matty

ALERT!!!! APRIL 30th SENATE HEARING AT NOON not 10AM See SLP comte page

So they did pass the FID bill? I thought the ANJRPC email blast said they passed it.

no the 2 bills about fid were sent back to assembly

I guess what I'm asking is - if approved by the assembly... Does the current FID bill (with training requirement and such) goes to Christies desk? Or did they hold it for further amendments

as of right now they were held and sent back to assembly for ammendments and errors, then after that I think they go back to senate, I'm not too up on the process

I thought they get sent back to senate committee for amendments. Not to assembly. Could be wrong though.

Too late for that. Christie has been picking anti-gun judges and his anti-gun AG has repeatedly slapped us in the face. 

There have been quite a few postings about trying different ideas.  Ever since Friday when it was reported that one of a possible three senators said on an open mike that what they really wanted to do was confiscate I've been entertaining the idea of who to contact about questioning their violating their oath of office to uphold the Constitution.  

Think I heard that a Sheriff Mack, out west somewhere, successfully sued the Federal Government on a matter about guns.  I remember some of the details because the NRA didn't take a position on the 2nd Amendment but on the 10th.  Therefore, instead of nj.com putting up a headline of these remarks upsetting pro-gun people would there be a way to get general support to upset all of the people that are against corrupt politicians?  Are statements like that evidence of a tyrannical government?

Personally, I was going to give a call the AG's office to ask which department to speak to, but ran out of their office time (still have to earn money).  But, my FID card is less than 30 days old, and I'm still waiting for my first NICS to clear so yes I'm concerned about sticking my nose in somewhere that would hurt the cause.

OK, this is a little off topic so please be kind when you tell me where to go.  Just asking.

I don't think NJ people care about a tyrannical gov't. From what I see they like tyranny as long as they get free stuff. 

This is Jersey. The origin of all

Stupidity. What did you expect

OK, I'll take on the challenge.  This is what I expect:

New Jersey State Constitution

ARTICLE I  RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1.   All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness. 

Officials of the government do Oaths and Affidavits

41:1-1. Oath of allegiance; form

Every person who is or shall be required by law to give assurance of fidelity and attachment to the Government of this State shall take the following oath of allegiance:

"I, , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New Jersey, and that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and to the Governments established in the United States and in this State, under the authority of the people So help me God."

And, upon evidence of the Oath of allegiance not being taken seriously then:

41:3-1. False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury

If any person shall willfully and corruptly swear, affirm or declare falsely, in or by any oath, affirmation, declaration or affidavit, required to be made or taken by any statute of this state, or necessary or proper to be made, taken or used in any court of this state, or for any lawful purpose whatever, such person shall be deemed guilty of perjury and punished accordingly.

or,

41:3-2. Subornation of oaths, affirmations or affidavits made or taken out of state

If any oath, affirmation or affidavit made or taken under authority of section 41:2-17 of this title, or any material part thereof, shall be untrue, any person who shall use or offer the same for any purpose whatever, knowing the same to be untrue, shall be guilty of a high misdemeanor, and shall upon conviction thereof suffer the same punishment as if convicted of subornation of perjury, and shall be subject to the same disabilities.

Whether I like the rules or not is not really the question, but I'm a rules player.  I'm not a lawyer, but the best person to fight a lawyer is another lawyer.  When the opposition is securely entrenched in their positions how can we support the legislators that take their oath of office seriously?  

Of course people like free stuff, I'm just trying how to figure out how to keep the stuff that I worked hard to get free from the government.  No, I don't think Jersey is the center of stupidity, a barrel of liars maybe but not stupidity..  Before becoming governor didn't Christie have a fairly good success rate of prosecuting corrupt politicians?

Thank you for answering my question.  Think I'll copy this post for an email to Christie, and my representatives.  Maybe I'll even add the three named senators if they think they are fulfilling their Oath of Office.  And, I saw where there is a group of representatives that have been submitting a bill year after year which seems to me what we should be pushing the legislature to pass -- S707 The "New Jersey Right to Home Defense Law." and A1906 The "New Jersey Right to Home Defense Law."  Maybe, just maybe if instead of looking like "gun-nuts" focusing on the tools to accomplish the task we focus on the task of "protecting our families and possessions".  Now I need to poke around to see if someone has proposed something like a "stand your ground" bill.

Just trying to keep focused on the forest and not the trees.  Now I'm really going to be told where to go.

So I am looking at the new text for S2467 which they sent back to committee.  The one that prohibits investments in companies that sell guns to civilians.

5/9 Budget and Appropriation, NJ2AS told them if they the bill prevents them from investing in like Walmart and Cabelas.  So they amended "importers and sellers" out.

5/13 Bill sponsor Gill. who wasn't there at the Appropriations meeting, pulled the bill back into second reading, and stuck the words "importer and sellers" back in.

Under NY Safe, and Feinstein's AWB, my Ruger 10/22 is an "assault weapon."  Dicks also sell a few Remington 870s that are  "assault weapons" under those definitions.

Just glad my money isn't managed by NJ Division of Investment.  Dumb dumb dumb  :maninlove: