Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

I just renewed. It took three weeks from mail out to getting my new permit. Not sure how long new applications are taking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Newtown, I recieved my permit in 100-120 days, can't recall. But it was simple to get.

Fix NJ and you can get a PA LTC.

Too bad even if you did have a NJ resident permit, the state of Pennsylvania doesn't have a reciprocity agreement with us. Even the 1,500 estimated NJ Resident permit holders cant carry in PA. I guess you could then apply for the PA non resident permit though.

Too bad even if you did have a NJ resident permit, the state of Pennsylvania doesn't have a reciprocity agreement with us. Even the 1,500 estimated NJ Resident permit holders cant carry in PA. I guess you could then apply for the PA non resident permit though.

That's correct. A LTCF is shall issue and easy to obtain once you have a home state permit.

Just stay out of philly

while I will be in western PA, do note that I can OC in Philly as well...

6108.2 which refers back to 6106(b) and specifically section (15) of the latter provides the exemption that allows it.

6108.2 which refers back to 6106(b) and specifically section (15) of the latter provides the exemption that allows it.

I don't read it that way.

6106(b)(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:    

(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.    

(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.

you cant oc or cc in Philly unless you have a residents license now, i dont know what exemption youre talking about   

you cant oc or cc in Philly unless you have a residents license now, i dont know what exemption youre talking about   

Pretty sure you don't need a resident license. You need a valid permit/license to carry that is recognized by PA. 

Pretty sure you don't need a resident license. You need a valid permit/license to carry that is recognized by PA. 

i meant a resident license from another state, basically you cant oc or cc in philly with a non res utah license, isnt this correct? or any other non res license with the sole exemption of TX for now

i meant a resident license from another state, basically you cant oc or cc in philly with a non res utah license, isnt this correct? or any other non res license with the sole exemption of TX for now

NH is also valid but NH requires a permit from your home state.

TX is impractical because you have to do the training and fingerprinting there (and since livescan requires an appointment you are looking at at least 2 trips), plus their system for non-residents makes it difficult to apply since it ties in with the Texas DMV. 

TX is impractical because you have to do the training and fingerprinting there (and since livescan requires an appointment you are looking at at least 2 trips), plus their system for non-residents makes it difficult to apply since it ties in with the Texas DMV. 

Yet, many will consider it worth the effort to try. And as soon as enough of them do, Kane will move to crush Texas just like she did Utah.  The current reciprocal agreement in effect between TX and PA was signed by Kane's predecessor, a couple of years ago.

from what i heard from a tx instructor it only takes one day, about 8 hours, they do everything there and after the class all you have to do is mail the permit out and theyll ship the license anywhere, even out of country, unless he had a reason to lie to me though i dont believe he did

also last i heard you were getting your tx license since youll be in tx, why go through all the trouble yourself when youre telling people not to ?

also last i heard you were getting your tx license since youll be in tx, why go through all the trouble yourself when youre telling people not to ?

I am not saying not to. Do it if you want.

But what I am telling you guys is from my own investigation. It's turning out to be a bigger pain in the ass than I figured it would be. The process is clearly tailored towards residents. 

Of the other permits I have, this is the most challenging to get (besides NJ of course.)