Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

Chiesa was on NJTV shortly after he became AG and was praising NJ "tough" gun laws. He may not have been actively looking to eff us like Dow, but a gun nut's friend he was not.

Don't be fooled.  Christie isn't our friend either.  If he didn't have national aspirations he would've signed more if not all of the anti-2A bills that crossed his desk.  The next time NJ has a democrat or a republican with no national political aspirations we can say hello to 10 round mag limits etc.

Don't be fooled.  Christie isn't our friend either.  If he didn't have national aspirations he would've signed more if not all of the anti-2A bills that crossed his desk.  The next time NJ has a democrat or a republican with no national political aspirations we can say hello to 10 round mag limits etc.

And I'll say hello to the rest of the free states, by moving.  My taxes will go to a state that supports my beliefs. 

Don't be fooled. Christie isn't our friend either. If he didn't have national aspirations he would've signed more if not all of the anti-2A bills that crossed his desk. The next time NJ has a democrat or a republican with no national political aspirations we can say hello to 10 round mag limits etc.

I don't really care about the reason, but if by chance we get to improve our lot or slow down gun control because he has national aspirations then I will take that.

Looks like PA courts say that PA residents require a PA LTCF to carry and can't carry on out of state permits. Doesn't really affect us but interesting nonetheless.http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/10/23/new-ruling-in-pennsylvania-on-reciprocity-and-second-amendment/

That has been the mindset all along.... They want people that live in PA to apply in PA.... And places like Philly will continue to abuse the process by delaying and denying...

The reason they want people to apply in PA is so they can control it....

That has been the mindset all along.... They want people that live in PA to apply in PA.... And places like Philly will continue to abuse the process by delaying and denying...

The reason they want people to apply in PA is so they can control it....

I'm glad that the courts finally put some clarity in it because I am thinking it would discourage Kane from modifying more reciprocity agreements. I really don't see the big deal if you're a Pennsylvanian, unless you live in Philadelphia, in which case this needs to be addressed with the Philly PD and the city Government.

I'm glad that the courts finally put some clarity in it because I am thinking it would discourage Kane from modifying more reciprocity agreements. I really don't see the big deal if you're a Pennsylvanian, unless you live in Philadelphia, in which case this needs to be addressed with the Philly PD and the city Government.

I agree.. I have no problem with people from other areas carrying here on out of state licenses... in fact I wish WE would just license people like FL does allowing for non resident permits.. 

I can understand PA's reasoning on this.

Why not get the license and pay the fees here in PA? If you don't qualify here, why should you qualify by taking the mail order route?

That's also the thinking behind NH not issuing to individuals who do not have a permit to carry in their home state. 

http://articles.philly.com/2013-02-09/news/37009392_1_concealed-carry-florida-loophole-reciprocity

This was when she first renegotiated the Florida agreement.

"The Philadelphia Police Department evaluates the "character and reputation" of anyone seeking a concealed-carry permit (CCP). Some residents who have never been convicted of a crime have been denied a CCP under Philadelphia's process."

Sure sounds like may issue to me. 

Also, check out Philly's law, in direct violation of state law by the way, which means basically if you don't have a home state permit the city of Philadelphia has a law that says you're not legal:

http://legislation.phila.gov/attachments/11105.pdf

I've carried in Philly and I will carry in Philly but it's with the knowledge that if I have to use my firearm I may spend some time in jail and have to pay a good lawyer. 

Here is the PA state law which invalidates it:

§ 6120. Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.
(a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may
in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession,
transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition
components when carried or transported for purposes not
prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-02-09/news/37009392_1_concealed-carry-florida-loophole-reciprocity

This was when she first renegotiated the Florida agreement.

"The Philadelphia Police Department evaluates the "character and reputation" of anyone seeking a concealed-carry permit (CCP). Some residents who have never been convicted of a crime have been denied a CCP under Philadelphia's process."

Sure sounds like may issue to me. 

Also, check out Philly's law, in direct violation of state law by the way, which means basically if you don't have a home state permit the city of Philadelphia has a law that says you're not legal:

http://legislation.phila.gov/attachments/11105.pdf

I've carried in Philly and I will carry in Philly but it's with the knowledge that if I have to use my firearm I may spend some time in jail and have to pay a good lawyer. 

Here is the PA state law which invalidates it:

§ 6120. Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.

(a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may

in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession,

transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition

components when carried or transported for purposes not

prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

I maybe wrong but I thought the City of Philadelphia got their pee pee smacked on this one.

I maybe wrong but I thought the City of Philadelphia got their pee pee smacked on this one.

I'm not sure, but that's their mindset anyway. They also ban guns in city parks contrary to state law (screw 'em, I carry there anyway). Of course Federal parks are fine for CCW (thanks President Bush!) except federal buildings like the liberty bell monument and independence hall. 

Is there any way for the legislature to undo this, either by enshrining the reciprocity in law or by changing the non-resident CCW law to allow for non-residents who don't have CCWs in their own state?

They can. But since we don't live in PA and many PA gun owners don't seem to think there's a problem dropping non resident reciprocity I don't see the legislature picking this up.

Here is the current list from the PA Attorney Generals Site. This really sucks. I spend a lot of time in PA and now can't carry concealed. Since I'll never get a permit in NJ I am not able to get a PA non resident. I was planning on moving to PA in 8 years but the way things are going there lately I wonder how worse it will get.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184