StriderTB

Science quiz! See how you stack up.

Do people really think this is hard?

All this stuff except for two questions were covered in my 7th grade science class back in the 80s. If you have some dyslexia, I can see how the wording of some more would potentially mess you up.

The chart at the end is scary.

Do people really think this is hard?

All this stuff except for two questions were covered in my 7th grade science class back in the 80s. If you have some dyslexia, I can see how the wording of some more would potentially mess you up.

The chart at the end is scary.

When this can happen http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/02/florida-water-prank/2046639/ we shouldn't be surprised by the overall poor results on such a quiz lol

i thought i did good with 11 until i read all of your comments.

im not surprised that some of the numbers are as low as they are.

Im also not surprised that the demographic of this forum would be on the higher end of the spectrum.

You answered 12 of 13 questions correctly :)

happy to be in the company of well read individuals :)

I was going through it too fast, should've thought a lil longer on this one. obvious answer ...

Which gas makes up most of the Earth's atmosphere?

You answered "Carbon dioxide"

The correct answer is "Nitrogen"

oopsie.....you're almost programmed.

13/13. Mechanical engineer here. The one thing I did find interesting was it seemed men outperformed women in all but the biology/medicine categories where they had a decent margin better performance. A lot of the questions seemed to be grammar school level science as well.

13/13, but I'm a physicist.

I think this thread is slanted towards high scores because people who score poorly probably wouldn't want to post about it. The chart at the end is scary.

What I find most interesting is that 18-29 beat 65+ on 11 questions, matched on 1 question, but lost by a fair margin (15%) on the issue of fracking. It makes a lot of sense, though: most of my generation has no clue about it, while the other three demographics are homeowners I used to see on the news speaking out against fracking.

13/13 Those were all very easy. I admit though that the fracking question would have gotten me if they had thrown in oil as one of the answers. I really want to know how less then 50% of people do not know the basics about lasers or atoms?