so_dank

What semi auto to get

I've never had an interest in semi auto rifles... there cool but I primarily hunt. My buddy just picked up an ar-m&p and now due to my competitive nature its on!! ... if money was not a concern what would you suggest manufactured not custom. His is nice but I don't want to be the tweedle Dee of his dumb... just an idea of what to look at.. I'm only buying one so make it good :rolleyes:

Many choices here. First you decided on an ar15 platform, great. Now step two, what style? M4 Carbine, A4, etc! You said you like to hunt, perhaps a bull barrel with a scope? See lots of possibilities. You don't want to be the "tweetle-dumb" part of the equation. I would get a lower with an A2 stock, then decided what upper bet suits YOUR liking! I would suggest a hunting upper. Doing this will give you a firearm you will use. Not to mention saving the 15% excise tax on completed firearms. If you decide the M4 Carbine is your choice, a simple upper purchase and buffer tube / stock change will give you this also.

This Ar-15 platform is "barbie" for boys with big toys.

Check out the lwrc line. They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for in this case. They marry form and function very well. I have a repr and of all my guns it's my favorite.

The important thing is to check out the different styles and find put what you like. For a general purpose AR, I like a light gun. To me, LWRC guns are boat anchors, suitable for a bench rest and that is about it. Obviously, other folks feel differently.

The important thing is to check out the different styles and find put what you like. For a general purpose AR, I like a light gun. To me, LWRC guns are boat anchors, suitable for a bench rest and that is about it. Obviously, other folks feel differently.

I would agree with you. I have only a bipod and a scope and my repr is 10 pounds at least. But I have no realistic expectation that I will be marching around with it storming buildings or even hunting. It's manageable though, I am able to stand holding it for a hundred rounds or so... But I'm not a small guy.