ronhonda

Anheuser Busch heir resigns life membership from NRA

I don't drink much beer, but when I do it will NOT be anything from Anheuser Busch.

Quote from article by Aldolphus Busch IV in letter he wrote to NRA;

“I am simply unable to comprehend how assault weapons and large capacity magazines have a role in your vision,” he said. “The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established. Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members.”

Link to full article:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/19/anheuser_busch_heir_resigns_life_long_nra_membership/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I am simply unable to comprehend how Anheuser Busch can call their products "beer". Their current strategic focus clearly places priority on making TV commercials while disregarding the needs of people who actually drink beer.

Budweiser is no longer an American beer. The company is owned by a Belgium company called In-Bev. So if you are drinking AB products, you are drinking imported beer. For an executive of an alcoholic beverage manufacturer to criticize any gun or any gun owner is hypocritical. I assume he is blind to the fact that hundreds or thousands of people have drunk his products, gotten into a car, and caused an accident while driving impaired.

I for one will not support AB or any In-Bev product.

Thank goodness his product is never associated with anything bad.

How many alcohol related deaths, injuries and chronic health issues do we have each year yet no one anywhere is looking to ban alcohol. Why? Because it was proven a ban didn't work and actually only made things much, much worse.

Used to homebrew alot, took a break when I bought my house, recently brewed again... have decided it's not worth the time or $$. Too many good beers available commercially, and I don't drink that much anyway.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I do question how he is in a position though to know that all 4 million NRA members would like to see an AW and "large" magazine ban...He is effectively saying leadership within the NRA doesn't understand the wants of its membership but some how he does??

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I do question how he is in a position though to know that all 4 million NRA members would like to see an AW and "large" magazine ban...He is effectively saying leadership within the NRA doesn't understand the wants of its membership but some how he does??

Well said! I agree with this. Ill tell you he is not speaking on behalf of me.

So you don't drink beer either? :-)

Ha! In it's defense, while I agree "American beer" isn't Pilsner Urquell, it IS a legitimate pilsner beer style.

However- this whole "light beer" phenomenon is distinctly American. And of the "lights", Miller Lite tastes the most like the style it is trying to be "inspired by", followed by Bud Light. Coors Light is near water, but that can be delicious after a day of yardwork in the heat. Who wants a Guinness after strenuous physical activity?

MGD... yuck. That reminds me, I need to get some Icehouse (a Miller product)... been a long time....

You want to try something that is NOT beer? Have some Michelob Ultra or Miller64. Might as well be drinking water.

Most of the A-B primary brewed products (not including the better brands that InBev merely own distro rights for) are classified as "Adjunct lagers". Adjunct beers are made by substituting some percentage of the essential (and more expensive) pure barley malts with cheaper and inferior rice/corn alternatives whose only goal is for profit, not taste. The net result of the product is a less pure beer from traditional beer standards and the side effect are "off" flavors and aftertastes that are synonymous with *all* the A-B beers in thier lineup. Essentially these are the lowest of the low on the beer totem pole akin to cheap fast food where fillers are intently used to dilute and spread the product farther while increasing profit margins. Now if you like the taste of A-B beers, thats fine, so long as you know you are willfully drinking a product intent to deceive you and drain your pockets. Of course A-B, along with even the craft brewers, are a business out to make money, its just the difference is that the quality craft/micro brewers intend on giving you the absolute most quality product possible for your money whereas A-B wants to give you the absolute least they legally can.

who cares....Am I supposed to give a flyin' F6^%$^ what some spoiled rich kid who rode his grandparents and parents coat tails to a fortune thinks and says. That guy is more out of touch and elitist then O, Joe, Nancy, Harry and Diane put together into some giant IAMBEYTERTHENYOU Zombie

Is there a place to send him a friendly little email? His beer is s**t, and his understanding of our Constitutional rights is lacking. That's what comes of being a person who grew up as a rich kid with money from the drug of the masses. In fact HIS product has probably caused more misery in this country than all the guns have, ever.

No concept of reality, and besides....he sold his "American Institution" to the Belgians. If he doesn't like our Constitution, he can go live in Belgium where the bank guards carry automatics. He's just one more irrelevant hump with an opinion.