Fullblown9

NICS going online? 15min good to go.

There are different SP handling these. I thought it would just be Trenton.

One way or another, lets say he SP are taking 1 month on average. Then where is the 2nd bottleneck? Are some of the local depts bs-ing? I know how my dept is. If the lady handling the paperwork in violations gets cranky, she may just not be bothered. I'm sure we all heard we'll call ya. I know that is bs because I've called and was told it was ready for 2 weeks. One blames the chief the other blames the clerk, blah blah. BS!

No consistency in stories will make me cranky even more so because I hate tudes and laziness.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

BTW, I don't go direct through the SP... My town handles them. So my bottleneck might be different. I'm going to try get in and put a few permits through and chat with the guys. We'll see.

Typos courtesy Apple...

FFLs, I sincerely hope that any computers used for NICS checks are used only for that purpose. I was the informal "IT guy" at a small store - and I had to deal with many messes caused by people going online on the computers there. 80% of these were probably caused by one employee who was clueless about computers and eventually just started clicking everywhere on the screen if he got confused. As such, viruses, trojans, and malware were getting onto the computers there, even with antivirus and antimalware software installed and working. I dislike the idea of personal data having to be entered onto computers with potential security flaws... I hope any computer used for NICS is locked down to prevent employees from reading their mail or otherwise just browsing online. It woulda made my life a lot easier if i were allowed to curb that employees computer access...

My detective has heard nothing of this. P2P here are now averaging 2 months here and the bottleneck in the SPD...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sorry... Im going to call bs on this one.... I talk to the Nics unit every single day and never once have i heard even a peep of this.

Its possible that your FFL might have heard a rumor from someone else and is using this as a "Sorry for the delay but on a high note, Nics is going to be fast soon".

Added After post: Why would the NJSP call to gauge interest, If this were true of course interest would be there.

But ill tell ya this. I will look into this ASAP and find out if there is even a hint of truth to it.

Scroll down to read my retraction :)

I would. I applied through the state police and I've been waiting over 4 months. 125 days.

I'm talking trenton, not local barracks. My local pd has to send their paper work to them like everyone else and some towns are getting it back sooner then mine.

sent from my Samsung Note 2

I'm talking trenton, not local barracks. My local pd has to send their paper work to them like everyone else and some towns are getting it back sooner then mine.

The issue for me has been in Trenton. The Barracks sent my application to Trenton December 28th, and it has yet to come back.

The issue for me has been in Trenton. The Barracks sent my application to Trenton December 28th, and it has yet to come back.

I'd call the state. Williamstown has to go through trenton also. Applied for mine 2/24, issued 3/28. That's why I said not a state problem but maybe there is. Good luck to you. That sucks

I'd call the state. Williamstown has to go through trenton also. Applied for mine 2/24, issued 3/28. That's why I said not a state problem but maybe there is. Good luck to you. That sucks

Oh, I have. Yesterday I called the firearms unit. They hung up on me when I said I've been waiting for the permits for over 4 months. The next call was to the Senator.

Problem is, when going through a NJSP Barracks, no one seems to be sure if the permits are going to the firearms unit, to the SBI or some other section up there.

OK, heard two stories today.... Pretty much adds to the SP fables...

Had a long chat with my detective today. He said that pretty little yellow SBI form we have to fill out is the culprit. That is the bottleneck. SP are taking their time with it. Then there is from another source also said that Trenton has purposely slowed down the permit processing. Reason why is beyond me. They have 20 people doing these and they are only averaging 400 a day... So there is the latest scoop from 2 what I feel are reliable sources.

Don't be suprised if the troopers in the barracks lost your permits, but are not telling you. This happened to me a couple of years ago. The trooper that was working on my permits was a nice guy but seemed very lacsadaisical about processing the permits and FID's. His main duty was to be out on the road patrolling. It took 6 months until I actually got my permits, after I called about 100,000 times and after the 4th month, started complaining. They had to reissue my permits which took longer. I picked up my permits at the 6 month mark and then a few days later I got a call from teh barracks "Sir, your permits have come in, please come and pick them up". LOL! So the ones that they misplaced in the barracks were found laying around somewhere and then they called me to pick them up after I already had picked up the new set of permits that they had to reissue. It was ridiculous.

A year later, I went back for more permits and I was dreading it... This time there was a different trooper in charge of processing Permits and FID's who seemed to take the permits/FID processing really seriously, and lo and behold, I got everythign back in 5 1/2 weeks! So, I really believe that it just depends on who you're working with at each SP barracks.

Don't be suprised if the troopers in the barracks lost your permits, but are not telling you. This happened to me a couple of years ago. The trooper that was working on my permits was a nice guy but seemed very lacsadaisical about processing the permits and FID's. His main duty was to be out on the road patrolling. It took 6 months until I actually got my permits, after I called about 100,000 times and after the 4th month, started complaining. They had to reissue my permits which took longer. I picked up my permits at the 6 month mark and then a few days later I got a call from teh barracks "Sir, your permits have come in, please come and pick them up". LOL! So the ones that they misplaced in the barracks were found laying around somewhere and then they called me to pick them up after I already had picked up the new set of permits that they had to reissue. It was ridiculous.

A year later, I went back for more permits and I was dreading it... This time there was a different trooper in charge of processing Permits and FID's who seemed to take the permits/FID processing really seriously, and lo and behold, I got everythign back in 5 1/2 weeks! So, I really believe that it just depends on who you're working with at each SP barracks.

I sent the same e-mail I sent to my Senator also to the Governor. I got this e-mailed to me today:

Office of the Governor

Office of Constituent Relations

Post Office Box 001

Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0001

GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE ELECTRONIC RESPONSE

April 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Plode:

Thank you for your letter. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

I have asked the Department of Law and Public Safety Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa to review the information you sent to me and reply to you directly. If you wish to contact Attorney General Chiesa's office, you may write to the Department of Law and Public Safety at PO Box 80, Trenton, NJ 08625-0080, or call 609-292-4925.

Again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor

Once the AG got it, he probably hit the delete key immediately :angry: