Templar

Gunsmith list anyone

I will start...Bob White...accomplished riflesmith and benchrest shooter...Lake Hopatcong, NJ. One of the only few gunsmiths I would trust in the state of NJ and the only one I would trust with one of my bolt action rifles.

Link to his site below. Best to call him and talk over the phone. Not good with email.

http://www.benchrest.com/shooterscorner/

R & R Gunsmiths - 35 W Groveland Ave, Somers Point, NJ

Nice shop with a knowlegible owner, never had them work on any of my firearms but I hear very good things about his work.

I've been using him for FFL transfers as it's right down the road from me and reasonably priced.

OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne. Rick is a one man shop. I had him do some work on my 1911 and love it. Super nice guy with reasonable rates and a cool little selection of guns. 551-221-2276.

C

I want to say Mikes Sporting Goods in Hainesport might do it.

I had it done at Bangers a few months ago.  Will check out Mike's Sporting Goods in Hainseport for future needs.  Pretty close to me.

Not in New Jersey, but close by in Milford, PA is John Blauvelt. He's an excellent pistolsmith. He just fled New York courtesy of the SAFE Act. I've been to his shop a few times when it was up my way. A couple of friends have PPC revolvers built by him and I've shot one and it's the real deal.

http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/

Not in New Jersey, but close by in Milford, PA is John Blauvelt. He's an excellent pistolsmith. He just fled New York courtesy of the SAFE Act. I've been to his shop a few times when it was up my way. A couple of friends have PPC revolvers built by him and I've shot one and it's the real deal.

http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/

I sent him an email this afternoon about a rebluing job on an old Colt pistol.

Hopefully he gets back to me.

I have heard great things about his work.

This is a totally newbie question. Are quadrille forends for an AR 15 supposed to be off-center. The reason I ask is I bought a cheap ultimate arms 16.5 inch quad rail from Amazon. I bought it to dress up my AR a little but I would never be using it hard-core. It came with good reviews all Four & five stars. However when I went to mounted the tabs that would line up in the barrel not force it to be off-center. The barrel nut is tight and the gas tube is centered on the top of the barrel. I get it assembled onto the rifle I am either one notch to the left or right of center. This does not seem right to me. Am I doing something wrong?is there any adjustments that I could make? or is it just going back to Amazon?

Anyone know of a gunsmith that will install the ghost ring sights I purchased for my 870? Im in Hightstown so I am not looking for a 2 hour drive or anything. Thought I would see here first.

Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters in Robbinsville, just down 130 from you if you are still looking. . . .

$50 ish from the decent ones.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Be careful I got reamed from a dealer today for $80. I already had removed the flash hider and installed and timed a JP Comp which was already pre drilled. All the guy had to do was drill into the barrel, drop in the pin and spot weld. At best a 20 minute job.