njpilot

Pressure Cookers Being Pulled

What a crock....anyone who actually cooks knows enough to not purchase WS's pressure cookers...too intricate,too complicated and too damn expensive.

“It’s a temporary thing out of respect,” said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall.

Their sentiment, while well intentioned, seems misplaced somehow.  I'd prefer a "100% of all proceeds from the sale of our pressure cookers will go to the XXXX-for-the-victims fund

Cabelas just got in 200 All American pressure cookers in 16 quart and high capacity 28 quart.  The high cap comes with the shoulder thing that goes up and both come with a free issue of Inspire Magazine.  The wait at the counter is over 2-1/2 hours and they are saying they have no idea when they can get more in.  But they know for sure the cost is going to skyrocket.  

They function flawlessly with both brass and steel cased jar baskets but since they are all aluminum (not chrome plated) you have to clean them after running corrosive foods through them.

They are said to be Israeli surplus (lend/lease).  They have been reamed out to slightly to metric dimensions because they get their jars from France. The steel gaskets have been torched in three sections, but SARCO has rubber replacements.

Thank God I got mine pre-ban.

Mine is 40 years old with the seals replaced several times and sees regular duty pressurizing Ox tails for stew and pig's feet for souse.......

When do we start the mandatory registration?

I have an air compressor tank, should I also register that? It's high capacity, it holds 30 gallons. Has a dual stage pump on it, It has dual threaded outlets, I'm assuming I'll have to pin and weld the fittings on? The handle on it also collapses to save space in the garage.

Their sentiment, while well intentioned, seems misplaced somehow. I'd prefer a "100% of all proceeds from the sale of our pressure cookers will go to the XXXX-for-the-victims fund

So are they stopping the sale of nails and ball bearings as well? *shakes head*

When do we start the mandatory registration?

I have an air compressor tank, should I also register that?  It's high capacity, it holds 30 gallons.  Has a dual stage pump on it,  It has dual threaded outlets, I'm assuming I'll have to pin and weld the fittings on?  The handle on it also collapses to save space in the garage.

I'm pretty sure 30 gallon comps had to be amnesty registered during the Compressor Control Act of 1968.

If you're not already a member, NOW is the time to join the NPCA!

Ha ....the logo will be a coiled sausage against a background of various beans under which will state "Don't pressure me"

Haha needed a laugh today

Although they do not even sell pressure cookers, Cheaper Than Dirt has announced that they are temporarily suspending all sales of them starting today.  But it is reported that they will begin stocking and selling them in a few weeks at a 400% markup.

I had two backordered for $145 a piece. They just canceled my backorder as, "Reason: Discontinued." I went on the site to see if they had any other ones and found THE SAME MODEL in stock and selling for $2,465. WTF?!!