Shawnmoore81

Making a magpul legal?

Wouldn't it be a fixed stock if there is no lever on it?

I have to shorten up my sons 15-22 and I was wondering if that was an option

It wouldn't be considered "adjustable" since the lever would be missing. At least that's my interpretation. You would need a tool like a sturdy punch to lift the pin up so that you could change the position.

I'd hate to have to keep drilling holes every year or so

Why would you keep drilling holes in it every year? Even if you had to remove the pin, you can hammer another one in when necessary. I do it all the time when I'm able to actually use a normal stock. I would rather not neuter it by removing the lever. It would just look stupid

Anyone ever try removing the lever? Be an easy way without drilling into anything. Then the stock wouldn't be "collapsible"

I think you are looking for MORE trouble.

I also think that anyone who is not a complete pussy can pinch the crosspin with their fingers and pull it down to adjust the stock in the same manner one would to remove the stock.

If you get busted/charged I would hope that you would not try to defend yourself saying you are to fat to manipulate the crosspin as it is much easier than a feild sobriety test.

This Magpul stock knowledge was obtained in the state of MD, where you can have a colapsable stock for now (but not for long :angry: ) The too fat to do a field sobriety test comments are based upon the public record which was pointed out to me by a friend in the legal community.

I originally did the trick where you take the mechanical parts out and put the dow in there on my 516. Which on that gun I don't plan on moving it often if ever again. I moved it yesterday due to eye relief on my g33 and I bought a nice sig rifle case that is made for rifles in free America. But that .22 I'm gonna have to move it a couple times in the next couple years.

What aggravates me is I want that ubr stock but pinning that would be a shame. The str is the 2nd strongest so I went to that one.

I know its a little late but I pinned my STR right under the rubber plug. Doesn't distract from the looks you don't destroy the stock and if you ever need to move it you could just drill the pin out move repin ....

Good option