Mr.Shoot_It_All

25 yard zero at cherry ridge.

I need to zero a rifle and never since being a member at cherry ridge have had to do so. The question is how do I do a 25 yd Zero up there?

Do you think it is acceptable to take a stand from pistol and set up my target at 25 yds? I don't see it as a safety issue so I don't think a rso would mind if they saw it.

Anyone done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a legitimate safety reason for not allowing one of those stick in the ground target holders at 25 yards? The only one I can think of is, if it's not a standard height, the bullets might either hit the ground and ricochet (if too short) or fly over the bunker (if too long.)

I need to zero a rifle and never since being a member at cherry ridge have had to do so. The question is how do I do a 25 yd Zero up there? Do you think it is acceptable to take a stand from pistol and set up my target at 25 yds? I don't see it as a safety issue so I don't think a rso would mind if they saw it. Anyone done this before? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question I have is why would you want a 25 yard zero? Aren't most riles typically set up for 100 or 200 yard zero's? Last month I had to zero a 5.56 rifle at 50 yards for a practice session and used a 50 yard zero target designed for a 25 yard range to do it at RTSP. The sighting donut was just over an inch above the POI box.

The question I have is why would you want a 25 yard zero? Aren't most riles typically set up for 100 or 200 yard zero's? Last month I had to zero a 5.56 rifle at 50 yards for a practice session and used a 50 yard zero target designed for a 25 yard range to do it at RTSP. The sighting donut was just over an inch above the POI box.

It's my ar. With standard front site and mbus rear with a red dot in the middle so 100 or 200 yard Zeros aren't really applicable.

AR zeros are 25/300 or 50/200 (generally).

Probably easier to pay 30 bucks annual membership plus 30 bucks initiation and make the trip to Easton Fish and Game than get clearance to do this at Cherry Ridge.

For that matter, you could just go over to RTSP, pay the $25, and do your 25 yard zero there.

Rtsp is further away and I just renewed at cherry ridge. The value of that range is awesome but I'd rather not pay 10-25 bucks for range time considering the rising ammo costs etc. ill see what the ridge says worst case scenario ill go to BH

Well, good luck with CR. They seem to be rather rigid with their rules, but perhaps they might cut you some slack on a weekday. Don't forget that BH is only 23 yards. Not sure if that makes any difference.

See you up at CR or TM sometime. I'm at both of those places fairly often.

Awhile back I sent an email to the board asking if I could shoot my pistol caliber carbines on the pistol range. Since a .45 at the 50 yd range is not productive. I was told flat out no. That the board had considered it before and that they refused. That maybe they will finish building the berm for 25 yds for the first 5 positions on the left. But not right now. A Thompson is kinda fun at 50 yds.

So I joined Anthony's range as well.

It's my ar. With standard front site and mbus rear with a red dot in the middle so 100 or 200 yard Zeros aren't really applicable.

I sighted my iron sights first, then threw on the illuminated 4x32 scope and sighted it, then threw a red dot on the side rail and sighted that. All using a Zero Target from the MDTS website. If I read the ballistics chart correctly for 55gr 5.56 PMC X-TAC, the bullet is on its way up from the muzzle and crosses line of sight at 50 yards and then starts dropping and crosses line of sight again at 200 yards.

Probably not allowed so you don't shoot up the grass? I guess? I am 6"9 and got told by the RO to keep my pistol targets high as not to shoot downward at the lawn. Could be that you may be in the line of fire with the mounds near the 50 yard mark. Just a guess. You could shoot to 50 and calculate the elevation at 25 yards with a ballistics chart for your load on the web. Should be very close to the same at both distances.

Probably not allowed so you don't shoot up the grass? I guess? I am 6"9 and got told by the RO to keep my pistol targets high as not to shoot downward at the lawn. Could be that you may be in the line of fire with the mounds near the 50 yard mark. Just a guess. You could shoot to 50 and calculate the elevation at 25 yards with a ballistics chart for your load on the web. Should be very close to the same at both distances.

I'm the beginning I was old the same thing (6'7")

I think I'll make a stake style target a la range 14 and ask the rso before I start let him know what's up etc.

I'm the beginning I was old the same thing (6'7")

I think I'll make a stake style target a la range 14 and ask the rso before I start let him know what's up etc. worst case I BH or deal with 50 yards