BossyMossy

12 days, Time of Day? Weekends?

Hi Everybody,

So, I purchased a brand spanking new P229 on Monday, the 15th of April. I am extremely excited, as i'm sure you all can understand. This will be my first handgun.

In any event, I too, am now one of those waiting on a miserable NICS check. I was wondering when those of you got the call from your LGS that the NICS was cleared. Was it during the morning, afternoon, or at night? Also, does anybody know if they are also sending back approvals during the weekends? I'd just really love to get a call tomorrow on my day off (Saturday), and was wondering if that was a possibility!

Let me know.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Michael

My past 2 NICS calls were received around 1:00-2:00 timeframe during the week. I think that was more from the LGS calling buyers in batch to pickup. NICS is open until 5 today, so there is a good possibility today you might get the call.

Great pick for a first gun. Good Luck with it and welcome to the 2A family.

Congrats, and welcome to the crazy NJ gun law joke. What part of "Instant" does our stupid state not get?

This is just my first handgun, i'm well aware of the joke that is New Jersey's gun laws lol..

Update... no call today. Tomorrow is Sunday. So, i guess i'll be crossing my fingers on day 14 (Monday)...

Long time lurker... figured I'd jump in on this thread.

Bought my first handgun this past Sat. a Springfield 1911. Did a ton a research and super excited to get it.

Store owner siad NCS checks are running upward of 10-14 days right now.... well, I guess if I waited this long, whats another couple weeks? T.T