Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

Actually if you're not a resident of PA you can carry in UT on a PA LTC.

But I can't get a PA LTC since I don't have one from my "primary domicile" state...  :(  And I don't need one to carry in UT since I have a UT CCW as a non-resident anyway. :)

But I can't get a PA LTC since I don't have one from my "primary domicile" state...  :(  And I don't need one to carry in UT since I have a UT CCW as a non-resident anyway. :)

I suggest getting as many people to write Kane and our legislatures that you will no longer be spending your hard earned cash in PA because you don't feel safe being denied a right to carry as a law abiding citizen. She really is "something"...WITCH!

I suggest getting as many people to write Kane and our legislatures that you will no longer be spending your hard earned cash in PA because you don't feel safe being denied a right to carry as a law abiding citizen. She really is "something"...WITCH!

If you've been following any of the scandals around Kane lately, it's obvious that she's not interested in what's best for PA.  I'm sure she won't care what we think.

But I can't get a PA LTC since I don't have one from my "primary domicile" state... :( And I don't need one to carry in UT since I have a UT CCW as a non-resident anyway. :)

I know. I'm just pointing out the finer points of the new agreement.

while I will be in western PA, do note that I can OC in Philly as well...

6108.2 which refers back to 6106(b) and specifically section (15) of the latter provides the exemption that allows it.

You cannot possess a firearm in public Philly, and in this case "firearm" does not mean handgun/etc., it means everything including RIFLES, unless you have PA LTCF or a license from another state that PA recognizes for YOU.

Unless:

1. You meet an exception (I am not familiar with Philly exceptions, they are too and from range etc. I think), or

2. ONLY while you are in a vehicle and you have a LTCF or carry permit from any other state (this would apply ONLY to handguns/SBR/etc. and not rifles which would still be illegal)

Only for residents of Utah.

I'm increasingly thinking this is about NJ and NY and not PA. I speculated it before when she got rid of Utah.

At first I thought she just didn't want to rely on case law regarding PA resident carry, or she just wants to ban as much carry as she can (which is probably true), but the pattern of the way she has been changing these agreements has not been about canceling agreements to screw PA residents, or to limit carry by PA residents to LTCF, the pattern at this point is to disallow carry under non-resident permits for non-PA residents.

I'm increasingly thinking this is about NJ and NY and not PA. I speculated it before when she got rid of Utah.

At first I thought she just didn't want to rely on case law regarding PA resident carry, or she just wants to ban as much carry as she can (which is probably true), but the pattern of the way she has been changing these agreements has not been about canceling agreements to screw PA residents, or to limit carry by PA residents to LTCF, the pattern at this point is to disallow carry under non-resident permits for non-PA residents.

Possible. Bloomberg put her there so it's probably aimed at NYC. But it's dumb because I know a lot of NYC residents who have Florida driver licenses (and Florida plates) for insurance (fraud) purposes.

I'm still wondering exactly what her motive is. She has the mckown lawsuit so it's not like PA residents can even carry on non res LTC anyway.

It's probably both NY & NJ that she's concerned about, since they're border states, and lots of people would flood into her state (from outside) and start carrying.,, people that aren't part of her constituency and wouldn't be eligible to vote for her anyway. So she's at little risk by screwing them anyway. It's probably to her advantage that it's difficult for residents of these states to get their own CCWs. Hence, the agreements are being altered in a way that blocks them from carrying in PA. I don't think the other border states are at issue since I don't think their residents aren't honored in PA  (OH, WV & MD).

It's probably both NY & NJ that she's concerned about, since they're border states, and lots of people would flood into her state (from outside) and start carrying.,, people that aren't part of her constituency and wouldn't be eligible to vote for her anyway. So she's at little risk by screwing them anyway. It's probably to her advantage that it's difficult for residents of these states to get their own CCWs. Hence, the agreements are being altered in a way that blocks them from carrying in PA. I don't think the other border states are at issue since I don't think their residents aren't honored in PA  (OH, WV & MD).

I think she is doing it for NJ and NY politics. Not because she doesn't want you carrying here, but because your states don't want you carrying here. She has gone out of her way to take specific actions that do not affect PA residents.

I think she is doing it for NJ and NY politics. Not because she doesn't want you carrying here, but because your states don't want you carrying here. She has gone out of her way to take specific actions that do not affect PA residents.

Because PA residents can get her kicked out of office,  She has to play nice with them.

Why would our states not want us to carry in PA, specifically, since we can carry in other states as non-residents? 

It's probably both NY & NJ that she's concerned about, since they're border states, and lots of people would flood into her state (from outside) and start carrying.,, people that aren't part of her constituency and wouldn't be eligible to vote for her anyway. So she's at little risk by screwing them anyway. It's probably to her advantage that it's difficult for residents of these states to get their own CCWs. Hence, the agreements are being altered in a way that blocks them from carrying in PA. I don't think the other border states are at issue since I don't think their residents aren't honored in PA (OH, WV & MD).

Maryland is almost as bad as NJ (restrictive may-issue) and not honored in PA.

Maryland is almost as bad as NJ (restrictive may-issue) and not honored in PA.

In some ways, MD is worse than NJ, since they have MCAC and actively use it.   And it's close to Wash DC, the worst of them all. :mad:

Even more concerning for me, as my newly graduated niece will enter UMD College Pk in the fall... :(  

In some ways, MD is worse than NJ, since they have MCAC and actively use it.   And it's close to Wash DC, the worst of them all. :mad:

Even more concerning for me, as my newly graduated niece will enter UMD College Pk in the fall... :(  

In terms of CCW, if you have a business with cash flow you can probably get one. 

I think they want to condition us not to want to carry.

This is an interesting point.  We can no longer argue "I can just cross the river and carry..."  

It's like taking the cookie jar off the counter and putting it on the top shelf out of sight.

New bill introduced yesterday:

Basically seeks to recognize all out of state permits. 

Here's hoping that they have the juice to pass it. 

Please contact all of your pro 2A Pennsylvanian friends and ask them to tell their legislators to support this bill. 

It would make sense since they already recognize every states permit while in a car. Hopefully this passes and ill visit pa more. Been going to delaware lately.

So if I'm going to PA overnight and have a UTAH non-resident I can currently carry in my car and lock everything in my car overnight in PA and be 100% GTG? 

So if I'm going to PA overnight and have a UTAH non-resident I can currently carry in my car and lock everything in my car overnight in PA and be 100% GTG? 

You can take your gun out and keep it in your hotel room too. 

For the record, you can do that (keep a gun in your hotel room) in most states, including California. 

Yup good to go. All state permits are good for car carry. So you can get into pa arm yourself drive around. Get out and open carry then get back in your car.

11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

Edit: not sure if this applies to Philly while driving. We know you can't open or conceal carry in Philly without a recognized permit and now Utah is not. Hopefully this new law is passed and no more worries in pa.

What about paragraph (ii) below?  Even if the bill passes can't the PA AG simply say the laws are not similar?

provided:

(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for
individuals licensed to carry firearms under section
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the
firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws
of this Commonwealth.]

I just graduated from UMD College Park. PM me if you have any questions. We do have a pretty active rifle and pistol club on campus that goes shooting pretty much every weekend.

What about paragraph (ii) below?  Even if the bill passes can't the PA AG simply say the laws are not similar?

provided:

(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for
individuals licensed to carry firearms under section
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the
firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws
of this Commonwealth.]

Look carefully. That part is in [brackets] which appears to be designating the parts that are to be "stricken" from the current statute. The underlined words are the replacement language.

I just graduated from UMD College Park. PM me if you have any questions. We do have a pretty active rifle and pistol club on campus that goes shooting pretty much every weekend.

PM Sent. Thanks!