EX Carnival man

One person dead at a Lakewood Range

Why?

You didn't hear? The suicide at the bullet hole was a COP!

why would they commit suicide at home when they can do it at the range? can you imagine how horrid memories it would be for anyone who is still living in that house?

...granted, so all the more reason to inquire, why rent a gun if you are already a owner and carrier? That was my reasoning and it holds fast before the news he was a LEO...what would you have thought given the early facts?....Maks...I must ask. what is your problem with me?

...granted, so all the more reason to inquire, why rent a gun if you are already a owner and carrier? That was my reasoning and it holds fast before the news he was a LEO...what would you have thought given the early facts?....Maks...I must ask. what is your problem with me?

I don't have a specific problem, just perhaps your attitude. It seems like any trouble posts or topics that get out of hand, have your comments in them, many of which merely try to get a rise out of people.

In any case...Not including the latest incidents, I am privy to some info that was not reported in the news about the incidents in SS and BA, considering it was so close to each other.

Suicide is not rational. You want people to be rational and use their own gun in their own house.

Fact is, no one knows, and no one will ever know what was going on through the guy's head, if it was pre-meditated or..... he was just driving past the range and decided to kill himself.

Look at the past few years, the suicides we knew off...

1. The kid @ BA.... he drove 3 hours from PA to Brick Armory, rented a gun, sent the range officer off and then killed himself, making sure the bullet would go towards backstop.

Rational? Why did he drive 3 hours from PA to NJ when he could of gone to a number of ranges that were ALOT closer.

2. The cop @ bullet hole. He was a cop, could of done it at home, right?

3. The state trooper that killed himself in the car. Originally tried to sell it as accident. Once again, rational do it at home right?

With suicides, there is NOTHING rational about it.

What was going through his head? I guess a .45 cal slug........................ Sorry, had to say it. If a cop, or any gun owner wants to off themselves, why make a mess in someone else's place, that isn't very thoughtful.

What was going through his head? I guess a .45 cal slug........................ Sorry, had to say it. If a cop, or any gun owner wants to off themselves, why make a mess in someone else's place, that isn't very thoughtful.

Like I said, I don't know about this case, however I am privy to information about the past suicides.

Some are considerate, others are not.

Lets say you were going to kill yourself, would you rather do it in your house and give your family countless horrid nights of seeing you dead on the living room carpet, or say somewhere on the range.

Inconsiderate? Sure.... but not for his family.

A bit more info...

"The man who committed suicide at the shooting range in Lakewood yesterday, was a former NJ Department of Corrections Officer, the Ocean County Prosector’s Office tells TLS.

The man, whose name has not yet been released, was on Workers Compensation since September, 2012.

Prosecutors say the man was on his own when he rented a gun at the range, and took his own life. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 5:02 PM."

http://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2013/04/man-who-killed-self-at-shooting-range-was-former-corrections-officer.html