matty

ALERT!!!! APRIL 30th SENATE HEARING AT NOON not 10AM See SLP comte page

here we go..smh. Sometimes the scare tactics here are just as bad as the nonsense from the antis

C'mon BLF, you would probably ask if there are firearms in the car in case one of them is up for sale.

I thought the firearms endorsement will be in the barcode and not visible

That's correct. This a mixed blessing, because now we have no way to demonstrate that we have an FID. I bet a lot of online retailers will stop selling ammo to NJ. Again, an easy fix. Just make the FID a separate card. They can have all their hi tech features.

I hope NJ2AS and ANJRPC will present these easy fixes.

Every time I've been pulled over...which is very seldom...0 points on dl but none the less pulled over for something silly like a tag light out at 6pm on a wed in the winter months... I'm asked every time if I have any guns/knives/weapons in the car....I don't look like a terrorist/extremist/drug dealer or doer.....and that's with NO scarlet letter on a dl....just saying

As if they will listen to them about anything....have they yet?......it's hard not to be pessimistic at this point....no matter how much logic/fact is presented its clear that they tune it out and do what they want which is the opposite of what the constituents want....oh shoot I keep thinking back to when they were representatives of the people not rulers of peasants....

Every time I've been pulled over...which is very seldom...0 points on dl but none the less pulled over for something silly like a tag light out at 6pm on a wed in the winter months... I'm asked every time if I have any guns/knives/weapons in the car....I don't look like a terrorist/extremist/drug dealer or doer.....and that's with NO scarlet letter on a dl....just saying

That's interesting, because in all my years I've never been asked that question. I'm curious as to why you get asked that. Do you have NRA stickers and such?

Somewhat new to these forums, but I have been reading through them and reading about the absolutely ridiculous bills that they are trying to pass and it just makes me sad that I live in such a misinformed state.

Thankfully I rent, but I will definitely consider buying a house outside of NJ.

Glad our representatives listen to us and truly represent us.

Then again, has any assembly really listened to the people in the room? They always decide their vote prior to it anyways.

To old glock guy: No sir....no stickers of any sort ...no 30" chrome wheels or 75k benz.....not a shady looking teenager just an average clear eyed cleancut looking guy in normal vehicles vw....dodges...fords... its been troopers and townies just the same......it's always asked.....hard to believe I'm the only one....

BLF,

Since when is information tracked by the government not used by the government? Remember when we were assured that EZ Pass records would be kept private and confidential and never used to track a person's travel? They are used in court proceedings all the time nowadays. People have a legitimate reason to worry about this.

Like DMV records that are sold, and the proceeds of said sale, are actually a line item in the budget?

As if they will listen to them about anything....have they yet?......it's hard not to be pessimistic at this point....no matter how much logic/fact is presented its clear that they tune it out and do what they want which is the opposite of what the constituents want....oh shoot I keep thinking back to when they were representatives of the people not rulers of peasants....

Weinberg and her ilk don't care, but Sweeney has a very strong incentive to appease the liberals without antagonizing his rural constituents. So does Christie.

That's correct. This a mixed blessing, because now we have no way to demonstrate that we have an FID. I bet a lot of online retailers will stop selling ammo to NJ. Again, an easy fix. Just make the FID a separate card. They can have all their hi tech features.

Here's an easy fix, get rid of the whole unconstitutional FID altogether.

I've been asked quite a few times. They play it like a joke though. They throw in grenades and rocket launchers when they ask. But I was pulled over a few months ago pulling into a wma and was in all camo the trooper didn't ask. I guess he already knew

BLF,

Since when is information tracked by the government not used by the government? Remember when we were assured that EZ Pass records would be kept private and confidential and never used to track a person's travel? They are used in court proceedings all the time nowadays. People have a legitimate reason to worry about this.

Thank you, same thing in PA, gun registration is illegal in PA but some how the police are able to keep and check if your firearm is in the sales database which I'm sure none of ours are and if they're not they confiscate them until you can prove ownership, sounds like an illegal registration to me that the courts of PA allow to happen and does anyone really think NJ courts will side with NJ gun owners

Any reason to go on may 2nd honestly, look what happened here, sadly Christie is our only hope and we know he'll most likely sign all of these bills in, now we get to wait a year to receive our new and improved fid/dl cards and be subjected to illegal searches when pulled over because we're gun owners, this is great

There are two bills that would be good for us. I won't say they are "pro-gun," but they attempt to solve two problems that we often complain about.

S2721 would clarify that you're not a felon if you stop to feed the kids on the way home from the range.

S2735 Needs work but it attempts to fix the .22 Marlin Model 60 problem.

I said this before. Combo DL and FID bad. You get into a tiff about guns with the law no matter what or where you are, they take your DL from you. Now you don't drive either till everything is resolved.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I said this before. Combo DL and FID bad. You get into a tiff about guns with the law no matter what or where you are, they take your DL from you. Now you don't drive either till everything is resolved.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Or more likely: click click click and your DL is worthless as a eFID.

email I sent to the committee members today after the vote

I was saddened today to watch you guys ignore the overwhelming evidence brought to you today by the believers in the second amendment. They're arguments were factual and based on experience's dealing with NJ's gun laws. You guys pretty much had your minds made up long before today and were probably thinking more in the lines of what you were going to have for dinner then the actual impact these overbearing laws will have on us citizens.

I must say I am for the first time in my life disgusted with how NJ politicians operate.

And I have a better understanding of why many feel this is the most corrupt state in the nation.

You care not for our constitution and protecting it for our citizens . You care only about the agenda of the party which seems to own you,

I'm glad my parents raised me to have standards so I can never act in the manner in which you did today. Ignoring your states people and your countries constitution.

I know you cant be proud of it so I'll ask if it made you happy?

Yours Truly

Any reason to go on may 2nd honestly, look what happened here,

Absolutely there is the a reason. Under no circumstances should these people think they we are giving up, or not watching them. The worst we can do is to allow the antis to own the floor.

Try to make that meeting, I know I took both days off for this reason.

To old glock guy: No sir....no stickers of any sort ...no 30" chrome wheels or 75k benz.....not a shady looking teenager just an average clear eyed cleancut looking guy in normal vehicles vw....dodges...fords... its been troopers and townies just the same......it's always asked.....hard to believe I'm the only one....

I've never been asked. All I've been asked is "do you know why I pulled you over?"

I talked with Sweeney at one of the breaks today and he said that the driver license FID stuff would be encoded on the back and that police officers would not have access to that info during a traffic stop (so he claims). He also said he agreed with me that magazine reduction is stupid. Let's see what happens.

Does "withheld" mean voted down or not voted on? In any case, I'm impressed that they put due process over feel good politics.

as far as i know, it was withdrawn to be changed. the ONLY positive that came out of the day was this. the former airport security/pilot gave very insightful points on how bad the bill is, and how easily anyone can be put on a 'terrorist watch list'. the one senator asked him an honest question about it, and listened to his answer. whether or not that single speaker changed his mind or he was already on that train, no one knows.

Any reason to go on may 2nd honestly, look what happened here, sadly Christie is our only hope and we know he'll most likely sign all of these bills in, now we get to wait a year to receive our new and improved fid/dl cards and be subjected to illegal searches when pulled over because we're gun owners, this is great

its basically farting in the wind. we vastly outnumbered the antis, gave real facts and not hearsay, and were far more passionate, yet they will never suddenly change their minds after hearing us talk. it does, however, show them how strong we are, the numbers we can put together, our devotion and passion on the issues. at the least, youll be listened to. heard, probably not. its never a bad idea to show at any pro 2A event.

I talked with Sweeney at one of the breaks today and he said that the driver license FID stuff would be encoded on the back and that police officers would not have access to that info during a traffic stop (so he claims). He also said he agreed with me that magazine reduction is stupid. Let's see what happens.

Police have the ability to scan your DL, hopefully the fid info won't show when this goes through