Is there some place you can pick up the fingerprinting cards? Do you have to get "certified" from a Utah-approved instructor, or do you qualify with an NRA course?

I took mine last September, I was told it wasn't necessary to include your occupation on the application by the instructor, WRONG, I received a sheet that had to be completed, notarized and sent back. It took almost 4 months for mine. It was about 70 days when I received the notification of the error.

Is there some place you can pick up the fingerprinting cards? Do you have to get "certified" from a Utah-approved instructor, or do you qualify with an NRA course?

You do have to be certified by A Utah Cert Instructor. There is no shooting required. Course takes 4 hours to complete.

Then the wait begins.

So, the exorbitant rate of $200 is the going rate? And, to only have PA say, oh, well, we are not accepting Utah, anymore, either.

So, the exorbitant rate of $200 is the going rate? And, to only have PA say, oh, well, we are not accepting Utah, anymore, either.

Maybe someone else can elaborate better then I, as I don't fully understand. I was talking to a friend who is a Utah instructor (www.team-life.org). He was telling me that PA can't easily stop accepting Utah. FL and AZ (recently dropped by PA) are receprocity agreements between the states. Utah is covered by law as it isn't an agreement the same way FL and AZ were. PA was able to drop these since they aren't covered by law. To drop Utah the state of PA would have to change the way one of the laws was written.

Same friend also showed me an article about PA dropping FL. The article said that PA dropped FL for PA residents, and that FL is still recognized by non residents.

I sent an email to my friend asking for clarification and statutes, as well as the FL article and statutes. I'll post when I get a reply.

Your friend is correct about Utah. However the unknown is that the AG has to make the determination as to whether their laws are similar to PA's.

But the big thing that is in our favor for PA is that they won't issue to states that have reciprocity unless they have a permit from their own states.

The witch (Kane) cared mostly about PA residents who don't have a PA LTCF and were getting nonresident permits to carry. Utah takes care of that by the above requirement that you must have a permit from your home state.