EX Carnival man

One person dead at a Lakewood Range

Its a shame that's where some ranges make a lot of money gouging on rentals and ammo.

Could you please elaborate on how ranges "gouge" on rentals of guns and the sale of ammo?

Not unheard of... Just not as common as recently. People have been eating it at ranges for years. Unlike any other news, now you hear it more.

People doing anything bad with guns these days will always hit the medias.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Could you please elaborate on how ranges "gouge" on rentals of guns and the sale of ammo?

I rented at SS once and only once. My daughter wanted to try a .22. The price on their Ammo and rentals when I rented were very high. I went to buy a G22 mag. The price was $48.95. per mag. I call that gouging I bought online for a still high $29.00 and no sales tax. I will never buy another thing at SS. The attitude and the prices turn me off. They are not doing me a favor by selling to me. Especially at those prices.

Tin Foil Hat On:

Our govt. is paying people to commit suicide and other crimes with guns to further their agenda.

Tin Foil Hat Off! ;)

To further their cause?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I rented at SS once and only once. My daughter wanted to try a .22. The price on their Ammo and rentals when I rented were very high. I went to buy a G22 mag. The price was $48.95. per mag. I call that gouging I bought online for a still high $29.00 and no sales tax. I will never buy another thing at SS. The attitude and the prices turn me off. They are not doing me a favor by selling to me. Especially at those prices.

Yes, renting a firearm and buying ammo in public ranges are expensive,that's how they subsidize their range and pay the specialized insurance required when .....let's say some nut decides to off himself with a rental gun.

Firearm rentals cannot be considered a necessity or ammo a vital staple that can be "Gouged" so call them expensive,call them overpriced,call them profiteers but they are not Gouging you.

Firearm rentals cannot be considered a necessity or ammo a vital staple that can be "Gouged" so call them expensive,call them overpriced,call them profiteers but they are not Gouging you.

"Price gouging occurs when a business charges more for goods or services than the regular selling price." -usa.gov

It is only UNLAWFUL price gouging during a state of emergency to sell, lease, offer to sell, or offer for lease commodities, dwelling units, or self-storage facilities for an amount that grossly exceeds the average price for the commodity the 30 days before the declaration of a state of emergency, unless the seller can justify the increases in prices. Examples of necessary commodities are food, ice, gas, oil, and lumber."

So yes.. they are in fact price gougers.. just not illegally so...

Yes, renting a firearm and buying ammo in public ranges are expensive,that's how they subsidize their range and pay the specialized insurance required when .....let's say some nut decides to off himself with a rental gun.

So where does there membership, and walk on's fit into the range? I know some ranges that Don't rent guns. $48 for a mag? COME ON. Maybe there insurance would be much less if they didn't rent guns.

"Price gouging occurs when a business charges more for goods or services than the regular selling price." -usa.gov

It is only UNLAWFUL price gouging during a state of emergency to sell, lease, offer to sell, or offer for lease commodities, dwelling units, or self-storage facilities for an amount that grossly exceeds the average price for the commodity the 30 days before the declaration of a state of emergency, unless the seller can justify the increases in prices. Examples of necessary commodities are food, ice, gas, oil, and lumber."

So yes.. they are in fact price gougers.. just not illegally so...

I beg to differ, before it became so recently prevalent a description for what in essence is actually profiteering, gouging was considered to be applicable to vital commodities solely.

So where does there membership, and walk on's fit into the range? I know some ranges that Don't rent guns. $48 for a mag? COME ON. Maybe there insurance would be much less if they didn't rent guns.

OK...which indoor public range with attached retail operation does not rent firearms? and what are their yearly membership rates?

I beg to differ, before it became so recently prevalent a description for what in essence is actually profiteering, gouging was considered to be applicable to vital commodities solely.

In the dictionary:

Verb: to extort from, swindle, or overcharge.

So while price gouging is a common term in reference to the unlawful act of overcharging vital commodities in a state of emergency, the definition still holds true and can be used as such in this application. Because that word has been linked to the aforementioned act, poor gouging got a bad rap and will not be used nearly as much as it should because it is being wrongly misrepresented. :(