charleslee

Looking good on the federal front!

Feinstein AWB fail 40 Aye to 60 No.

I like how Feinstein started her 2 minute speech by insulting the room.

That was the sound of a swan singing. Consider the enormity of her failure. Unless she lives to be 110, this was her last chance to shred what's left of the 2A. For a career of anti-gun hatred, she got zero. She's very likely ruined the careers of several friends, who she lured out of their safely moderate positions. And the biggest irony, she's created millions of new gun owners and radicalized millions more. By increasing our base, exposing the depravity of the anti zealots, and demonstrating that even the exploitation of beautiful dead babies and their families can't win gun control, she's made the whole topic radioactive at the federal level for a generation.

Unfortunately, none of this can be said for NJ. As I mentioned before, I predict a spat of revenge bills to come out of this. The good thing is, no matter what happens here, I think the country as a whole is secure.

I hope they continue to use the Newtown families as props because IMO it's backfiring on them. The political theater is so transparent that even people who'd normally support them are seeing how ridiculous the spectacle is and starting to wonder. As someone else said, I hope they keep pushing the issue into the elections so that people remember where they all stood and vote as many of them as possible out.

Yea, yea, yea! I watched the whole thing. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. Whenever I saw schumer, feinstein or any of the other JO's, I screamed at the tv. Obama wanted his straight up-or-down vote. He got it that POS. For those who voted for the measures, election time will be coming and I hope your sorry azzes are kicked to the curb.

Obama and Biden in the the Rose Garden with the Newtown families, addressing the nation. Continues to quote that 90% of Americans support tougher gun laws, specifically background checks. The actual percentage is 4%!!!

The 90% figure was taken from a poll asking if they support background checks, while the 4% number was asking if they think gun control is a top priority. The two aren't mutually exclusive. The 90% was a shoddy poll due to bad demographics and small sample size. I don't know much about the 4% poll as I believe it's fairly recent.

That was the sound of a swan singing. Consider the enormity of her failure. Unless she lives to be 110, this was her last chance to shred what's left of the 2A. For a career of anti-gun hatred, she got zero. She's very likely ruined the careers of several friends, who she lured out of their safely moderate positions. And the biggest irony, she's created millions of new gun owners and radicalized millions more. By increasing our base, exposing the depravity of the anti zealots, and demonstrating that even the exploitation of beautiful dead babies and their families can't win gun control, she's made the whole topic radioactive at the federal level for a generation.

Unfortunately, none of this can be said for NJ. As I mentioned before, I predict a spat of revenge bills to come out of this. The good thing is, no matter what happens here, I think the country as a whole is secure.

She makes my skin crawl. I'm sure she'll brew up some other bs feel good bills before she retires or gets vote out.

It's up to CC to veto all the bs bills on his desk now. If he doesn't, we are no better off in this state now, and it can still get worse for us!

Yup, we need to keep the pressure on NJ pols.

The state battles never end

the fight is never over they will keep coming and coming, we are the weakest when we think we won and are over confident

So all who are able, be in Trenton on 5/11 for the NJ2AS rally. I hope I see you there.

I'll be on the pa side.

Btw the nj2as backed this background check bill. In my eyes that is total bs.

NJ2AS was supporting the bill if all the additional information that SAF was pushing for was to be included. If that would have happened, it would have been a major win for Gun owners. When the language we wanted, was not added. Support was pulled.

I saw no statement of support being pulled

Shawn, Frank is on vacation in Europe with his wife. SAF withdrew support for the bill about 30 minutes before the vote. Something that we missed. Sorry for any confusion.

ry5udapu.jpg

No I meant the nj2as.

I hope they did withdraw support. I don't care what the reason Was or Who else supported it. This bill was no good. Flip flopping isn't a good practice either. Gun owners have to stand strong. Not 1 more inch.

BREAKING: CCRKBAs Withdraws Support from Manchin-Toomey Amendment

At the eleventh hour, as the Senate prepares to vote on the expanded background check proposal drafted by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Pat Toomey (R-PA), the high-profile pro-gun organization that endorsed the amendment, just days ago, has had a change of heart.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, the sister organization of the much heralded and well-respected Second Amendment Foundation, has pulled its support from thecontroversial Manchin-Toomey measure citing a failure of the Senate to consider a key provision for the restoration of firearms rights.

In a press release sent out on Wednesday at about 2 p.m. eastern, an exasperated Alan Gottlieb, the Chairman of CCRKBA, explains the impetus behind the last minute decision to withdraw support.

Link for the rest of the story.....

http://www.guns.com/2013/04/17/breaking-citizens-committee-for-the-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms-withdraws-support-from-manchin-toomey-amendment-video/