Sign in to follow this  
beltfedmx5

H&K P30 worth the money in my opinion

Got myself a P30l and I'm loving it. It feels so good in the hand and even comes with 3 sets of backstraps and side grips to give that extra special feel. I got it brand new with 3 mags for 1k even on gunbroker after I did two firearm price requests on the forum and got a whopping ZERO replies. It's got.a wonderful weight to it, recoil is perfect for a 9mm and it cycled smooth as silk. Many people complain about the trigger on this pistol. It reminds me very much of my Beretta. A longer pull but you can kinda set it by pulling it back and really finding the sweet spot. I just put thr viridian laser/light combo on it because I will be using this for home defense now. I haven't got a chance to shoot it with the laser yet. But I have shot it at 12.5 yards with iron sights and it seems to be very accurate. Now just need to find more 9mm ammo!

i picked mine up a few weeks ago and I too am loving it so far. Mine came with the heinie straight eight sights which took a little while to get used to, but now I am good to go with it. Not sure if it will replace my hd handgun, but it certainly is a great shooter.

<--- I've had mine, pictured left for 4 years now. It's the single gun I've never had any trouble with except the slide not locking back a handful of times. I blame that particular problem on the ammo I was running at the time.

It sits on my night stand and will for the foreseeable future.

Spiderman want his grips back. Just Kidding.

I had an HK45 - which is pretty much the P30 in a .45, i think. I took to a course and put 1500 rounds through it and that's when I realized had to get rid of it. I was so used to riding the safety - me being a 1911 guy - I kept on pressing down too hard and engaging the decocker. I know there is a piece available to make the pistol SAO, but if I want a SAO pistol its tough to beat the 1911. I eventually sold it to my friend and picked up a P220.

002-3.jpg

Spiderman want his grips back. Just Kidding.

I had an HK45 - which is pretty much the P30 in a .45, i think. I took to a course and put 1500 rounds through it and that's when I realized had to get rid of it. I was so used to riding the safety - me being a 1911 guy - I kept on pressing down too hard and engaging the decocker. I know there is a piece available to make the pistol SAO, but if I want a SAO pistol its tough to beat the 1911. I eventually sold it to my friend and picked up a P220.

The big difference with the P30 compared to the HK45 is that the decocker is in the rear near the hammer (separate from the safety, if you got a P30S/P30LS), so you wouldn't have that issue anymore.