EX Carnival man

One person dead at a Lakewood Range

In the dictionary:

Verb: to extort from, swindle, or overcharge.

So while price gouging is a common term in reference to the unlawful act of overcharging vital commodities in a state of emergency, the definition still holds true and can be used as such in this application. Because that word has been linked to the aforementioned act, poor gouging got a bad rap and will not be used nearly as much as it should because it is being wrongly misrepresented. :(

Touche......

Shore Shot also has mags at $29 and $32 for Glocks. The price will depend on the particular manufacturer. The ammo there is high because they are paying top dollar to have ammo for people to shoot. Try and buy ammo on line and see what you have to pay.

Scig

Shore Shot also has mags at $29 and $32 for Glocks. The price will depend on the particular manufacturer. The ammo there is high because they are paying top dollar to have ammo for people to shoot. Try and buy ammo on line and see what you have to pay.

Scig

Glad to see you still drop by from time to time Phil.

Scig

I rented at SS once and only once. My daughter wanted to try a .22. The price on their Ammo and rentals when I rented were very high. I went to buy a G22 mag. The price was $48.95. per mag. I call that gouging I bought online for a still high $29.00 and no sales tax. I will never buy another thing at SS. The attitude and the prices turn me off. They are not doing me a favor by selling to me. Especially at those prices.

So where does there membership, and walk on's fit into the range? I know some ranges that Don't rent guns. $48 for a mag? COME ON. Maybe there insurance would be much less if they didn't rent guns.

:facepalm: Seriously? So $15 to rent a pistol is high? Their ammo is priced accordingly considering the current market conditions and no one is forcing you to buy it. If you can find it cheaper have fun. The $20 walk-on fee has been the same since the day they opened their doors in 1993. Shore Shot memberships have dropped more than $100 since the '90s, they used to be $350 a year and are now $225 a year and if you purchase a firearm from them they will even in most cases sell you a membership at the LEO rate of $185. Shore Shot stocks various magazines and accessories on the shelf which costs money. They do not purchase them to have their money tied up for six months to a year so they can sell them to you for what they paid for them. Billy is good people, I have known him and his mother for about 20 years, I support them because I'd rather have a range to go to when I want to shoot than save a buck here and there. I'd bet you would be the first whiney tool to complain if they went out of business too.

Duppie,

I'm around every week but I do not post unless it is important.

Scig

I'll see you hopefully soon....as soon as I can afford to replace any ammo I go through at the range that is.

:facepalm: Seriously? So $15 to rent a pistol is high? Their ammo is priced accordingly considering the current market conditions and no one is forcing you to buy it. If you can find it cheaper have fun. The $20 walk-on fee has been the same since the day they opened their doors in 1993. Shore Shot memberships have dropped more than $100 since the '90s, they used to be $350 a year and are now $225 a year and if you purchase a firearm from them they will even in most cases sell you a membership at the LEO rate of $185. Shore Shot stocks various magazines and accessories on the shelf which costs money. They do not purchase them to have their money tied up for six months to a year so they can sell them to you for what they paid for them. Billy is good people, I have known him and his mother for about 20 years, I support them because I'd rather have a range to go to when I want to shoot than save a buck here and there. I'd bet you would be the first whiney tool to complain if they went out of business too.

No I don't buy from them anymore.

Many ranges no longer rent to a single shooter.

I believe this is a country wide trend. A few years ago I was doing some work at Yuma Proving Grounds that had me in town over the weekend. I figired I'd try out a few rentals at the local range.

They would not rent to you unless you were part of a group or brought at least one gun of your own.

Was going to go to Shore Shot, ended going to BA, guys there were talking about it. I'm a member at SS, don't really like going, guys there are pretty rude and give me the hairy eyeball, one or two of the guys are nice, the rest make it seem like your bothering them. I was there at 5:30 sunday door was locked people inside shooting (i'm assuming employees) and they close at 6? I guess membership doesn't have its privliedges. Sad becasue I became a member at the begining of the month, I'm now a member of BA too. Really glad I chose to go to BA at 6:30 today

Was going to go to Shore Shot, ended going to BA, guys there were talking about it. I'm a member at SS, don't really like going, guys there are pretty rude and give me the hairy eyeball, one or two of the guys are nice, the rest make it seem like your bothering them. I was there at 5:30 sunday door was locked people inside shooting (i'm assuming employees) and they close at 6? I guess membership doesn't have its privliedges. Sad becasue I became a member at the begining of the month, I'm now a member of BA too. Really glad I chose to go to BA at 6:30 today

LOL, so let me get this straight, you know they close at 6PM and you supposedly show up at the door at 5:30 to start shooting? I'm gonna call BS! I was there at the end of the day Sunday, they were really busy all day and still had most of the lanes full at 5:45 when Dan locked the door because for the last several weeks inconsiderate people have shown up at the last minute to purchase or pick-up guns and the guys wind up getting stuck there for one reason or another until 7:00 or latter. I don't know about you but I’d rather be home with my family on a Sunday night than be stuck at work for an extra hour that I'm not getting paid for to help someone incapable of understanding 8AM-6PM business hours means the employees actually get to go home at 6:00. I would love to know who you are talking about, I have dealt with Billy, Kyle, Andy, Dan, Jeff, Tiny, Troy, Mike and Kenny and they have all always gone above and beyond to be helpful. Hell I have seen their range masters actually take time with new shooters to teach them for free. Most places want to sell you into a class. On the other hand I have never had a pleasant experience at brick armory, even as far back as when they were on Chambers Bridge Road. Phil was the nicest of the bunch and I always felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman even with him.

Next bill to be introduced would require mental health checks on people that want range time.

That is an interesting concept, and maybe not as crazy as you are suggesting. Think about it for a moment. We as gun owners all have FID cards and have gone through a background check. When we go to the range there are many people there that might be as crazy as the night is dark. They go in, sign a few papers and show some ID. They are then handed a weapon and a bunch of ammo. Who knows what they might do once they have that in their hands. Odds are most of them are perfectly normal people, but some may have just left the loony bin. If I were a criminal and needed a quick gun what better way would there to be but to go to a rental counter at a range with some fake ID and get a gun and ammo and make a run (actually a slow walk so as not to be noticed) out the door. The laws are indeed strange. If I rent a gun at the range I don't need an FID to buy ammo, yet if I bring my own gun and want to buy ammo at the range I MUST show my FID - gotta love our laws.

LOL, so let me get this straight, you know they close at 6PM and you supposedly show up at the door at 5:30 to start shooting? I'm gonna call BS! I was there at the end of the day Sunday, they were really busy all day and still had most of the lanes full at 5:45 when Dan locked the door because for the last several weeks inconsiderate people have shown up at the last minute to purchase or pick-up guns and the guys wind up getting stuck there for one reason or another until 7:00 or latter. I don't know about you but I’d rather be home with my family on a Sunday night than be stuck at work for an extra hour that I'm not getting paid for to help someone incapable of understanding 8AM-6PM business hours means the employees actually get to go home at 6:00. I would love to know who you are talking about, I have dealt with Billy, Kyle, Andy, Dan, Jeff, Tiny, Troy, Mike and Kenny and they have all always gone above and beyond to be helpful. Hell I have seen their range masters actually take time with new shooters to teach them for free. Most places want to sell you into a class. On the other hand I have never had a pleasant experience at brick armory, even as far back as when they were on Chambers Bridge Road. Phil was the nicest of the bunch and I always felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman even with him.

Thats retail...it comes with the territory. If the hours are stated till 6, I would expect any business to have their doors open till then, especially in retail. Let the customer in, ask what can they be helped with, and decide what route to take from there. If someone wants some ammo, thats a quick sale, do it. If its 15min before closing and its something that is going to be a longer process, explain that to the customer, tell them you appreciate their business, but ask them if they could back. Most retail businesses are always there past the hours posted due to cashing out of the register(s), etc etc...Grumpy customer service can hurt any business...don't have to be there with pom poms waving in the air, but at lease make the customer feel like they're appreciated.

This is what? The third incident that happened there that I've heard of? It's hard to imagine this place staying in business if it keeps on happening. I guess its time for me to start going to Easton.

You mean Easton? Where someone killed themselves a few weeks ago?

Rent guns and you're not immune from something like this happening.

You mean Easton? Where someone killed themselves a few weeks ago?

Rent guns and you're not immune from something like this happening.

Wasnt aware of that, oh well I guess I am stuck either way. I don't rent they just happen to be the closest places I'm aware of that don't require a membership.

This happens at public ranges. I don't see what the uproar or shock is all about. Classic pistol will not rent to anybody that is by themselves or that armed. Point being, if your ccw'ing, your not gonna rent a gun to off yourself

That is an interesting concept, and maybe not as crazy as you are suggesting. Think about it for a moment. We as gun owners all have FID cards and have gone through a background check. When we go to the range there are many people there that might be as crazy as the night is dark. They go in, sign a few papers and show some ID. They are then handed a weapon and a bunch of ammo. Who knows what they might do once they have that in their hands. Odds are most of them are perfectly normal people, but some may have just left the loony bin. If I were a criminal and needed a quick gun what better way would there to be but to go to a rental counter at a range with some fake ID and get a gun and ammo and make a run (actually a slow walk so as not to be noticed) out the door. The laws are indeed strange. If I rent a gun at the range I don't need an FID to buy ammo, yet if I bring my own gun and want to buy ammo at the range I MUST show my FID - gotta love our laws.

I thought about that concept as well. Some lawmakers may see this as a "loophole" that they need to address with "common sense" legislation for "good of the people".

LOL, so let me get this straight, you know they close at 6PM and you supposedly show up at the door at 5:30 to start shooting? I'm gonna call BS! I was there at the end of the day Sunday, they were really busy all day and still had most of the lanes full at 5:45 when Dan locked the door because for the last several weeks inconsiderate people have shown up at the last minute to purchase or pick-up guns and the guys wind up getting stuck there for one reason or another until 7:00 or latter. I don't know about you but I’d rather be home with my family on a Sunday night than be stuck at work for an extra hour that I'm not getting paid for to help someone incapable of understanding 8AM-6PM business hours means the employees actually get to go home at 6:00. I would love to know who you are talking about, I have dealt with Billy, Kyle, Andy, Dan, Jeff, Tiny, Troy, Mike and Kenny and they have all always gone above and beyond to be helpful. Hell I have seen their range masters actually take time with new shooters to teach them for free. Most places want to sell you into a class. On the other hand I have never had a pleasant experience at brick armory, even as far back as when they were on Chambers Bridge Road. Phil was the nicest of the bunch and I always felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman even with him

You can call bs all you want. Didnt know they closed at 6 on sunday since this was my first time going to shoot since I got my gun and membership. The door was locked so I knock waited there a minute or 2 a. Big bearded guy happened to come out with a bag of trash I asked if they were closed he said yes. It was 5:30 ended goin g to BA. I'm not trying to beat the place up, I know kyle personally, I'm just calling them as I see it. So now I'm a member of both. Maybe as they see my face more at shore shot they'llknow I'm not just random customer, but as far as now thats my opinion of the place

I beg to differ, before it became so recently prevalent a description for what in essence is actually profiteering, gouging was considered to be applicable to vital commodities solely.

Semantics.

I went in there to rent because I wanted to try a few different models. The rental itself wasn't too bad but they demanded I shoot only ammo I purchased from them. Ok, no problem. Wait, WTF, you're charging me $20 for a box of ammo I can buy elsewhere for $10? However, if I buy a membership you will only charge me $15? LOL, where do I sign up? Call it profiteering, gouging, a** raping, general douchbaggery, whatever you want. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Not to sound inconsiderate but I wonder if this will effect their hours? I had planned a date night with the wife that included dinner and shooting.... Hmmm

Pretty inconsiderate if you ask me. Then again the person wanted to die so whatever I guess.

This may not be a popular opinion................... but it was pretty inconsiderate of the individual to involve the range and strangers in his own demise. Not to mention inconsiderate to his loved ones.

So no, I dont think your concern about the hours is too far out of line...........just my $.02...........which is not really even worth that much ;-)

Semantics.

I went in there to rent because I wanted to try a few different models. The rental itself wasn't too bad but they demanded I shoot only ammo I purchased from them. Ok, no problem. Wait, WTF, you're charging me $20 for a box of ammo I can buy elsewhere for $10? However, if I buy a membership you will only charge me $15? LOL, where do I sign up? Call it profiteering, gouging, a** raping, general douchbaggery, whatever you want. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Is this still their policy? I have seen many people walk in and not buy ammo to shoot. Is this for non members only? I was going to shoot there this weekend and bring my on gun and ammo.