Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

I'm thinking about applying for NH.  It's cheaper than taking the GFH course for Utah @ $200, and I don't have to get prints or a picture. 

I only need it to to carry in PA...I already have FL. 

Something weird I'm seeing on sites like usacarry and handgunlaw.us - they are saying that PA accepts MS resident permits only. The AG agreement reflects that. But it's moot since MS doesn't issue nonres permits anyway.

Would be cool to get a MS permit though. They have a really cool looking permit with a picture of a handgun on it too. 

I've been researching getting a non-resident ccw and from the looks of it, excluding PA, Arizona is the best choice be far:

$60 fee, any basic training class suffices (like the free hunter's ed class anyone with a hunting license has taken), prints can be done by anyone, doesn't have to be LEO and covers just about as many states as Florida or Utah.

Any reason why everyone usually talks about/offers classes for FL/UT?

PS, I know Arizona doesn't cover PA anyone, but once you have that, you can get N.H. which does (for now). Though PA is not really a concern for me.

Unlike NH, PA is recognized by statute so bloomberg's AG can't modify it. NH can suffer the same fate as FL, VA, AZ.

Also, Utah is only $15 to renew. I can see them raising that in the future though.

With FL and UT you have most of the USA covered.

PA is a concern for me because I live a few miles from there and I go there a lot.

I have FL and I'm getting UT and CT. CT only because I go there sometimes on business. CT is an expensive permit. $70 plus $51 plus $15 PLUS NRA Basic with live fire. Nothing less will do.

Even if I get NJ at some point in the future (SCOTUS brings us a miracle?) I will still keep my nonres permits.

As was said earlier, non-res PA CCW's can be issued to IL residents based on their "FID" card? Correct?

Although I have no experience with it, IL subjects need no permit whatsoever to get a PA LTCF, because their state does not issue carry licenses.

Well, my old NJ "FID" card says "carry" on it .

Wondering if it is useable for the PA-non res CCW appl.

Jersey law provides for handgun carry licenses. You are one of the few people here that does not have one, because you are not a cop. An FID will not work. You need an NJ handgun carry permit.

What qualifies as the "training" requirement for Utah? Would a signed statement from a legit firearms training instructor suffice? It seems that you could save a few hundred $$$ by doing it yourself.

No, must be a Utah certified instructor/course. 

Can anyone suggest a location in northern NJ where one can obtain this training, or the entire package?

GAPP is  based in north-central jersey, and teaches the course in Easton (among other places) from time to time.

http://www.gappnj.com/

Looks like they want to impeach Kane now, but over same sex marriage. She's not making a lot of friends, apparently. 

http://www.politicspa.com/dems-rally-to-kane-as-metcalfe-threatens-impeachment/52216/

Maybe the gun owners can push some support to get her out. 

the issue with someone like her is this... she may be a superstar in urban areas... but in the rest of the state she is the devil.... so push things too far and there is backlash.... 

I wish the NJ gun owners could get a friendly AG.  Chiesa looked promising for a while, a self stated conservative.  Not sure about Hoffman now, or who Christie will eventually get approved next. 

Please no more Dows, or any prosecutors from Essex County.  This county is the cesspool of corruption and anti-gun lawyers. 

I hope so too but I will say this - do your best to get your liberty minded friends to VOTE in November. If we flip enough seats in the legislature we can probably get a lot of what we want. That said, I'm not holding out hope, but there's something to be said for the "christie wave."