DirtyDigz

CNBC showing "America's Gun: The Rise of the AR-15" Thursday 4/25

CNBC will present “America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15.” The one-hour documentary, premiering this Thursday, April 25th at 10PM ET/PT.

"The AR-15 is the best-selling rifle in America: some four million are in circulation. For a thousand dollars you can buy one at a Walmart or other retailers, if they’re not sold out. It has been used by mass murderers, but is also the preferred gun of law-abiding homeowners, hunters, and sport shooters who bond with their sons at weekend target practice"

The guy hosting it is a pretty progressive guy as far as his businesses reporting goes. But obviously we can never know what his personal feelings are

My bet is half the piece is in the popularity and functionality of it and the "don't dictate to me what I can use". And the other half will be the lethalness of the rifle and the antis asking why it's needed in suburbia

Here comes the "its only for killing as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time" BS warcry of the anti's. I always rebuke that mine must be broken b/c it hasn't hurt anyone.

Knew that was coming.. How come they couldn't interview someone more level headed like Travis Haley..?

that would not suit their needs...they NEED guys like yeager to push the line they are preaching

the average joe/jane doe who doesn't have guns needs to be "brainwashed" so that the "crazies" who have guns look bad...well spoken people like Haley or the like do not present the right stereotype for their arguments

I usually watch CNBC with the sound off -- and it might have helped here, too.

The first word that came to mind about the program was "incoherent". Only 4% of homicides involve rifles. Cody Wilson is demonstrating that it's impossible to control the manufacture of AR lowers. Women find them easy to shoot, and they're available in pretty colors now. Therefore they should be banned?

It kinda reminded me of a "round-robin" writing exercise, where one person writes a paragraph and then passes the paper to the next person to write the next paragraph. There were a couple of decent segments but that's about it.

A good portion of the piece was shot at RTSP, we are hoping it will be a balanced one. The clip below is me in the opening manipulating and firing a sweet black LWRC. I wont be getting royalties I guess!! LOL!

Thanks for helping CNBC with their anti gun propaganda :facepalm: