hey downsouth,

you've got to share some of your feeder pictures with all the hogs underneath, also some of your trail cam shots are awesome too. what do you hunt with? what type of rifle? caliber? scope? range?

your brother in nj

post-6649-0-03314000-1367381846_thumb.jpgpost-6649-0-09143800-1367381776_thumb.jpg Deer turkey and hogs !! if you look close you can see that the tail of the hog is missing . old guy next door traps them when the are young and then nuts the males to make them barr hogs and cuts the tail off and slits the ear so he knows he traped it already . Best eating hogs you can get !!

Hog hunting is a little bit different from the normal one's. One thing should be noticed that most of people use to bring a Portable Tent on their Youy. I've asked this thing for some people but they are unable to satisfy me.

Anybody can tell .

Downsouth, that hog activity is crazy.  I can't imagine having that IMBY. 

I have friends that went to SC for hog hunts, and came up dry 10 years ago...  I've heard times have changed and the hogs have spread in area and numbers.  I have considered making a trip down with a trailer to transport the bad boys back up north to my smoker....   mmmmm.  

For now, it's smoked fish and store bought pork shoulders. 

We hunt them all summer long !!!  Can't kill them fast enough. Come deer season we shot them but not so much .

License Information

No hunting license is required for wild hog hunts.

Is this true? no in state resident, nor out of state resident license is required?

Yes for the same reason you can hunt them year round and with any weapon. They are a nuisance pest and the herds need to be thinned out

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I can't wait to move down there!!

My girlfriends family has rights to hunt a 200 acre ish watermelon farm that's loaded with hogs.

I was planning to build an SBR suppressed .300 Blackout and set it up with a gen1 night scope. But I think my AR and Winchester 1300 with rifled barrel will get the job done.

Early July I should be putting some hogs down..

Maybe if I can secure some hunting rights to a large plot of land I could set up a NJGF hunt down south.

I can't wait to move down there!!

My girlfriends family has rights to hunt a 200 acre ish watermelon farm that's loaded with hogs.

I was planning to build an SBR suppressed .300 Blackout and set it up with a gen1 night scope. But I think my AR and Winchester 1300 with rifled barrel will get the job done.

Early July I should be putting some hogs down..

Maybe if I can secure some hunting rights to a large plot of land I could set up a NJGF hunt down south.

I went with a 30-30 and it was plenty of gun fyi.

My dad used my 30-06 w milsurp ammo - you should have seen the exit canyon (hole is too small a term) on one of the shorter range shots.

My one cousin used his 30-06 my other his .308 both had longer range shots without such huge exit holes.

I was thinking about that !!  Who would like to hunt hogs in FL ??

I would love to I used to hunt them in Jupiter FL every year but they sold off the farm I used to hunt. I would so make a rode trip to FL to hunt pigs and do some fishing

I went with a 30-30 and it was plenty of gun fyi.

My dad used my 30-06 w milsurp ammo - you should have seen the exit canyon (hole is too small a term) on one of the shorter range shots.

My one cousin used his 30-06 my other his .308 both had longer range shots without such huge exit holes.

My goal was to save up for a AR-10, but I've decided to rather just build a nice .308 bolt gun.

I really like the Ruger scout rifle, and that is still at the top of my list. I think that would make a perfect hog rifle.

I don't plan to be hunting out past 150yrds.

I'm just ready to get my feet on the ground, I was never big into hunting here.... But now I'm ecstatic about hunting hogs down south.