iRescue

Chest rigs, plate carriers and 'war belts'

14 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Steel armor that is designed to be armor is fine. Don't buy re-purposed targets.

Weight is a concern, but safety is the primary concern. AR500 flat sucks for armor. There are better choices out there at similar price points.

Hesco plates - $129

http://www.officerstore.com/mobile/store/product.aspx/productId/31390/Hesco-Level-IV-10-x-12-Stand-Alone-Armor-Plate-Single-Curve-NIJ-06/

Not steel and good quality.

What carrier goes with this?

https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor-en/ar500-armor-square-back-level-iii.html

12 hours ago, fatty said:

Banshee is nice.

Are you going to wait for black friday deals?  Im sure there will be a ton

AR500 has pre black Friday sales. I'm going to check now for Spartan. I like the Banshee. I'm set on that as long as I can do plates and trauma pads. 

Edit:

Spartan has deals 23rd-27th. 

Spartan Armor Systems has 25% off AR550 and AR650 plates, and 20% off everything else. 

Deciding between shooter's cut and swimmer's cut. Swimmer's cut is the diamond shaped plate, shooter's cut has the square bottom. It saves a little more than a pound per plate, but is 7lbs 4oz vs 8lb 8oz worth the loss of coverage...

shooterscutpackage2__31306.1475613871.500.500.jpg

SwimmersCutPackage_650-__30302.1480697532.500.500.jpg

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

No plate carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not yet.  I want to get something that I'll be happy with for a while, and figure I'll save up and do some more research on.  I figured that a chest rig make it an easier transition in for the mean time.

5 hours ago, vjf915 said:

Bringin' it back.  I wasn't too thrilled about having 3 AR mags on the back of my belt, so I decided to get a chest rig.  Went with the HSP D3CRM.  I'd highly recommend this if you're willing to shell out the bucks.

20180905_182136_zpspurmn1hk.jpg

I like those rigs. Looking at one of the Haley or the Spiritus systems micro rigs that can be standalone chest rigs or can use the swift clips to attach on a PC.

4 hours ago, bhunted said:

No plate carrier?

20 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I like those rigs. Looking at one of the Haley or the Spiritus systems micro rigs that can be standalone chest rigs or can use the swift clips to attach on a PC.

Question answered

12 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I was looking at both when I was shopping around.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but this was slightly more expensive than a similar setup from Spiritus.  The difference was that this also had the small pouches on both sides.  I had also read a couple reviews of people that had both the Spiritus and D3CRM rigs, and were happier with the D3CRM.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to attach a hydration rig to to it.  Not as easy as some other rigs.

4 minutes ago, checko said:

That thing is tiny.

I like it.

That's one of the reasons why I liked it, I don't feel like I need to carry around a butt-ton of stuff.  I have 1 rifle mag in the rifle, 3 on the chest rig, and 1 on my belt.  And 1 pistol mag in the pistol, 1 on the chest rig, and 2 on my belt.  I feel like 5 rifle mags and 4 pistol mags should be enough for me.  I'm going to put some medical gear in the front pouch of the chest rig, and I already have an IFAK on my belt.  Make holes and plug holes.

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

i like the haley setup.. I use Tactical Taylor and I think they have a micro setup also.. and TT stuff is solid.. 

I need ideas for a belt, looking to run a safariland low mount holster, pistol and rifle mags. 

I like the high-speed gear https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/101852/high-speed-gear-laser-sure-grip-padded-molle-battle-belt-slotted-nylon?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shooting - Holsters %26 Belts&utm_content=101852&cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting - Holsters %26 Belts-_-High Speed Gear-_-101852&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsmB5pG-3QIVgUSGCh0MCQf4EAQYASABEgJ2SfD_BwE

Probably run it with their cobra belt. 

Any one got opinions? Something better? Their not cheap so figured I'd ask.

27 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I need ideas for a belt, looking to run a safariland low mount holster, pistol and rifle mags. 

I like the high-speed gear https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/101852/high-speed-gear-laser-sure-grip-padded-molle-battle-belt-slotted-nylon?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shooting - Holsters %26 Belts&utm_content=101852&cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting - Holsters %26 Belts-_-High Speed Gear-_-101852&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsmB5pG-3QIVgUSGCh0MCQf4EAQYASABEgJ2SfD_BwE

We are going with estac.. 

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

GCode Belt, ESSTAC pouches. When I get home I will post pics.

Wore it all day today. Very lightweight and comfortable.

52 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

GCode Belt, ESSTAC pouches. When I get home I will post pics.

Wore it all day today. Very lightweight and comfortable.

I was checking out some of the gcode gear. I liked the idea of a molle belt because of modulation, but i also would prefer something more compact. 

The GCode Operator Belt is not MOLLE and it’s only 1.75” wide, with a very slim profile. You wear it with an under belt so it stays put. The belt does have channels so you can place your pouches where you want them, but Hoy don’t have to use them. I have some pouches in the channels - Med, handcuffs, and Dump, but the ESSTAC mag pouches use their 1.75” belt sliders.

Okay so another noob question for those that are in the know.  Benefits of a battle belt.  My understanding is that the pros are: You can set it up to be load bearing.  It's easier to put on, because you don't have to loop it through belt loops...you normally have a keeper or velcro on through your belt loops that the battle belt will attach to.  Padded so it's a little more comfortable to wear.  Cons: Less breathable so you tend to sweat under the belt a lot.  Anything I'm missing?

Depends on what you get, it’s really no less-breathable than a leather belt.

The downsides are bigger, heavier, and it’s overt.

It has a time and place - when you need to carry a lot of gear, and you don’t care who knows you are carrying a lot of gear.

Sometimes a holster and a few Kydex pouches clipped onto your everyday belt will suffice. Some times a full onmbattle belt is called for, and sometimes something in the middle.

I have a few different belt set ups that I will use based on what’s appropriate for my task - work, training, competition, simple preparedness, range day, etc....

Its easier and faster to draw almost everything from. 

43 minutes ago, vjf915 said:

Okay so another noob question for those that are in the know.  Benefits of a battle belt.  My understanding is that the pros are: You can set it up to be load bearing.  It's easier to put on, because you don't have to loop it through belt loops...you normally have a keeper or velcro on through your belt loops that the battle belt will attach to.  Padded so it's a little more comfortable to wear.  Cons: Less breathable so you tend to sweat under the belt a lot.  Anything I'm missing?

The HSGI molle belts look terrible for breathability, there like 4-5 inches of neoprene padding. 

10 hours ago, High Exposure said:

The GCode Operator Belt is not MOLLE and it’s only 1.75” wide, with a very slim profile. You wear it with an under belt so it stays put. The belt does have channels so you can place your pouches where you want them, but Hoy don’t have to use them. I have some pouches in the channels - Med, handcuffs, and Dump, but the ESSTAC mag pouches use their 1.75” belt sliders.

The HSGI was molle, I'm interested in something smaller like the gcode, but get tripped up with attachments and fitment. I don't want attachments flopping around, so their seems to be a good deal of pre planning if I have certain gear in mind. 

I'd like something that will sit under my banshee plate carrier, but also be practical for comps if I ever find the time. Not to mention I would love to take some of GFH local classes like urban carbine.