Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

Waited a year? If this is true, this is the first and only permit she canceled.

I mean she cancelled reciprocity. She cancelled reciprocity with a bunch of other states last year. I don't know why she waited on Utah unless it was to get legal advice on her ability to unilaterally do so, since the agreement with Utah is supposedly statutory.

I mean she cancelled reciprocity. She cancelled reciprocity with a bunch of other states last year. I don't know why she waited on Utah unless it was to get legal advice on her ability to unilaterally do so, since the agreement with Utah is supposedly statutory.

I doubt it. She dropped Idaho last year too. 

Which ones?

She also dropped Idaho last year. 

Really? I did not know that. What is the list? Idaho? To clarify - I'm not talking about states she modified to be resident only.

I believe it is her intention to drop recognizing the non-resident permit of any other state.  I'm sure others to follow.  It has been a calculated and well executed plan by her with little recouse for anyone not a state resident. 

maybe nothing has changed and UTAH CCWs are still usable by non-resident of Pennsylvania.  Pa residents cannot use the UTAH license in Pa due to the recent ruling in Commonwealth v. McKown

remember it always seemed kane was trying to keep PA residents from carrying with an out of state permit, anyways with the ruling in McKown PA residents can no longer carry with an out of state permit, maybe it was the McKown ruling that gave her power to change it, maybe and hopefully though nothing changes with non PA residents and we can continue carrying 

ianal 

She dropped recognition of ID and now UT. 

I responded before I saw that, thanks.

I believe it is her intention to drop recognizing the non-resident permit of any other state.  I'm sure others to follow.  It has been a calculated and well executed plan by her with little recouse for anyone not a state resident. 

That's over. The McKown ruling concluded that PA residents can ONLY carry on a PA LTCF.

And Utah was never an issue for PA resident carry anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. I think one needs to be a TX resident to be a TX CHL instructor. 

Get a list of Texas instructors and start contacting them. I am sure you can get one to travel to N Jersey and S Jersey twice a year if you get 20 people for the class.

Is Texas the last bastion of hope? Kane only dropped non-res with a handful of states. "Texas" seems like a very short list and their licensing and carry restrictions are strict.

so it appears that all reciprocity is canceled even for non PA and non Utah residents with a Utah ccw 

But this page on the Utah site shows PA reciprocity:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/Reciprocitypdf07102013.pdf

And this as well:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

well this is from Utahs main site

The following states DO NOT recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit.  (Click on the name of the state for further information):

well hopefully Anjrpc will help to get the texas class here, though im not that hopeful

So now it will be a couple hundred more for another ccw that will just be cancelled. It's cheaper just to leave NJ so you can get a real resident ccw and not worry about this anymore.

does it matter.  it's obvious this isn't about PA residents carrying with out of state permits anymore.  its just any non residents carrying in PA.  

you're correct imo, it wont take Kane long to change TX and after that no one in NJ is going to carry in Philly or concealed, it seems to me though that she is mostly doing this for Philly as this mostly only affects non residents wanting to carry in Philly, outside of philly you can still oc without a license, though you may be harassed and your gun may be taken when the serial number doesnt show up in the sales database and you cant prove ownership which has happened a few times in PA 

More for FYI 

I cant find a specific statemnet on this change, however using the wayback machine i can see that both Utah and PA have altered their sites sometime between feb 1st of this year and now.. and both currently list Utah has not being recognized by PA.. SO i would assume this is legit..
Current sites:

Old sites: