Cemeterys Gun Blob

Gov Chrisite could announce his gun control package tomorrow

how does that refute what I said?

Actually, I guess it doesn't. +10 for your earlier post. Without reading it closely, I thought you were for "middle of the road" BS.

The video game thing will annoy Hollywood, which should help him in Louisiana.

Obviously the devil is in the details but even the video game stuff isn't that bad. Display ratings and require consent..Most retailers do this already.

As much as I dislike all of this, if banning .50 BMG is "sweeping," the media is really desperate for good news.

He had to throw them a bone, and this was one of the less painful. I'm really worried about the new FID with constant renewals. No way the state's going to invest enough resources to support this.

Notice some of the "sweeping" changes are already required, like showing a photo ID. Here's where media ignorance works in our favor.

One other thing, why is this his plan? I though legislation is initiated in the Assembly and Senate and then comes to his desk to sign. Maybe he's working with Sweeney to share the credit and spread the blame for what's going to come through the senate.

As much as I dislike all of this, if banning .50 BMG is "sweeping," the media is really desperate for good news.

He had to throw them a bone, and this was one of the less painful. I'm really worried about the new FID with constant renewals. No way the state's going to invest enough resources to support this.

Notice some of the "sweeping" changes are already required, like showing a photo ID. Here's where media ignorance works in our favor.

One other thing, why is this his plan? I though legislation is initiated in the Assembly and Senate and then comes to his desk to sign. Maybe he's working with Sweeney to share the credit and spread the blame for what's going to come through the senate.

I didn't see anything in the articles above about a NEW FPID, just that a photo IId would be required at time I'd purchase.. Like it is now. I know there is the bill through assembly that changes the FID but I didn't see it in the quotes above.

I didn't see anything in the articles above about a NEW FPID, just that a photo IId would be required at time I'd purchase.. Like it is now. I know there is the bill through assembly that changes the FID but I didn't see it in the quotes above.

You're right. But I'm afraid that he's being sloppy with his terminology and the "government issued photo ID" is the new FID.

In any case, let's hammer the Senate on the FID issue. I'm focusing on logistics, not ideology.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong...

But given the current state of disarray that our current Nics system is in... Does anyone think that a new requirement to run a mental heath check at the time of an instant check will infinitely backup the system?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong...

But given the current state of disarray that our current Nics system is in... Does anyone think that a new requirement to run a mental heath check at the time of an instant check will infinitely backup the system?

Think he is referring to something that is already in the works i.e. making the mental health records electronic rather than index cards. I would hope that would speed up the process esspecially pistol permits.

Think he is referring to something that is already in the works i.e. making the mental health records electronic rather than index cards. I would hope that would speed up the process esspecially pistol permits.

Really? I thought they go from quill and parchment to 1860's style typewriters.....

I just don't understand the focus on the Barrett. Who in the hell would carry a legally owned Barrett to a crime? That's so hard to believe that anyone even thought about it. Although he mentioned the Barrett in the video games. Maybe that's where the idea came from. :facepalm: Somebody mentioned that he might be 'throwing a bone' and I think that could be it. I'm not getting too excited about what he said because all he did was give us an idea of what he is willing to sign. It still has to go through the legislature and we've seen how they can come up with some pretty outlandish stuff. We need to keep the pressure on. Convince them that the current FID with DL photo works just fine and the state doesn't have to spend money on a new system. Any ideas we can come up with that would sound good to them and not effect our rights (at least more than they already have) should be shared. Who knows we might be able to shape our own destny, at least to some degree. I'm not trying to be overly optimistic, 'cause I know what we're up against. Just throwing out a suggestion.

I just don't understand the focus on the Barrett. Who in the hell would carry a legally owned Barrett to a crime? That's so hard to believe that anyone even thought about it. Although he mentioned the Barrett in the video games. Maybe that's where the idea came from. :facepalm: Somebody mentioned that he might be 'throwing a bone' and I think that could be it. I'm not getting too excited about what he said because all he did was give us an idea of what he is willing to sign. It still has to go through the legislature and we've seen how they can come up with some pretty outlandish stuff. We need to keep the pressure on. Convince them that the current FID with DL photo works just fine and the state doesn't have to spend money on a new system. Any ideas we can come up with that would sound good to them and not effect our rights (at least more than they already have) should be shared. Who knows we might be able to shape our own destny, at least to some degree. I'm not trying to be overly optimistic, 'cause I know what we're up against. Just throwing out a suggestion.

Could be a ploy....haters have used the .50cal Barrett to push the .50cal ban, but then it was revealed that it would ban EVERYTHING .50 cal and up...so by banning JUST the Barrett, would just burn the haters up.....

I don't care about getting off easy anymore. He signs one gun bill that doesn't fix any problems with the current system and I won't vote for him. I'm out of nj as soon as possibly anyways

Fn right man...in 9.5 years...going south.. NJ is just so far out of whack....taxes, 2A infringement, unreasonable restrictions on just about everything....enough is enough. Damn I'm going to miss the bread though.

Why is everyone so eager to compromise? Why are we happy that "it's not as bad as it could be?". We're thankful that they're only taking a little bit more?

We need to stop accepting losing and start thinking like we can win. We will never get any of our rights back as long as we're divided and we are divided! A very few think the 2A says that our rights can't be infringed. The majority seem to believe that we should be happy that our rights aren't denied.

Small losses are still losses and they add up. Stop being happy with small losses. We should be united and demand that we start getting some of our rights back instead of being thankful that we're losing them slowly instead of quickly.

Nobody knows how may homes in NJ have guns but it's probably around 2 million. If half of those would stand united, we'd have a different state in a year. If 1 million people wrote a letter demanding the right to carry, if 1 million people called Trenton and demanded the "assault weapons ban" be repealed, if 1 million people showed up in Trenton on a Monday morning and vowed to be back every Monday until the redundant back ground checks were eliminated - it would happen!

Every time 100 people show up, we're screwed!

Why is everyone so eager to compromise? Why are we happy that "it's not as bad as it could be?". We're thankful that they're only taking a little bit more?

We need to stop accepting losing and start thinking like we can win. We will never get any of our rights back as long as we're divided and we are divided! A very few think the 2A says that our rights can't be infringed. The majority seem to believe that we should be happy that our rights aren't denied.

Small losses are still losses and they add up. Stop being happy with small losses. We should be united and demand that we start getting some of our rights back instead of being thankful that we're losing them slowly instead of quickly.

Nobody knows how may homes in NJ have guns but it's probably around 2 million. If half of those would stand united, we'd have a different state in a year. If 1 million people wrote a letter demanding the right to carry, if 1 million people called Trenton and demanded the "assault weapons ban" be repealed, if 1 million people showed up in Trenton on a Monday morning and vowed to be back every Monday until the redundant back ground checks were eliminated - it would happen!

Every time 100 people show up, we're screwed!

Well said.

Nothing new: "When you're in a state where the gun laws are already the second strictest in the country, if you want to try to make people safer, I think going back to gun laws again, although we do on the Barrett rifle and the expanding of the background checks, there's not a whole lot more room to move there," Christie said.

Whew.

He had to throw them a bone, and this was one of the less painful.

This...not that I agree with it, but the .50 ban is a sacrifice to the NJ lib-gods...won't do a damn thing to combat violence, but it will make the anti's happy (for now).