I know any of the firearms mentioned would've made an excellent 1st, they also make excellent 2nd, 3rd, and 4ths!

My first was a Beretta 92a1. Got it from Paul at A&A. Very happy with it. Shoots everything and resides in my nightstand safe and I trust my family's life to it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just a quick update... I absolutely love my new pistol (Sig p229). This thing is awesome. As far as I can tell, it is dead accurate, and i haven't had a single problem after going through my first hundred or so rounds.

I highly suggest anybody considering a Sig Sauer, particularly the Sig P229, to go ahead and make the purchase. Bite the bullet (no pun intended), and pull the trigger on the sale (no pun intended) and buy one, because thing is a blast! (No pun intended)

=)