iRescue

Chest rigs, plate carriers and 'war belts'

Does anyone here own any on-body tactical nylon gear? If so, what's your purpose?

Watching a bunch of videos on YouTube got me thinking... A lot of these guys and gals use chest rigs, plate carriers and or war belts. Some use when shooting at the range. Other use them as part of a bug out kit. Some are simple with one or two pouches, while others look like they are kitted out to go get Osama.

Just wondering what everyone uses em for here in NJ.

My "war belt" is an 1.5 in boston leather belt and wear it every day since it looks nice and can hold my knife, pager, phone, and occasionally a radio off of it. For work I put pouches on it for a flashlight and glove holder.

All of my belts are SPEC OPS brand. I used that instead of an old ass issued web belt with our pathetic holsters. I still use an Eagle holster I was issued in the 90's for under the bag.http://www.eagleindustries.com/products/detail.aspx?id=97http://www.specopsbrand.com/better-bdu-belt.html You can pick up Spec Ops at most gun shows.

I have around 5-7 vests for airsoft, from cheap stuff I loan new players, to decent quality stuff made by Blackhawk or Tactical Tailor. I have never worn any of these when shooting real firearms, as I have never had any need. If and/or when I start shooting in competitions where these rigs might be handy, then that might change.

I can understand a belt, maybe a breacher pouch, a few mag pouches/holders, and holster for a range day, but not a full getout unless I'm actually doing something serious...or need to look tacticool for a video

I own tactical tailor stuff.. and shoot with it at the range... it is a full chest rig I typically load about 150 rounds on it (5 30 round mags)... my rig also has a spare LPK... and some tools and a small bottle of cleaner and gun oil... a rag and a couple markers.. I also have body armor that I can wear under it...

I load my mags high in the front so they can be accessed while prone..

I have some USGI Web gear that I inherited, mostly M1956. I used it for airsoft when one was younger because it was free, it worked, and I didn't feel like I was looking too Call of Duty.

Plus I have an uber tacticool mosin pouch.

I got my chest rig to use during some AR training classes I took. Definitely helped having all the pouches on me and easily accessible. Only downside was that the classes I took were in the summer and it got really hot.

For work I have a Plate Carrier (MSA SOHPC) and a war belt (First Spear Gunfighter Belt with ATS Warbelt sleeve). I shoot all training classes in PC and Warbelt and about 80% of all personal training in both as well.

I also shoot all the Steel Comps at OBRPC that I attend in the Warbelt (sometimes my duty rig) and sometimes wear my armor as well.

If you have a requirement to shoot in armor, you need to practice/train with it. The weight changes balance and shooting positions. Your standing, squatting, kneeling, prone and asymmetric/unconventional positions all have to built differently in your gear then when you are running slick. The bulk of it changes everything from how you access your ammo to your cheekweld and stock placement on a rifle and how far you can extend your arms when shooting pistols in a typical modified isosceles/combat stance.

I have a number if chest rigs ( a BFG 10 Speed and an old Diamondback tactical model get the most use) that I will use occasionally, but mostly they are stashed for use when the PC would be inappropriate or too conspicuous.

ETA: Lalo is right - this shouldn't turn into a photo thread. Pics removed.

Edited by High Exposure

I've got one of the belts for 3 gun type stuff. Not because it is awesome or the best, but because after trying it I found I could make it through the day with less lower back pain when carrying the gear. It's also easy to take on and off without a lot of screwing around.

For carbine training classes I use the BCM 03MSF chest rig and love it. Light weight, holds AR Mags and I added moutches to hold pistol mags. The hydration carrier is perfect for getting water during class and also acts as a counterweight for the ammo on the front.

I don't use it at a static range... showing up to Ft Dix or Bullethole with a chest rig... kinda look like a retard...

I have some Condor pouches that are still working as they should, most of which are 4 to 5 years old and take whatever 'abuse' I have given them over as many years worth of airsofting...

I'd say for limited use gear, Condor probably is one of the better 'values.' If it will see a lot of heavy use....might wanna get something a bit sturdier... You can probably always sell it off later to an airsofter if you dislike it or want to upgrade.

Think about looking online for used stuff from better manufacturers. I bought some used Tactical Tailor stuff for less than the price I paid for new Condor stuff, and the quality of the TT stuff is certainly higher...

Condor is definitely on the lower end of the regular stuff. It'll last but if you're really beating up on it, it's going to wear out faster.

Here's the gear I was wearing at a big Airsoft game last weekend:

Tru-Spec Multicam Combat Shirt

Propper Multicam ACU pants

Alta Superflex Knee Pads (Multicam)

Custom Krukspec Multicam Plate Carrier

2x Condor Double Kangaroo M4 mag pouches (Open top, elastic band retention)

3x Krukspec double mag pouches (2 mags in a pouch, flap close)

Krukspec Utility/EMT pouch

Condor Hydration Carrier (Back)

BH SERPA w/ Molle attachment & QD Mount

Mechanix M-Pact II Gloves (Black)

Converse Multicam Boots

RSEGear.jpg

So yeah - Condor will be fine.

Damn on that Tactical Tailor sale! I just ordered a few more pieces last week.

I only use Tactical Tailor and SOE (buy once, cry once but you know it's built to last and holds value if you have to upgrade). My rig is simple:

Tactical Tailor MAV body 2 piece

TT X Harness

Hydration on back

E&E pouch mounted at the bottom of the hydration (bore snake, cleaner, oil, blistex, etc)

Mags up front

Roll up dump pouch

Pouch for flashlight

Pouch for multi-tool

This setup allows me to unclip the front fastex to comfortably shoot prone without having to "get out of" the rig. I also build/modify some of my own gear. If you or anyone else interested in trying, using, inspecting the rig to help aid in a purchase, let me know when you will be at the CJ range.

If you feel weird about practice and/or shooting in a rig/warbelt at the range, just wear a brightly colored Hello Kitty, Domo, Gumby, etc. shirt under it. It takes the edge off, hahaha.

my range in PA is very dead most of the time.. middle of nowhere PA.. I normally get some odd looks when the locals come by to see what I am doing..

necropost aaaahhhh!

I play airsoft so I have a full rig.... however when I want to run and gun with a lighter load, I just use a custom battle belt that I have. It has MOLLE attachments so I can customize it to however I want.

i have found myself in a similar position

i have been playing alot of airsoft lately, its great for the head and it does have some training qualities. My primary aeg is as close as i could reasonably make it to my saiga conversion, as is my sidearm. all of the gear i have pulls double duty, the idea being i can use any part of it for my real steel as well. I really want to take some serious classes, but the wife and newborn seem to not agree at the present time

rig is designed that the belt (first line) is indpendant of the chest rig containing both rifle and pistol mags, and i use High Exposures thing about reloading from the belt and backfeeding.

basic change for real steal use would be elimination of the 2 grenade pouches to slim it down. im not thrilled with their placement regaurdless

I have a bladetech holster being made as we speak, condor one is to get me through a game tomorrow

chest is TAG gear, acu was on clearance and i got it dirt cheap,

belt is ats

post-6543-0-73293500-1459657840_thumb.jpg

pic is for an upcoming game where im asigned black. normally i wear multicam or marpart.

post-6543-0-52155400-1459658132_thumb.jpg

real is 16" barrel one on bottom

edit for comparison pic

• Like 1

necropost aaaahhhh!

i have found myself in a similar position

i have been playing alot of airsoft lately, its great for the head and it does have some training qualities. My primary aeg is as close as i could reasonably make it to my saiga conversion, as is my sidearm. all of the gear i have pulls double duty, the idea being i can use any part of it for my real steel as well. I really want to take some serious classes, but the wife and newborn seem to not agree at the present time

rig is designed that the belt (first line) is indpendant of the chest rig containing both rifle and pistol mags, and i use High Exposures thing about reloading from the belt and backfeeding.

basic change for real steal use would be elimination of the 2 grenade pouches to slim it down. im not thrilled with their placement regaurdless

I have a bladetech holster being made as we speak, condor one is to get me through a game tomorrow

chest is TAG gear, acu was on clearance and i got it dirt cheap,

belt is ats

attachicon.gif12938323_10209498773848231_3269461973953525996_n.jpg

pic is for an upcoming game where im asigned black. normally i wear multicam or marpart.

attachicon.gif12316520_10208402566963744_8480133393062992778_n.jpg

real is 16" barrel one on bottom

edit for comparison pic

Are you signed up for Op:  Bad Blood?  Big event coming up in June :)

no, but im playing in red storm east next weekend. i just heard of one today thats supposed to be at penhurst, but i dont think i can get off for it

Have fun at red storm east - I played the first 2 years - the location is amazing.

If you want to play at Op Bad Blood, it's on June 25th.  Upstate NY (Paintball Sports NY) - great field.