NJSlick

Garage Door Replacement

My mother's house needs a new garage door. My brother and I did some googling but there are so many contractors out there, we want to make sure we put the money in good hands. Does anyone here have any recommendations or suggestions for us? My mom's house is in Hazlet. Thanks!

I know you may not want to do it yourself but my dad and I replaced both of our doors, one opener and added and opener to the 2nd door which did not have an opener.

It wasn't that hard to do. We bought clopay steel doors from home depot and chamberlain openers on black friday special. The biggest pain in the ass was adjusting it to roll freely. But once that was done it was easy.

The openers are a bit noisy but quieter than my old craftsman wooden door/opener.

Yes. They are easy provided you get the right size door. Some low-headroom applications can be a nightmare. If I wasn't so busy I would do it for you no problem.

We aren't in a rush so if you want to make some money, let me know when if you want to do it and I'll let my brother know.