DirtyDigz

CNBC showing "America's Gun: The Rise of the AR-15" Thursday 4/25

A good portion of the piece was shot at RTSP, we are hoping it will be a balanced one. The clip below is me in the opening manipulating and firing a sweet black LWRC. I wont be getting royalties I guess!! LOL!

let us know if you gain any new customers ? I am curious if this segment gains any attention to shooting sports..

The show started off really well. I was very disappointed when they showed the AR trainer's video where he threatened to start killing people if King 0bungler took some action. That just made him, and us by association, look like dangerous people with dangerous looking weapons.

I also had a big problem with the doctors showing how bad these weapons are because of the damage they do. They made it sound like these "evil looking" guns were the most dangerous things on the planet, and we all know there are much more dangerous ones out there - they just don't look as bad. Why did they not show the damage that is caused by a regular handgun or what about a knife or what happens when a crazy person rams his car through a crowd. Pure NBC/0bamba propaganda.

I never had a problem with Yeager. He didn't go off and start killing innocent people. He basically got on camera and gave a reminder of what the 2nd amendment was about. The politicians don't care if you write them a letter. Sometimes they need to be reminded the American people can be dangerous if you continually go against them.

Would I have done that video? No friggin way. But if Obama went and signed an eo to ban guns after the bills got shot down something would have to have been done. if not officially by the other branches of government but then by the people who put them there. Hopefully it doesn't get to that.

I assume most of these politicians are surrounded by yes men. That will really give these guys a better then you complex. You have some pissed off tactical fighting trainer saying he will start shooting them maybe they will rethink.

Besides all this it was great advertisement for him. People who never heard of him now do. Some think he's a nut bag but that will still get his name out.

^in for later, cant see them at work. Is it when the camera guy was standing like right next to the target? lol

I like how one of the 1st things he said when they had the cameras rolling at his training class was something along the line of "Im a little crazy". Anyone else get that? This guy played right into the hands of the liberals making the show.

oh, and +1 for r/guns Im TheLugNutZ on there as well....

Wasn't able to watch it last night, out on duty. Is there a link to it anywhere?

America's Gun: The Rise of the AR-15

Brian Sullivan explores the American gun culture and meets with AR-15 manufacturers, dealers, owners and enthusiasts. Air Date: Sun 4/28 9:00PM Channel: 24 CNBCH Length: 60 mins Genre: Bus./financial,Special First Aired: Apr 25 2013 Cast: Brian Sullivan

Yeager is a tactless tool who is largely shunned by the majority of firearms professionals even before his now infamous start shooting stunt and this is exactly why the left leaning media will seek him out.How better to portray us as rabid,in your face gun fanatics than to put one in front of the camera in a supposedly balanced report on a reviled weapon.

His phone must be ringing off the hook after last night's show and judging by his reputation,he'll jump at the chance to spout his brand of firearm advocacy at any invitation..... That friends will not bode well for us I fear.

Yeager is a tactless tool who is largely shunned by the majority of firearms professionals even before his now infamous start shooting stunt and this is exactly why the left leaning media will seek him out.

Don't forget that other asshat that jumps and rolls around stabbing cinder blocks Rob Pincus..

Don't forget that other asshat that jumps and rolls around stabbing cinder blocks Rob Pincus..

Thanks... I didn't forget but Pincus actually has less credibility than Yeager and in the media's estimation not as believable....so in a mass market [ read simpering masses of MADD mothers and their emasculated mates] not worth the air time least he erodes any perception of credibility.

I prefer to highlight the positives of the show:

Started with dentist marksman

Almost every range shot had more women than men in it

No Feinstein

Only quote from LaPierre was a good one

Full explanation of evil features

Woman shot in movie theatre doesn't support gun ban

Again. More women shooters

Repeated reminder the rifle just looks badass

How many are in public now

while I understand anything can happen at any time to cause an accident... I have to admit... after really thinking about it.. at those distances... accidentally hitting that photographer is pretty unlikely.. that doesnt mean I am going run out and stand on the line..

Just watching it now. It seems to make a thinly veiled attempt to appear objective, but all the talk about preppers and such is clearly designed to make us appear to be paranoid, radical fringe nuts. They seemed to really enjoy the inflammatory footage they got out of Yeager.

It's always interesting to watch a show about guns, but I really don't think this one helped our cause.

while I understand anything can happen at any time to cause an accident... I have to admit... after really thinking about it.. at those distances... accidentally hitting that photographer is pretty unlikely.. that doesnt mean I am going run out and stand on the line..

The likelihood of an event occurring isn't the premise of safety protocols. Is it likely that a gun I safety checked 5 seconds ago will discharge? No, but I still don't point one at people and I still keep my finger off the trigger. The point is to minimize and mitigate and having a photographer downrange is counter to both those ends.