If passed, the law will look like this:

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not 
apply to:

(11) Any nonresident who possesses a valid and 
lawfully issued license to carry a concealed 
firearm for any purpose which has been issued under the laws 
of the United States or any other state, regardless of the 
state of residence.

Here is a copy of what PA Rep. Saccone who introduced the new legislation sent to the other PA Reps. As you can see he wants law abiding tourist to be able to defend themselves while in PA. It would not hurt for us from out of PA to also contact the PA Reps. and let them know you will not be spending any money in PA do to what AG Kane has done. 

Posted: June 20, 2014 04:15 PM

To: All House members
Subject: Pennsylvania Concealed Carry Legislation

I will be introducing legislation to further the safety and welfare of Pennsylvania citizens, as well as visitors to this state by clarifying and improving legitimate, lawful self-defense options. This legislation will provide for universal recognition of concealed carry permits among States.

Current Pennsylvania law is conflicting, in some regards, limiting. My legislation will address these areas and will also lead to a more straightforward and more easily interpreted understanding of the laws by citizens when carrying firearms and by law enforcement when interacting with citizens who carry a permit within their own State.

By improving the opportunities for the law abiding citizens to carry self-defense tools into Pennsylvania, we will be seen as a leader in promoting public welfare, not to mention the increased tourism due to a higher safety factor of a state that promotes self-defense options for law-abiding citizens.

Here is the PA Reps. contact list:

Brad Roae [email protected] R (717) 7872353

Fred Keller F [email protected] R (717) 7873443

Garth Everett [email protected] R (717) 7875270

Jim Cox [email protected] R (717) 7722435

Jim Marshall [email protected] R (717) 2606432

Martin Causer [email protected] R (717) 7875075

Mike Reese [email protected] R (717) 7839311

Ron Miller [email protected] R (717) 7838389

Ryan Aument [email protected] R (717) 7057161

Seth Grove [email protected] R (717) 7832655

Carl Metzgar [email protected] R (717) 7838756

Dan Moul [email protected] R (717) 7835217

David Maloney [email protected] R (717) 260-6161

David Millard [email protected] R (717) 7831102

Harry Readshaw [email protected] D (717) 7830411

Jaret Gibbons [email protected] D (717) 7052060

Jerry Stern [email protected] R (717) 7879020

Jim Christiana [email protected] R (717) 2606144

Lee James [email protected] R (717) 7838188

Mark Gillen [email protected] R (717) 7878550

Sue Helm [email protected] R (717) 7871230

Will Tallman [email protected] R (717) 7838875

Bill Kortz [email protected] D (717) 7878175

David Hickernell [email protected] R (717) 7832076

Donna Oberlander [email protected] R (717) 7729908

Frank Farry [email protected] R (717)2606140

Gerald Mullery [email protected] D (717) 7834893

Jeffrey Pyle [email protected] R (717) 7835327

Joe Emrick [email protected] R (717) 2606159

John Lawrence [email protected] R (717) 2606117

Matthew Baker [email protected] R (717) 7725371

Michele Brooks [email protected] R (717) 7835008

Paul Clymer [email protected] R (717) 7833154

T. Mark Mustio [email protected] R (717) 7876651

Eli Evankovich [email protected] R (717) 2606129

Gordon Denlinger [email protected] R (717) 7873531

Jerry Knowles [email protected] R (717) 7879029

John McGinnis [email protected] R (717) 7876419

John Maher [email protected] R (717) 7831522

Joseph Petrarca [email protected] D (717) 7875142

Kathy Rapp [email protected] R (717) 7871367

Keith Greiner [email protected] R (717) 7836422

Mike Fleck [email protected] R (717) 7873335

Pam Snyder [email protected] D (717) 7833797

Tina Pickett [email protected] R (717) 7838238

Curtis Sonney [email protected] R (717) 7839087

John Payne [email protected] R (717) 7872684

Julie Harhart [email protected] D (717) 7725398

Katharine Watson [email protected] R (717) 7875452

Kerry Benninghoff [email protected] R (717) 7831918

Mark Longietti [email protected] D (717) 7724035

Mauree Gingrich [email protected] R (717) 7831815

Robert Godshall [email protected] R (717) 7836428

Ryan Bizzarro [email protected] D (717) 7722297

Stephen Barrar [email protected] R (717) 7833038

Gary Day [email protected] R (717) 7873017

Lynda Culver [email protected] R (717) 7873485

Mario Scavello [email protected] R (717) 7877732

Michael Peifer [email protected] R (717) 7832037

Nick Kotik [email protected] D (717) 7833780

Ted Harhai [email protected] D (717) 7722820

Ronald Marsico [email protected] R (717) 7832014

Brandon Neuman [email protected] D (717) 7834834

Brian Ellis [email protected] R (717) 7877686

Bryan Barbin [email protected] D (717) 7831491

Bryan Cutler [email protected] R (717) 7836424

Deberah Kula [email protected] D (717) 7721858

Dom Costa D [email protected] D (717) 7839114

Glen Grell [email protected] R (717) 7832063

Jesse White [email protected] D (717) 7836437

Marcy Toepel [email protected] R (717) 7879501

Mark Keller M [email protected] R (717) 7831593

Mike Regan [email protected] R (717) 7838783

Tarah Toohil [email protected] R (717) 2606136

Tim Krieger [email protected] R (717) 2606146

Todd Rock [email protected] R (717) 7835218

Todd Stephens [email protected] R (717) 260-6163

Samuel Smith S [email protected] R (717) 7873845

Michael Turzai [email protected] R (717) 7729943

Frank Dermody [email protected] D (717) 7873566

Stanley Saylor [email protected] R (717) 7836426

Sandra Major [email protected] R (717) 7832910

Joseph Markosek [email protected] D (717) 7831540

Richard Stevenson [email protected] R (717) 7836438

Neal Goodman [email protected] D (717) 7872798

Dave Reed [email protected] R (717) 7057173

Frank Burns [email protected] D (717) 7728056

Greg Lucas [email protected] R (717) 7729940

Don't address PA representatives with negative vibes.  Tell them you enjoy vacationing and spending time in their state and would be more inclined to do so if you could feel safe while there and  CCW helps to give you that feeling.  The AG's actions were causing you to rethink you and your family's safety and due to their quick action on this bill would weigh very heavy on your decision to return to PA. 

Nobody likes to be threatened especially elected officals  Make them believe their actions are causing you to spend more time and money in PA.  Find the representatives that are pro-2A and have prime vacation spots in their districts.   The word will spread fast enough at the Harrisburg Statehouse.

As Ryan has stated, be nice. Ryan, the only reason I mentioned calling and stating that you will no longer spend your tourist dollars, is because as you know money talks/ BS walks... :)

I would let the reps know that you are thankful for this bill and would feel safer being allowed to carry in PA. Be nice!

Don't address PA representatives with negative vibes.  Tell them you enjoy vacationing and spending time in their state and would be more inclined to do so if you could feel safe while there and  CCW helps to give you that feeling.  The AG's actions were causing you to rethink you and your family's safety and do to their quick action on this bill would weigh very heavy on your decision to return to PA. 

Nobody likes to be threatened especially elected officals  Make them believe there actions are causing you to spend more time and money in PA.  Find the representatives that are pro-2A and have prime vacation spots in their districts.   The word will spread fast enough at the Harrisburg Statehouse.

+1

Don't address PA representatives with negative vibes.  Tell them you enjoy vacationing and spending time in their state and would be more inclined to do so if you could feel safe while there and  CCW helps to give you that feeling.  The AG's actions were causing you to rethink you and your family's safety and due to their quick action on this bill would weigh very heavy on your decision to return to PA. 

Nobody likes to be threatened especially elected officals  Make them believe their actions are causing you to spend more time and money in PA.  Find the representatives that are pro-2A and have prime vacation spots in their districts.   The word will spread fast enough at the Harrisburg Statehouse.

Exactly. There is a time for negative vibes, vitriol and anger but this is not it. This is a request to support a bill that could benefit us. If you make them feel that they are doing a good thing and getting positive reaction, they will be more inclined to support it. 

What about paragraph (ii) below?  Even if the bill passes can't the PA AG simply say the laws are not similar?

provided:

(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for
individuals licensed to carry firearms under section
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the
firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws
of this Commonwealth.]

The red part is how statutory reciprocity is currently determined. If this bill passes, this will be stricken from the law and the preceding clause that recognizes all permits will be valid. 

Time to send out some nice emails. I already went on vacation 1 time to delaware since she killed Utah and have another vacation booked with my parents and kids end of July in Delaware. If I have the option to go to a state for a quick vacation im going to pick the state that will allow me to protect my family.

Also bear in mind that it might look bad if we apply PRESSURE... So tread gently. They likely have the juice to do this all on their own, without our help. 

A short note saying it's a good bill, please adopt it, it will make me feel safe and may Pennsylvania safer - good.

A long winded note saying, "Y U INFRINGE?" will likely get them to back down.

Here's an iPhone friendly list that you can copy/paste

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly.  Is this whole thing a unilateral action by the AG, or is she acting under executive orders? 

I mean did she just wake up one day and decide to start screwing CCW holders, or is there a lot more to it?  If it's the former, could our AG theoretically wake up one morning and decide that self defense constitutes justifiable need?

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly.  Is this whole thing a unilateral action by the AG, or is she acting under executive orders? 

I mean did she just wake up one day and decide to start screwing CCW holders, or is there a lot more to it?  If it's the former, could our AG theoretically wake up one morning and decide that self defense constitutes justifiable need?

The theory is that her campaign was financed by Bloomberg to gain the office so that she could then do what she's been doing (at his behest) via whatever powers she has.  Apparently, she has a much different interpretation of the "full faith and credit" clause of the constitution. :icon_rolleyes:

I hope that HB-2398 passes and is signed into law, so to thwart her efforts. 

My understanding is  YES.  And the fact that a Republican Gov/AG did NOT do it is depressing at best.

wtf?!!? did they really just directly screw us by only allowing Utah residents and killing non-res? 

"Issued by the state of Utah to residents of the state of Utah"

so this continues to suck

Many states only recognize RESIDENT carry licenses, or will issue non-resident licenses only if you hold one from your home state. That's the policy in both Penn., as I understand it, and NH (subject of an ongoing lawsuit).

Many states only recognize RESIDENT carry licenses, or will issue non-resident licenses only if you hold one from your home state. That's the policy in both Penn., as I understand it, and NH (subject of an ongoing lawsuit).

South Carolina as well, and many other states.

South Carolina as well, and many other states.

The idea is if you're not qualified to obtain a permit in your home state, why should they allow you to carry in their state? It's not an unreasonable position if all states were equally lenient in permitting policy. Should a violent felon get a permit? A former major-league drug dealer who's probably violated every gun law on the books? Drug offender? 

You might live in NJ, or in a NY county that does not issue. That many jurisdictions around Pennsylvania do not regularly issue permits gives gun-unfriendly officials, like the lady in Penn. an excuse to be spiteful. 

None of this becomes an issue if we had reasonable carry licensing laws.

Kane is acting entirely on her own, or at least she seems to be. She might be getting off the record direction from gun control groups. Bloomberg got her elected. This was a campaign promise, to close the "Florida loophole." However, Kane couldn't just arbitrarily drop recognition from what I understand. She had to determine if there was a change in the law that would trigger review of the recognition. 

As for our AG, absolutely. Our AG can accept "self defense" as justifiable need. The whole definition of justifiable need is what Nappen refers to as "judge made law" which basically means that it is whole cloth from case law, specifically Siccardi and Sills. These cases formed justifiable need based on the policies of police chiefs. Justifiable need? NJSP and the AG made it all up. It's the same deal in California except that the sheriffs get to decide what is "good cause" and not the AG. 

Yes, I found that to be somewhat surprising, as SC has fairly liberal gun laws, and most of the states around them recognize Florida's CCW permit, but they do not.

That could change if they have enough reason. Nikki Haley is strongly pro gun. We should all ask her if she would be open to getting that policy changed. 

As for our AG, absolutely. Our AG can accept "self defense" as justifiable need. The whole definition of justifiable need is what Nappen refers to as "judge made law" which basically means that it is whole cloth from case law, specifically Siccardi and Sills. These cases formed justifiable need based on the policies of police chiefs. Justifiable need? NJSP and the AG made it all up. It's the same deal in California except that the sheriffs get to decide what is "good cause" and not the AG.

How. A judge has to approve it. Judges don't report to the attorney general.