Steve_G

Assembly won't consider Senate bills without 10 round mag limits

Looking at the pending bills for Thursday it seems the only one relating to capacity involves excluding .22 cal from the definition of high capacity (i e 15 rounds). Is that right?

No, here is the listing for tomorrow: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/BillsForAgendaView.asp

It includes the Cal .50 ban as the first item.

Looking at the pending bills for Thursday it seems the only one relating to capacity involves excluding .22 cal from the definition of high capacity (i e 15 rounds). Is that right?

That is correct. The mag capacity bill will not be heard at this time.

I think it is just for one tube fed gun (Marlin 60?)

Yes, but that bill is so badly written it doesn't even exempt that gun because it exempts tubular magazines not the gun itself. It's to address the Pelletieri case.

Supposedly there's an amendment to fix it.

the only part of this bill i think would be good is the one that eliminates the paper form of the FID and becomes part of your DLs and state ids. also i think it should be up to the state whether a person is approved or denied when applying for their FID, not the local towns since they like to make up their own rules as they go along.

So I am sure a lot of you guys know this, but this was a real eye opener for me.

That campaign poster where Christie was hammering Mike Carroll for not supporting gun control in NJ? Turns out the marlin 60 was banned by that very bill that Christie supported.

It would be the ultimate in irony if he signs the bill to make it legal again.