M wife can barely handle my Mr. Beer kit let alone that setup!

I'm getting forced out into the garage this summer actually. :D Getting a bayou burner, thinking of adding a spigot to the brew pot, and building a couple temperature controlled cabinets for fermentation is the goal this year.

I'm getting forced out into the garage this summer actually. :D Getting a bayou burner, thinking of adding a spigot to the brew pot, and building a couple temperature controlled cabinets for fermentation is the goal this year.

If you're going to add valves, maybe a sight glass thermometer combo, check this guys shop out. http://www.brewhardware.com/ He's local, Piscataway, and a great guy to deal with.

Picked up some yeast yesterday, so i'm ready for a double brew day on Sunday. Belgian Wit, and an Ordinary Bitter are what's planned.

If you're going to add valves, maybe a sight glass thermometer combo, check this guys shop out. http://www.brewhardware.com/ He's local, Piscataway, and a great guy to deal with. Picked up some yeast yesterday, so i'm ready for a double brew day on Sunday. Belgian Wit, and an Ordinary Bitter are what's planned.

Thanks for the link, I was thinking about getting a sight tube/thermometer combo put in as well and now that I know there is a good guy here in NJ it has been added to the master brewing tools want list.

I'm transferring an American Blonde to the secondary tonight and brewing up an Irish Blonde tomorrow. It's nice to have Blondes around in the summer time ;)

I went to Brew Your Own Bottle this past weekend and brewed up a Belgian Summer Ale. Getting addicted to this hobby.

Anyone a member of a homebrew club?

Never had the time to make meetings, so I never joined one.

There is a homebrew club that meets in Woodbridge called Whales. I believe they meet at JJ Bitings.

I'm waiting for this to finish bottle conditioning. The hydrometer sample tasted great. Should be ready May 11th.

Tiger Ale

Brewed on Date: 3/24/2013

Style American Pale Ale

Starting Boil 3.50 gal

Batch Volume 2.50 gal

BU:GU 0.63

Recipe Characteristics

Recipe Gravity 1.046 OG

Estimated FG 1.012 FG

Recipe Bitterness 29 IBU

Alcohol by Volume 5.80%

Alcohol by Weight 4.60%

Recipe Color 6° SRM

Ingredients

Quantity Grain

3.00 lb Briess DME - Golden Light

0.35 lb Muntons DME - Amber

Quantity Hop Type Time

0.25 oz Simcoe Pellet 50 minutes

0.25 oz Simcoe Pellet 15 minutes

0.50 oz Centennial Pellet 10 minutes

0.50 oz Cascade Pellet 5 minutes

0.25 oz Willamette Pellet 0 minutes

0.25 oz Cascade Pellet 0 minutes

Quantity Misc Notes

0.50 unit (5.5 grams) Safale S-05 Dry Ale Yeast Yeast (59°-75° F)

A close friend of mine brews his own and mentioned that there will be a BBQ at the Mistucky Creek Homebrew and Wine making Supply Tomorrow, Saturday 5/4. The BBQ is from 11-2 and is a CHARITY event to support the Warwick Valley Humane society.

Mistucky Creek is located at the Warwick General Rental on 331 South Route 94 just over the NJ/NY border. About halfway between Warwick NY and Vernon NJ.(~4 miles to either).

Here's a Link: http://wvhumane.org/animalshelter/events/mistucky-creek-homebrew-and-wine-making-supply-charity-all-proceeds-going-to-support-the-warwick-valley-humane-society/

I might stop by for some BBQ as it's only 10 minutes from my house.

I need to move a batch to my carboy this weekend and realized I have no b-brite or other sanitizer. Does anyone know of a source in Hunterdon County? Thanks.

Princeton Homebrew on RT. 29 in West Trenton has Star-San and others. Not sure how far that would be for you though,

Princeton Homebrew on RT. 29 in West Trenton has Star-San and others. Not sure how far that would be for you though,

That's where I usually go as I'm in Trenton pretty often. I'll make the trip if need be but hoping for something closer. Thanks!

I need to move a batch to my carboy this weekend and realized I have no b-brite or other sanitizer. Does anyone know of a source in Hunterdon County? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co...sl_31tmbewqqk_b

Upside: Shipped to your front door...downside: shipping cost and time. If you are an Amazon Prime member, free 2 day express shipping though.

http://www.amazon.co...sl_31tmbewqqk_b

Upside: Shipped to your front door...downside: shipping cost and time. If you are an Amazon Prime member, free 2 day express shipping though.

True...but as you mentioned, time. And, like with guns/ ammo, I like dealing with local merchants whenever possible.

Just go to a local pharmacy and buy bedodine (iodine) and dilute with water for your sanatizer. I forget the ratio but that will work fine. I use star san but in the past iodine works just as good.

In primary right now is Summer ale (made with Lime not lemone)  Double IPA and a Hoegarden Clone.  Moving to secondary this sunday.  My buddies and I had a brew day 2 weeks ago.  If anyone needs c02 theres a place in New Brunswick that caters to Homebrewers its called reliable carbonics.  There great there.

One on the left is good to go and delicious it's an American style Blonde, the one on the right an Irish Blonde should hopefully be ready in about a week (I'll pull one off early this weekend to see how it's doing).  Also have about 24 bottles of Hefe and just put a batch of Russian Imperial Stout in the fridge (early unfortunately as it was supposed to age until July 8th in bottles, but after the 3rd one blew up I said screw it).

480584_10151375069042282_433812269_n.jpg

One on the left is good to go and delicious it's an American style Blonde, the one on the right an Irish Blonde should hopefully be ready in about a week (I'll pull one off early this weekend to see how it's doing).  Also have about 24 bottles of Hefe and just put a batch of Russian Imperial Stout in the fridge (early unfortunately as it was supposed to age until July 8th in bottles, but after the 3rd one blew up I said screw it).

480584_10151375069042282_433812269_n.jpg

Looks similar to my setup. You should lose the picnic taps and put some through the door, like this.

post-3490-0-83023800-1369366656_thumb.jpg

Just bottled a batch of brewers best Summer Ale last night. It tasted OK but...wimpy. Granted, this is my first attempt and I wanted it to appeal to my wife also. That will effect kitchen usage and future funding requests for brewing equipment/supplies :D

I have a BB English Bitter kit ready to go next.

Looks similar to my setup. You should lose the picnic taps and put some through the door, like this.

attachicon.gifkegerator1 (1 of 1).jpg

It is all in the works ;-)  I plan to mount the CO2 bottle outside, so I will have room for 6 kegs going to 6 different taps.  Just trying to decide if I want to paint the fridge up nicely or just punk rock it out with stickers and graffiti.  My younger (lazier) punk side is leaning towards making it look mean.

Just bottled a batch of brewers best Summer Ale last night. It tasted OK but...wimpy. Granted, this is my first attempt and I wanted it to appeal to my wife also. That will effect kitchen usage and future funding requests for brewing equipment/supplies :D

I have a BB English Bitter kit ready to go next.

I brew a lot of light blondes (3%-4.4% on average) in the summer. They are great for sitting out in the heat.  The idea of slamming back a bunch of 9.4% Russian Imperial Stout's on a hot summer day isn't to appealing.

It is all in the works ;-)  I plan to mount the CO2 bottle outside, so I will have room for 6 kegs going to 6 different taps.  Just trying to decide if I want to paint the fridge up nicely or just punk rock it out with stickers and graffiti.  My younger (lazier) punk side is leaning towards making it look mean.

Nice! I was a little nervous about drilling a hole through the side of my fridge, but I quickly got over it. Do yourself a favor and save up for the Perlick faucets, the cheap ones if not used regularly will get gunked up and not want to open. 

As far as the paint or stickers, I say go for the stickers. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I have a bunch of stickers from various breweries that need to be applied. Good luck with it.