BleedingOrange36

Any seeing what's going on outside Waco, TX? Explosion at fertilizer plant.

they were too close, the unknown is what will get you...

That was my first thought...I hope the cameraman is still alive. He was indeed way too close. I'm assuming he is because the video got uploaded.

I pray this was simply an accident.

If not...Boston...the Ricin letters...now this? It doesn't get much more terrifying than the past few days.

That was my first thought...I hope the cameraman is still alive. He was indeed way too close. I'm assuming he is because the video got uploaded.

I pray this was simply an accident.

If not...Boston...the Ricin letters...now this? It doesn't get much more terrifying than the past few days.

Nevermind, false alarm.

I just checked that page...that particular post was removed.

It doesn't seem to be before it happened though. It was after the "pray for you post".

Seems to be more of an environmentalist post after the fact...one that had a valid point. A plant like that has no business being that near a residential area.

They're now calling for an evacuation of the entire town for fear of another explosion.

Before anyone mentions it, on another forum I frequent a video was posted that shows a preliminary flash off to the left immediately prior to the explosion. Conspiracy theorists were claiming a possible missile strike...total BS in my opinion.

The video's here: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=10q9e35&s=6

And here's my explanation...

The more I watch that video, especially in slow motion...I believe what happened is that there was a vessel downwind of the fire. This vessel was being heated from the main fire....the heat caused the vessel to overpressure, releasing a vapor cloud from either a safety valve or a vessel failure...then the vapor cloud encounters the heat from the smoke fire plume, which then ignites. The shockwave from this ignition causes another vessel to catastrophically fail in the fire, causing the main explosion.

Just my take.

"While not official (we consider "official" based upon what is posted by USFA/NFFF) - details from reliable and involved fire service leadership at the scene in West, Texas (20 miles north of Waco) are indicating that, at this time it appears that: 5 West Firefighters, 4 EMS Medics, 1 Off Duty Fire Captain from Dallas (who was in town at the time and was assisting) and 1 unconfirmed (unknown agency at this point) Firefighter have been killed in the Line of Duty. Active search and rescue operations are continuing."

http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/secret.php