Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

idk there is quite a few places in NY that give carry permits, wouldnt it be more beneficial to him to change that first than to attack PA 

Not quite. NY is not "shall-issue." NY is "may-issue." The process for getting a carry permit in NY, is that you get a target and hunting permit first and then after a year you can apply to the judge to have the restrictions removed. It's not a law, just a practice. Some counties will turn you down but many will not. The ones that turn you down are around the NYC area - Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and I believe Dutchess. Also, your permits were valid for life. Not anymore. The SAFE act truncated them to 5 years validity and a new judge may be able to turn you down. 

I have a cousin who lives in Cold Spring, NY and belongs to the same Mason's Lodge as the judge who issues/approves permits...unrestricted carry? No problem...ya just gotta know the right people.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I have a cousin who lives in Cold Spring, NY and belongs to the same Mason's Lodge as the judge who issues/approves permits...unrestricted carry? No problem...ya just gotta know the right people.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Same deal in CA as well, and this is pre-Peruta. 

Why won't NJ get right to carry?

(1) Because SCOTUS is the only branch of government that can force a state to follow the constitution when the other branches have not done so and now SCOTUS had decided not to uphold the constitution either.

(2) Because I know dozens upon dozens of gun owners here in rural South Jersey.  There may be 1 million gun owners but I guarantee that less than 10% even know that a 10 round magazine ban is in the works and only 1/3 of them care even a little.

(2) Less than 1% of gun owners in NJ have any idea that the rest off the country is shall issue.

(3) Less than 1/2 of 1% off gun owners know that non-resident permits let you carry in other states.

(3) Less than 1/10 of 1% of gun owners know that PA just stopped recognizing UT permits.

In short, gun owners in NJ do not care if we ever get carry in NJ.

Why won't NJ get right to carry?

(1) Because SCOTUS is the only branch of government that can force a state to follow the constitution when the other branches have not done so and now SCOTUS had decided not to uphold the constitution either.

SCOTUS challenges are not done yet. There are still the cases in California, and Evan Nappen's Pantano case. 

Just read the thread on Pafoa.. wow, unbelievable.. it really is a cancer.

Almost better that Bloomberg stays healthy.  When he croaks I can imagine his last will and testament will fund these c*nts for the next century.

Should be interesting having all MD/NJ people switch from CC to OC en masse.

Chance that UT licenses will be made acceptable again before my NH license expires?    I don't like my odds.

Has anyone heard the rumor that the Florida permit is back in?

My understanding is that a new agreement was drafted (if not implemented) in re: Florida, but that it does *not* honor FL "non-resident" permits. :mad: Which would be in sync with the PA AG's most recent actions. There is also talk of drafting another agreement with Utah, but again, "non-resident" permits will not be honored. 

I think I see a pattern here.    :facepalm:

First I've heard of it, and it would be highly unlikely unless Kane was impeached.

PA/FL Reciprocity agreement, effective 02/2013 -

Straight from Kane's Website- Signed by her on 02/04/2013 -  Notice that it's valid *only* for Florida "residents." Also notice that UT is no longer on that website.

I believe this is their intent for UT and all the other states. To force the requirement that out of state permits will be honored *only* for residents of that particular state. 

But that's old news. Florida was never dropped for FL residents. It was only dropped for nonresidents.

You mean, "Pennsylvania" was never dropped for FL residents, right?  :)

The question I was answering seemed to imply that there was no agreement at all for PA/FL, resident or non-resident. I was only trying to say that if, at some point, PA & FL was ever without an agreement for anyone, it now has one, but it's for FL residents only.

I meant Florida reciprocity in PA.

There was a longstanding agreement between FL and PA. Kane modified it. Some are saying she did it illegally.

I agree she did that. IANAL, so I can't say if it was legal or not. I only know that it affects me directly, and (in essence), invalidated the $51.00 I just spent for a Utah CCW. Still, I'll keep it. It's also clear that she's doing all she can to minimize the number of people that can carry in PA. I guess the out of staters with non-res. permits are the "low hanging fruit." Unless she is recalled or impeached (God help us if she serves her full term :rolleyes: ), I think the other remaining states (Tx., New Hampshire (for some) ) will meet the same fate as FL. and UT.... PA will not honor permits from people that aren't residents of the given reciprocal state. Which means, NJ residents are, effectively, screwed as far as PA goes. :facepalm:

According to GFH Radio today, Anthony said there are lawyers working on an attempt to possibly overturn the bill. Apparently the AG circumvented the law, to stop reciprocity with Utah. But we shouldn't hold our breath. Instead what we should do is call shopping centers, malls, and outlet stores over the border, tell them that you will no longer be traveling to PA to patronize their business because their AG has just made it illegal for you to carry their anymore. Making anyone from out of state a prime target for criminals.

Joshua Prince is willing to sue but needs willing plaintiffs and funding. Obviously he won't work for free, and from all indications he's pretty good. This is what Anthony may be talking about.

I think he said he is going to have you on his show? Or is that another Ryan he was talking about?

I emailed the ag's office the other day saying i would no longer spend money in their state and would encourage as many people as possible to follow suit. This was their response

Thank you for writing to us.  The review of our agreement with Utah was triggered by a change in Utah law that this office was informed of.  You may contact the PA Game Commission to discuss hunting in PA as this provision only applies to concealed carry permits.  You may want to discuss this issue with your NJ legislature or Utah lawmakers as this office does not have that jurisdiction.

I emailed the ag's office the other day saying i would no longer spend money in their state and would encourage as many people as possible to follow suit. This was their response

Thank you for writing to us. The review of our agreement with Utah was triggered by a change in Utah law that this office was informed of. You may contact the PA Game Commission to discuss hunting in PA as this provision only applies to concealed carry permits. You may want to discuss this issue with your NJ legislature or Utah lawmakers as this office does not have that jurisdiction.

Yeah they don't care at the AG office, your not casting a ballot in the state. To them your opinion is moot. Thats why you need to contact large shopping centers over the border, tell them your going to Delaware instead. Let them put pressure on the AG office for us. They have some clout at least.

I agree that emailing and contacting the AG is not going to do anything. She is a political kamikaze and she will probably only serve one term. Apart from the gun permit thing she also has a corruption scandal surrounding her where she simply looked the other way. The only saving grace she may have is from gay rights proponents where she said she wouldn't enforce PA's ban on gay marriage. 

Also, mayor Nutter (Philadelphia) has her ear. Bloomberg funded her last campaign as well. 

Keep in mind you can also get Sportsman's Permits. For concealing while fishing and stuff. It's delivered on the spot, cheap, and lasts 5 years. I know most will stay away from PA, OC, or try to get one of the remaining permits but I wanted you to be aware of all options.

Thank you for writing to us. The review of our agreement with Utah was triggered by a change in Utah law that this office was informed of.

what utah law changed

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk